Better graphics?

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Better graphics?

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Hey!

I would like to have a mod that makes buildings and vehicles have the same detailed textures ingame as in the creator.

thx for reading!

xxXRealtutorialsXxx
Creature
Creature

Re: Better graphics?

Unread post by xxXRealtutorialsXxx »

Well, i am gonna leave a reply here so i will be notifed if there is a mod like that. :D
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Static696 »

THE GUY ABUV MEH wrote:Well, i am gonna leave a reply here so i will be notifed if there is a mod like that. :D
me TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

I had forgotten that I made this request :lol:
Raptorians
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Raptorians »

I don't know too much about any mods or config file tweaks for this, but I do know of a cheat that does this! Just type the following command in the cheat console:

Code: Select all

highrestexturelevel high
Unfortunately, it resets itself to default quality once you restart Spore, so you'll have to input it again every time, but it works.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Raptorians wrote:I don't know too much about any mods or config file tweaks for this, but I do know of a cheat that does this! Just type the following command in the cheat console:

highrestexturelevel high
Unfortunately, it resets itself to default quality once you restart Spore, so you'll have to input it again every time, but it works.
Better idea:
rob55rod wrote:HD Texture Tweak.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

Raptorians wrote:I don't know too much about any mods or config file tweaks for this, but I do know of a cheat that does this! Just type the following command in the cheat console:

highrestexturelevel high
you could try one of 2 things, but only if that command is also somewhere in a config file or is able to be used as a game state or something:
make a batch file that resets that config tweak and then starts spore
or
make the file that contains it read-only

otherwise, if it does only exist in the console as a cheat/command, then those won't work and I don't know.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

tried the tweak but it only works in especific portions of the game and editor, and sure NOT in the sporepedia
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:tried the tweak but it only works in specific portions of the game and editor, and sure NOT in the sporepedia
Yeah I know, that's what the accompanying mod is for.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

what accompanying mod? i am really missing something right here

oh right the actual request XD
but interestingly enogh the texture tweak works for creature and vehicle editor and some building textures, and even ingame(creatures a least) but not the sporepedia which is virtually the place where one takes a look at EVERYTHING
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:what accompanying mod? i am really missing something right here

oh right the actual request XD
but interestingly enogh the texture tweak works for creature and vehicle editor and some building textures, and even ingame(creatures a least) but not the sporepedia which is virtually the place where one takes a look at EVERYTHING
I linked to a Tweak and a Mod in the same post. The mod does what the Tweak doesn't. Install both for maximum effect.

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

i see the link to the tweak but no mod
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:i see the link to the tweak but no mod
It's one link for both.

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

there i found nothing -_-

let me be more specific
the only link you provided here in this post, leads to a post in the official spore forums
be that my configurations or what, it leads me to one page, where i cant find anything more than several answers featuring different conffigurations for the "tweak", and given it is literally, thousands of pages , i cant just "search" the entire place
if you could link directly the mod, or point me what page it is on, or anything, i would be very grateful, but as it is right now, i cand find it
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:there i found nothing -_-

let me be more specific
the only link you provided here in this post, leads to a post in the official spore forums
be that my configurations or what, it leads me to one page, where i cant find anything more than several answers featuring different conffigurations for the "tweak", and given it is literally, thousands of pages , i cant just "search" the entire place
if you could link directly the mod, or point me what page it is on, or anything, i would be very grateful, but as it is right now, i cand find it
The Davoonline link leads to a specific post on the Sporum, which in turn contains the mod in a link, and the tweak in a quote. Try reading that post and clicking the link.

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

you cool dude and all but really this is going nowhere, the only link i found is the sporemodder one, and nothing in its descriptions says anything about fixing anything with textures
¬_¬
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I just checked the link you posted rob, I can't find the mod either. Mind posting the actual direct link to the mod?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

The link is hard to see... It is just a "here" in the end of Rob's post
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Darhagonable wrote:The link is hard to see... It is just a "here" in the end of Rob's post
Seriously? THAT'S what did it?

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

oh... now i see it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”