Bioluminescence Mod Request-ish Thing

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: We can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone's bound to pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue.
Additionally, be aware that we can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Recruit

Recruit

Rhagestoma

Bioluminescence Mod Request-ish Thing

Unread post #1 by Rhagestoma » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:02 pm

This is something of a Mod Request, but something of a Mod Modification Request. Camben's Color Pack is amazing, for sure, but I'd like it to have bioluminescence involved. Bioluminescence would have two types: point (which produces a constant bioluminescent spot) & pulsing (which would pulse in a similar fashion to the Camping Torch or Plasma Lathe), of course in the various colors that we have in the mod.
Could it be done?

Sergeant

Sergeant

Peenut2k7
Zodiac: Pisces

Re: Bioluminescence Mod Request-ish Thing

Unread post #2 by Peenut2k7 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:47 pm

I'm up for this idea.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #3 by rob55rod » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:59 am

*cries* WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?! STUPID LIMITATIONS OF SPOREMASTER, WHYYY MUST YOU CRUSH THE VERY BEST OF IDEAS LIKE THIS ONE!?!?!?!?!

...anyways, that would require Emmisive textures, which Spore does not support, BUT if Darkspore's skin glows are sufficient, just know that they are being investigated. FOR ONCE, THERE'S GOOD NEWS YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...sorry.

Sergeant

Sergeant

Peenut2k7
Zodiac: Pisces

Unread post #4 by Peenut2k7 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:12 pm

Actually, if this is eventually made into a mod, I have only one extra need for it.
Darker nights. They would CERTAINLY give bio-lit creatures some significance. And wait... why can't we just put some vehicle light parts in the creature editor? Or is it more complicated than that?

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #5 by rob55rod » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:24 am

Peenut2k7 wrote:Actually, if this is eventually made into a mod, I have only one extra need for it.
Darker nights. They would CERTAINLY give bio-lit creatures some significance. And wait... why can't we just put some vehicle light parts in the creature editor? Or is it more complicated than that?

If you're talking about the effects attached to those vehicle parts, Dark Injection did that. Problem is, those effects don't illuminate the terrain or anything around them, not even other parts of the creature, so parts with those efects would make creatures with them easy to see at night and nothing else. Also, I agree that night is too bright in Adventures.

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]

Unread post #6 by Emd4600 [ASR] » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:35 am

Darker nights can be made, but those effects doesn't light you, so you won't see anything xD (see that my captain has some parts with lighting effects and you can't see anything though)
http://i.imgur.com/uWHzuN5.jpg

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #7 by rob55rod » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:04 am

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Darker nights can be made, but those effects doesn't light you, so you won't see anything xD (see that my captain has some parts with lighting effects and you can't see anything though)
http://i.imgur.com/uWHzuN5.jpg

If there is a way to add illumination to parts or creatures, that level of Darkness would be PERFECT for a creepy adventure. Wait...I remember seeing an image somewhere depicting adventure props that illuminated the terrain around them...

...I think it was on Sporepedia2...

Recruit

Recruit

marrow30

Unread post #8 by marrow30 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Going back to the funding of Darkspore remnants! with Darkspore code, this would be easy to make!
PRIMAVORES 4 EVER!!!! :twisted:

Return to “Mod Request”