Need help extracting sounds

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: We can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone's bound to pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue.
Additionally, be aware that we can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

fungus3
Zodiac: Taurus

Need help extracting sounds

Unread post #1 by fungus3 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:21 pm

I am trying to extract the sounds and music from Spore and Darkspore.

Ealayer3 does not work on #02B9F662 files! :cry:

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.

Re: Need help extracting sounds

Unread post #2 by rob55rod » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:56 pm

We have partial ability to work with one of Spore's audio formats. Hopefully Emd will be able to figure out the others. In the meantime, forget it. There's literally no way to convert them.

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]

Unread post #3 by Emd4600 [ASR] » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:26 pm

IIRC, #02B9F662 are just prop files. Remove the actual prop hash from reg_type and add taht one instead, and when unpacking it should convert those files.

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

GBAura

Unread post #4 by GBAura » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:17 pm

It doesn't matter if you use EALayer3 and FFMPEG, there are some files in the game that can't be ripped no matter what you do. Combining with SporeMaster not being able to name the extensions will make it be the most difficult and tedious OST to rip yet.

That is, if this was back in 2009. To put it bluntly, I figured out how to rip those impossible files and make it easier to nab the ones you're looking for, but I haven't set up the tutorial yet and I want to keep it all a secret until then.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.

Unread post #5 by rob55rod » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:11 pm

GBAura wrote:It doesn't matter if you use EALayer3 and FFMPEG, there are some files in the game that can't be ripped no matter what you do. Combining with SporeMaster not being able to name the extensions will make it be the most difficult and tedious OST to rip yet.

That is, if this was back in 2009. To put it bluntly, I figured out how to rip those impossible files and make it easier to nab the ones you're looking for, but I haven't set up the tutorial yet and I want to keep it all a secret until then.

GBAura wrote:I haven't set up the tutorial yet and I want to keep it all a secret

GBAura wrote:I haven't set up the tutorial yet and I want to keep it all a secret

GBAura wrote:I want to keep it all a secret

You're joking...RIGHT??

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

fungus3
Zodiac: Taurus

Unread post #6 by fungus3 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:28 pm

GBAura wrote:It doesn't matter if you use EALayer3 and FFMPEG, there are some files in the game that can't be ripped no matter what you do. Combining with SporeMaster not being able to name the extensions will make it be the most difficult and tedious OST to rip yet.

Can you at least PM me? I won't spoil it, and I really want to do it right now.

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

GBAura

Unread post #7 by GBAura » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:18 pm

rob55rod wrote:

GBAura wrote:I want to keep it all a secret

You're joking...RIGHT??

Nope! I'm not joking! If anything, those unused songs I found in the game should really say something! :lol:

fungus3 wrote:Can you at least PM me? I won't spoil it, and I really want to do it right now.

I'll get to you once I have the time.

Ripper of Spore: Unofficial Galactic Score and... that's about it.

Meaningless Quote:

"Raggedy Ann scares me!"

Return to “Mod Request”