Spore 2? Better ideas?

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Troz
Hatchling
Hatchling

Spore 2? Better ideas?

Unread post by Troz »

What should be added in spore.
1. Climbing on tree mode? It would be more realistic and fun than only jumping on them.
2. In old spore, twe were able to move killed prey.
3. Better graphics/shading?
4. More realistic running and sounds.
5. Water stage ( probally was on spore beta ).
6. Better flying mode ( can go auto up or down when pressing buttons )
7. Online! :D

Are at least some of them possible?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore 2? Better ideas?

Unread post by rob55rod »

Troz wrote:1. Climbing on tree mode? It would be more realistic and fun than only jumping on them.
Nope
Troz wrote:2. In old spore, twe were able to move killed prey.
Nope
Troz wrote:3. Better graphics/shading?
In theory, yes. But in practice, there is currently no way of doing it - Spore's shader format is incredibly complicated. To this day, it has even Emd stumped D:
Troz wrote:4. More realistic running and sounds.
In theory yes. Good luck finding the sounds to replace and ones to replace them with, though.
Troz wrote:5. Water stage ( probally was on spore beta ).
No. Unless you count TitanMods's attempt at reworking the creature stage into some crude likeness of it, but I doubt that would really do it. It isn't really the aquatic stage, it's just a creature stage with some major cosmetic tweaks.
Troz wrote:6. Better flying mode ( can go auto up or down when pressing buttons )
Not happening
Troz wrote:7. Online! :D
...what do you mean? .-.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

Just imagining.. Since spore is using OpenGL

Can't we somehow make the graphics engine of spore READ glsl code and replicate it sort of virtually into the graphics engine?
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:Just imagining.. Since spore is using OpenGL
No it doesn't, it uses DirectX.
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:Can't we somehow make the graphics engine of spore READ glsl code and replicate it sort of virtually into the graphics engine?
Well in theory maybe, but in practice? Probably not. Given the amount of RE needed, I think it'd be easier to convert to Spore's native shader format, and that's beyond even Emd.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:Just imagining.. Since spore is using OpenGL

Can't we somehow make the graphics engine of spore READ glsl code and replicate it sort of virtually into the graphics engine?
Spore doesn't use OpenGL, it uses DirectX (and so it doesn't use GLSL, but HLSL instead). The shaders themselves are just in shader assembly (a format that lots of programs can decode). The problem is that all shaders are put in one single file which we don't know how to read, and so we don't know how to extract them and put our own shaders.

Anyways, usually graphics improvements need to pass new parameters to the shaders, and for that the entire game has to be modified.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
BluUniverse
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by BluUniverse »

ideas:
Multiplayer,