Galactic Adventures slot increase

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: While the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Dinoman193a
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Galactic Adventures slot increase

Unread postby Dinoman193a » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:05 pm

In Spore Galactic Adventures, while in the adventure editor, you can only have about 60 slots available for creatures, vehicles, buildings, etc. I wonder if its possible to make the number unlimited?

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3736
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Galactic Adventures slot increase

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:00 am

Dinoman193a wrote:In Spore Galactic Adventures, while in the adventure editor, you can only have about 60 slots available for creatures, vehicles, buildings, etc. I wonder if its possible to make the number unlimited?

Unlimited? Probably not. Ridiculously large? Maybe. However, even if the number of slots was vastly increased, I'm not certain that it would function or save correctly, as the format can only store a certain amount information...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
MarioBabyLuigi
First Class
First Class
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Galactic Adventures slot increase

Unread postby MarioBabyLuigi » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Oh, I didn't think I meant "unlimited", but I did meant "more than 6 pages". If only a certain amount, even a slight increase can work?

Dinoman193a
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Re: Galactic Adventures slot increase

Unread postby Dinoman193a » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:35 pm

I was thinking maybe about 15-20 slots instead of 6, just so you could have more diversity in creatures, vehicles, buildings, etc.

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3736
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Galactic Adventures slot increase

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:02 am

Dinoman193a wrote:I was thinking maybe about 15-20 slots instead of 6, just so you could have more diversity in creatures, vehicles, buildings, etc.

Hmm...that _might_ work. I'll take a look when I have a chance...and even if I can't figure it out, I think I know someone who would fare better...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
MarioBabyLuigi
First Class
First Class
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Galactic Adventures slot increase

Unread postby MarioBabyLuigi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:51 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Dinoman193a wrote:I was thinking maybe about 15-20 slots instead of 6, just so you could have more diversity in creatures, vehicles, buildings, etc.

Hmm...that _might_ work. I'll take a look when I have a chance...and even if I can't figure it out, I think I know someone who would fare better...

Yeah, I was just wanting to expand the slot limit, that's all. Again, I'm sure a lot of editors ran into the 6-page limit, so, as I said, as long as there is any feasible way to increase slot or page limit, that would be awesome.

Although I don't use acts and that stuff in GA, perhaps we can extend the amount of acts (and therefore extending the amount of objectives and times creatures can change behavior per objective) too?

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Galactic Adventures slot increase

Unread postby eme12 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:13 pm

MarioBabyLuigi wrote:Yeah, I was just wanting to expand the slot limit, that's all. Again, I'm sure a lot of editors ran into the 6-page limit, so, as I said, as long as there is any feasible way to increase slot or page limit, that would be awesome.

Although I don't use acts and that stuff in GA, perhaps we can extend the amount of acts (and therefore extending the amount of objectives and times creatures can change behavior per objective) too?

I would love to be able to have more than 8 acts. Hopefully that is possible.
Image

User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army
Posts: 3736
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.

Re: Galactic Adventures slot increase

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:47 am

UndeadGaming606 wrote:
MarioBabyLuigi wrote:Yeah, I was just wanting to expand the slot limit, that's all. Again, I'm sure a lot of editors ran into the 6-page limit, so, as I said, as long as there is any feasible way to increase slot or page limit, that would be awesome.

Although I don't use acts and that stuff in GA, perhaps we can extend the amount of acts (and therefore extending the amount of objectives and times creatures can change behavior per objective) too?

I would love to be able to have more than 8 acts. Hopefully that is possible.

Even if it were possible, you'd have to use an external means to add, edit, and perhaps even play such adventures, due to unfixable UI constraints.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

User avatar
eme12
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Galactic Adventures slot increase

Unread postby eme12 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:58 am

That's a shame....


EDIT:
This would probably be the same situation as adding more acts, but I want to make sure. Would it be possible to add more goals per act?
Image


Return to “Mod Request”