Grox Archetype

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: We can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone's bound to pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue.
Additionally, be aware that we can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

grandrice

Grox Archetype

Unread postby grandrice » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:29 pm

First: I don't just want the voice, I want the whole 'unknown Grox archetype' and I'll give them their own special ability.
To obtain their archetype, you must ally with them, and then do their archetype mission
their mission will involve you completely destroying a certain amount of empires (I left out a specific number because I'm not sure how much would be balanced.0 After you complete it, you gain their archetype. They have a special ability in the weapons tab. It takes over the entire empire, and has a two-hour recharge. There will also be a setconsequencetrait cheat for it, where you type in setconsequencetrait space_groxiopath to get it. If you change archtypes from the grox, you will get -10 for 'insulting our ways.'
Having this trait also allows you to revisit the galactic core as much as you want.
Let me know what you guys think.
Last edited by grandrice on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221

Sergeant

Sergeant

TheCluckingDuck

Re: Grox Archetype

Unread postby TheCluckingDuck » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:34 pm

"space_groxiopath"

I think I'll like this.
sandwich kingdom

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]

Unread postby Emd4600 [ASR] » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:03 am

Maybe it's possible, except the new cheat thing.

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

grandrice

Unread postby grandrice » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:53 pm

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Maybe it's possible, except the new cheat thing.

Why wouldn't the cheat be possible?
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]

Unread postby Emd4600 [ASR] » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:30 am

Because we can't modify or add new cheats xD

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

grandrice

Unread postby grandrice » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Because we can't modify or add new cheats xD

In all seriousness, what about the rest of the stuff.

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]

Unread postby Emd4600 [ASR] » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:02 am

Mmm, maybe. I never tested the Grox Archetype mod so I don't really know what it does. I think we can add new misions, but I never tried it. Anyway, I'm not so sure about if we can make these misions change to the Grox archetype.
But, well, search what you want to duplicate and try it.

Sergeant

Sergeant

TheCluckingDuck

Unread postby TheCluckingDuck » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Mmm, maybe. I never tested the Grox Archetype mod so I don't really know what it does. I think we can add new misions, but I never tried it. Anyway, I'm not so sure about if we can make these misions change to the Grox archetype.

The Grox Archetype only makes your empire's voice that of the Grox. Very boring if you stay with it for long.
sandwich kingdom

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

grandrice

Unread postby grandrice » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:15 pm

TheCluckingDuck wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Mmm, maybe. I never tested the Grox Archetype mod so I don't really know what it does. I think we can add new misions, but I never tried it. Anyway, I'm not so sure about if we can make these missions change to the Grox archetype.

The Grox Archetype only makes your empire's voice that of the Grox. Very boring if you stay with it for long.

Exactly, that's why I want this mod

Sergeant

Sergeant

TheCluckingDuck

Unread postby TheCluckingDuck » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:05 pm

grandrice wrote:
TheCluckingDuck wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Mmm, maybe. I never tested the Grox Archetype mod so I don't really know what it does. I think we can add new misions, but I never tried it. Anyway, I'm not so sure about if we can make these missions change to the Grox archetype.

Exactly, that's why I want this mod

So you're going to say you want the "whole archetype" yet only care about the voice modification?

gojirareally.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sandwich kingdom

Tech Support

Tech Support

CamBen

Unread postby CamBen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:36 pm

*facepalm* no, the reason he wants THIS mod is BECAUSE other grox mods only add in the background and voice. This one would add in more.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

grandrice

Unread postby grandrice » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:49 am

Camßεn wrote:*facepalm* no, the reason he wants THIS mod is BECAUSE other grox mods only add in the background and voice. This one would add in more.

I face palmed also

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

grandrice

Unread postby grandrice » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Is this possible? I heard making new cheats isn't, but maybe we can edit an old one?

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:42 am

grandrice wrote:Is this possible? I heard making new cheats isn't, but maybe we can edit an old one?

99% no

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

grandrice

Unread postby grandrice » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:30 am

rob55rod wrote:
grandrice wrote:Is this possible? I heard making new cheats isn't, but maybe we can edit an old one?

99% no

Not even if we edit base files? Like, physically change Spore's code?

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:28 am

grandrice wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

99% no

Not even if we edit base files? Like, physically change Spore's code?

Well, if you did that, you could do anything, but assembler isn't easy, and the game can't really be decompiled back into regular C++ :/

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

communistspore

Unread postby communistspore » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:59 pm

well actually there is a way to add new cheats but i saw it in another mod called space create i have it to when you type in the cheat it gives you all space items so yes you actually can make cheats

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:41 am

communistspore wrote:well actually there is a way to add new cheats but i saw it in another mod called space create i have it to when you type in the cheat it gives you all space items so yes you actually can make cheats

That's not creating a cheat, that's alttering a cheat which is already in the game. Also you're replying to a thread which was last posted on 3 years ago to correct a statement which was correct at the time. That wouldn't be an issue IMO if not for the fact that it appears you're only correct by coincidence. New cheats are posssible thanks to the ModAPI, but what you described is just a modification to a list used by a vanilla cheat, and thus not an example of your point.

Thank you nonetheless, though.

Recruit

Recruit

soviet grox

Unread postby soviet grox » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:01 pm

if there is already a mod that lets you have the grox voice can some one let me know please ;-;

Return to “Mod Request”