Mod Request: No Number Planets or Stars!

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
worldofdrakan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Mod Request: No Number Planets or Stars!

Unread post by worldofdrakan »

I posted this over on Forgotten Spore about a week ago, but it doesn't seem to have any interest. My guess is that it's just not as active lately. Why not post it here?

I don't know if many people feel the same way about them, but I absolutely cannot stand planets and stars with "number" names. You know, the ones with numbers on the end. I spend a lot of my time in the space stage obsessively renaming them to get rid of the numbers. To me, there's just no rhyme or reason to them. Seriously, why does the name of my moon have a 2 randomly stuck on the end? I don't know if it's possible, but I would love to have a mod that completely prevents them from appearing.

EDIT: I apologize for posting this out of the Mod Request board. I'm new here, and I only just noticed that there was a board for that. If the thread could be moved, I'd much appreciate it.
emd
Admin
Admin

Re: Mod Request: No Number Planets or Stars!

Unread post by emd »

I think it's possible, as there is a modificable name list in your locale folder. Do you want to do it yourself?

1- Create a backup of the file [SPORE INSTALLATION FOLDER]\Data\Locale\[YOUR LANGUAGE]\NameGeneration.package. Also create a backup of your %appdata%\SPORE folder (your game saves)
2- Download SporeMaster and open it.
3- Go to the Mod tab and click open.
4- Select the file [SPORE INSTALLATION FOLDER]\Data\Locale\[YOUR LANGUAGE]\NameGeneration.package
5- Click unpack and wait.
6- Now go to the Files tab, and in the search bar put a planet name.
7- Select the file that will appear, and edit what you wanna edit.
8- Go to Mod tab another time and click pack.

If you have some error, restore the NameGeneration backup we made. If the error is still there, restore the SPORE backup.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Yay, a mod request that's been answered with DIY instructions!

OFFTOPIC: Hmm...

I always liked those planets and stars. I named most of my save files something like that. In fact, I used to have a save planet with the number 9001 tacked on the end. I can no longer do so, because I can't actually play Spore anymore, I'm cut off from the Stages. All 5 of them.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
worldofdrakan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by worldofdrakan »

I don't know if it'd be a good idea for me to try and make the mod myself. I have literally no experience with actually creating mods. I'd probably mess up in some way or another.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

worldofdrakan wrote:I don't know if it'd be a good idea for me to try and make the mod myself. I have literally no experience with actually creating mods. I'd probably mess up in some way or another.
Reasons why you should anyways:
1. There's only one (remotely decent) way to learn!
2. That's why Emd said to make a backup first.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

rob55rod wrote:
worldofdrakan wrote:I don't know if it'd be a good idea for me to try and make the mod myself. I have literally no experience with actually creating mods. I'd probably mess up in some way or another.
Reasons why you should anyways:
1. There's only one (remotely decent) way to learn!
2. That's why Emd said to make a backup first.
Did you make a back up?

Return to “Mod Ideas”