Request: FASHION v2

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Sven.Littkowski
Civilian
Civilian

Request: FASHION v2

Unread post by Sven.Littkowski »

Hi,

at the moment, we can "dress" our creatures with some sort of cloth and items. But those are automatically colorized in the colors of the creature's body.

I was thinking and wondering, if it would be possible to create a mod, that applies one color to all additional "cloth" items of the creature: a mod called "Flat White Outfit Mod" that applies a flat white color to everything the creature is wearing. Or a "Golden Outfit Mod" that makes the outfit looking like made of golden material. Or a "Silver Outfit Mod", and so on. These mods apply that color and override the own colors of those items.

If that is possible, I would suggest the following colors or materials (each color in flat or glossy):
- white
- black
- grayish blue
- orangish yellow (like a Buddhist monk's robe)
- sienna red (it's a red with some brownish appeal, like corrosion or bauxit soil)
- silver metallic
- gold metallic
- bronze metallic
- olive green
- camel brown (desert sand)

Share modded Spore things at: https://www.Facebook.com/groups/Spore.Game
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Request: FASHION v2

Unread post by Vallachan »

You could always use my camben color pack mod to imitate clothing, many people who use it do. And most likely, a large portion of your massive influx of mod requests won't be taken seriously, just because of the sheer amount of requests and the amount of effort that they would require
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Camßεn wrote:You could always use my camben color pack mod to imitate clothing, many people who use it do. And most likely, a large portion of your massive influx of mod requests won't be taken seriously, just because of the sheer amount of requests and the amount of effort that they would require
Oh come on, so you're gonna shoot him down, because of that? I see no sense in that. Personally, I think it's quite nice to see requests that are atleast somewhat within the realm of possibility. It's a nice change to the usual :U
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

I'm not trying to shoot him down, but it's true. I really like his ideas but the truth is, nobody who still mods spore is even considering working on them it seems like, and probably because they are such big projects.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:I'm not trying to shoot him down, but it's true. I really like his ideas but the truth is, nobody who still mods spore is even considering working on them it seems like, and probably because they are such big projects.
.____________________________________________________.

k then

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Sven.Littkowski
Civilian
Civilian

Maybe big projects, but I think, they are worth. Each time, I am thinking twice before posting a mod request. I try to publish good ideas, not impossible ideas. Yes, I am creative and therefore come forward to you all with many ideas, but i didn't expect that this is a disadvantage in the eyes of some.

But having said this, I will give a try to that "CamBen" mod, and will see what that one can do for me. Thanks for the advise. Still, I am not going to become shy in posting new ideas I want to share with the community nor shy about my many existing ideas. I will rather try to motivate in order to enrich the Spore mod universe. :-)
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean that as like a warning or trying to degrade you or something, I just meant that modders around here aren't likely to take up requests right now because of the lack of modding activity recently, and how there are so many other mods that still haven't been finished, and other ideas that have been suggested, that most people aren't even thinking about working on anything new.

By all means keep posting, I'm sorry that my last posts came across as degrading, that wasn't the intention. I was referring more to the current state of the modding community

Sven.Littkowski
Civilian
Civilian

Oh, okay. Thanks for the correction, I feel now again much easier. :-)

Trust me, if I could create mods, I would add dozens of new mods for the community. I am very active and have all these ideas. Just not the knowledge how to create mods, thus I cannot do anything. Don't like it by myself.

Can you give me a URL for the download? Didn't find that mod yet ("cloth paint").
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

Well, one day in future, I hope for tutorials that can guide people like you and me into modding. I hardly know anything about Spore modding, but I do love the stuff the modders come up with!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sven.Littkowski wrote:Trust me, if I could create mods, I would add dozens of new mods for the community. I am very active and have all these ideas. Just not the knowledge how to create mods, thus I cannot do anything. Don't like it by myself.
MarioBabyLuigi wrote:Well, one day in future, I hope for tutorials that can guide people like you and me into modding. I hardly know anything about Spore modding, but I do love the stuff the modders come up with!
The greater irony here is that this is exactly the problem - users who want to make the jump, but aren't quite sure how to do so. I've been attempting to write some tutorials of the sort, but chances are they'll be rendered uselessly obsolete by SporeModder :lol: (Doesn't mean I;m not going to write them ._. )

Um, chances are, it'd probably be better for both of you to make the jump from user to developer now, while things are simple and standards are low. If there's one piece of advice I can give you that will probably do you more good than any tutorial, it's that the best way to learn is to unpack the game's files, or even just an existing mod, and...start messing around. You don't need to understand the fundamentals of programming, all you need is a bit of time, persistence, and instinct (which can be acquired, ofc, that's where the "instinct" metaphor breaks down). The best way to learn is to teach yourself. That's how I learned to mod Spore :U

I'm not trying to say "you don't need tutorials", quite the opposite, I'm just saying that modding Spore is less about knowing how to do, and more about being able to figure out how to learn.

Sven.Littkowski
Civilian
Civilian

Yes, that sounds correct. So it is waiting now for me. :-)
Sven.Littkowski
Civilian
Civilian

By the way, that CamBen Color Pack seems not to work for me. No changes I can see. Any idea?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Sven.Littkowski wrote:By the way, that CamBen Color Pack seems not to work for me. No changes I can see. Any idea?
Wat

It doesn't change anything. It just adds 2 new categories, full of coloured parts. Admittedly those categories fit in somewhat awkwardly among the Dark Injection categories...

Sven.Littkowski
Civilian
Civilian

Thanks. I didn't see these two new categories. Will run Spore again tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and help. :-)
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

rob55rod wrote: The greater irony here is that this is exactly the problem - users who want to make the jump, but aren't quite sure how to do so. I've been attempting to write some tutorials of the sort, but chances are they'll be rendered uselessly obsolete by SporeModder :lol: (Doesn't mean I;m not going to write them ._. )

Um, chances are, it'd probably be better for both of you to make the jump from user to developer now, while things are simple and standards are low. If there's one piece of advice I can give you that will probably do you more good than any tutorial, it's that the best way to learn is to unpack the game's files, or even just an existing mod, and...start messing around. You don't need to understand the fundamentals of programming, all you need is a bit of time, persistence, and instinct (which can be acquired, ofc, that's where the "instinct" metaphor breaks down). The best way to learn is to teach yourself. That's how I learned to mod Spore :U

I'm not trying to say "you don't need tutorials", quite the opposite, I'm just saying that modding Spore is less about knowing how to do, and more about being able to figure out how to learn.
*late post*

Well, I want to go into game files while knowing what the hell I'm doing. I don't like doing things I have no clue what's going on because I might seriously mess up. I suppose that's the reason for backups. :lol:

Again, I'm not 100% sure where to even start. It's all overwhelming for me.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

MarioBabyLuigi wrote:
rob55rod wrote: The greater irony here is that this is exactly the problem - users who want to make the jump, but aren't quite sure how to do so. I've been attempting to write some tutorials of the sort, but chances are they'll be rendered uselessly obsolete by SporeModder :lol: (Doesn't mean I;m not going to write them ._. )

*late post*

Well, I want to go into game files while knowing what the hell I'm doing. I don't like doing things I have no clue what's going on because I might seriously mess up. I suppose that's the reason for backups. :lol:

Again, I'm not 100% sure where to even start. It's all overwhelming for me.
I started by simply unpacking DI. You'd probably be better off to go with a simpler mod, though, since DI was a lot less extravagant back then. Just keep in mind, Spore is a very tolerant game, and will typically reject anything that wouldn't work. There isn't really much you can do to mess it up :lol:

But yeah, backups are a good idea, and remember, never overwrite Core Game packages!! :U

Just an FYI, I am trying to be a bit vague, simply because if I spoonfeed you all the answers, you'll never learn how to do stuff on your own, and thus you'd be screwed if I were to vanish or something :Y
(That having been said, there is also the aspect that I am a horrible teacher... :/ )

MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Ha ha, don't worry about spoonfeeding or not. I've done modding before, so I just need to know how to unpack, read, edit, and repack .packages; I assume there's already a program out there that does this, right? The programs provided to dump .package into readable format by an existing Spore tool work (I forget), even though they're very old, correct? I think I've actually gotten stuck at one step, but it's been a while since I've attempted to unpack them.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

MarioBabyLuigi wrote:Ha ha, don't worry about spoonfeeding or not. I've done modding before, so I just need to know how to unpack, read, edit, and repack .packages; I assume there's already a program out there that does this, right? The programs provided to dump .package into readable format by an existing Spore tool work (I forget), even though they're very old, correct? I think I've actually gotten stuck at one step, but it's been a while since I've attempted to unpack them.
Oh, alright :lol:

Just use SporeMaster 2.0, it does all those things. But NEVER load Core Game packages using the "mod" tab! You have to use the "spore packages" tab :V

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

rob55rod wrote:
MarioBabyLuigi wrote:Ha ha, don't worry about spoonfeeding or not. I've done modding before, so I just need to know how to unpack, read, edit, and repack .packages; I assume there's already a program out there that does this, right? The programs provided to dump .package into readable format by an existing Spore tool work (I forget), even though they're very old, correct? I think I've actually gotten stuck at one step, but it's been a while since I've attempted to unpack them.

Just use SporeMaster 2.0, it does all those things. But NEVER load Core Game packages using the "mod" tab! You have to use the "spore packages" tab :V
Wuht but that's how I have always modded spore

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Wuht but that's how I have always modded spore
o

Well doing so makes it easy to accidentally overwrite the core game packages. And for some reason I couldn't seem to articulate that into a sentence :T

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”