Hut or Cake Editor? + Some mod Ideas and Discussion

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Gamstrodon
Cell
Cell

Hut or Cake Editor? + Some mod Ideas and Discussion

Unread post by Gamstrodon »

I know there is probably at least one other thread about this, but i don't want to revive any old threads. Anyways, I was wondering if it would be possible to salvage and/or possibly fix up either the Hut Editor or Mysterious Cake Editor to be something working? If it is impossible to fix them the way the Flora Editor was fixed somewhat, perhaps a new biulding editor for huts is in order? Forgive me if this has been discussed before and is noted as impossible already, I am new here and this is my first post.
Last edited by Gamstrodon on Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanthoria
Creature
Creature

Re: Hut or Cake Editor?

Unread post by Zanthoria »

Dreamers can't be Beggars.
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

There really isn't much of the cake editor left, just scraps of the building editor (the cake is a lie) and all traces of the hut editor are gone :(
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Gamstrodon
Cell
Cell

Oh, really? Shame...I thought modders could resurrect these two editors....ah well. The only other things I would like to see that I think are possible is a City Stage and/or Willosaur parts (as in a separate mouth, a separate hand, eyes, etc.).
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Gamstrodon wrote:Oh, really? Shame...I thought modders could resurrect these two editors....ah well. The only other things I would like to see that I think are possible is a City Stage and/or Willosaur parts (as in a separate mouth, a separate hand, eyes, etc.).
New stages are pretty nebulous subjects as of now. Vexx32 on sporebase and I were attempting to find any possible way to duplicate a stage completely, but to no avail. As for willosaur parts, it can be done, but because they don't animate and don't texture well in the game, many modders have lost interest in custom parts.

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Spore Resurrection includes three Willosaur parts (mouth, horns and eyes). They texture well in the game but they aren't animated. And they haven't the best texture xD
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Spore Resurrection includes three Willosaur parts (mouth, horns and eyes). They texture well in the game but they aren't animated. And they haven't the best texture xD
Awesome, spore ressurection might end up being one of those mods that forces me to start up spore again just to try it out, even after such a long break of no-spore for me.

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Camßεn wrote:
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:Spore Resurrection includes three Willosaur parts (mouth, horns and eyes). They texture well in the game but they aren't animated. And they haven't the best texture xD
Awesome, spore ressurection might end up being one of those mods that forces me to start up spore again just to try it out, even after such a long break of no-spore for me.
Really? Most of the S2 users says that SR is "stuff" xD
If you are interested, you can download it here: http://www.sporepedia2.com/t12374-spore-resurrection
But right now the project is abandoned.
We took the Willosaur parts from a model found in GonzagoGL. It was the model of the aquatic Willosaur but we didn't take the fins.

Anyway, "soon" I'll made a tutorial on how to make custom parts for Spore, with better results than Spore Resurrection.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
Gamstrodon
Cell
Cell

Cool :) Anyways, I had some other ideas for mods for Civilization and Tribal stages, two stages I thought had potential and were somewhat fun, but were lacking.

First: is it possible for a mod to be made for Civ Stage so you can build UFOs while in Civ Stage, as demonstrated at the 2005 GDC?

Second: is it possible for there to be a mod for more cities on the planet in Civ Stage?

Third: is it possible for there to be a mod for more tribes in tribal stage?

Fourth: is it possible for there to be a mod for more diplomacy options in tribal stage, or for two tribes to go to war with each other and not just you?

Fifth and finally: is it possible for there to be a mod for tribal stage in which you can have more of the same hut (e.g., two Spear Huts, so I can make my village seem bigger, or for there to be a mod where there is a hut that is a wall so i can place walls?)

I know this may sound like a lot, but I honestly think it would improve these stages alot :P . If any of these mods or mods like them exist, please link me to them. BTW, I would love to learn how to attempt this myself, but I am already working on four modding projects for three different games, three of which I started myself, two of which I am working on alone, one of which bugs alot. Thanks in advance for anyone that attempts this or replies (granted it is in a polite way)
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

The gameplay in Spore Resurrection is very simple, more than BetterSpore/Platinum/ForgottenSpore/etc. And the project is abandoned.
I'll start a tutorial series "soon". Anyway, Spore modding is a bit different of other games modding. I think modding on Spore isn't hard or not, you only have to see if a thing it's posible or not.
1. Maybe
2. Maybe (but Cell stage and Civilization stage are the less modificable stages)
3. Maybe
4. I don't think so
5. I thought we can made this in normal Spore
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
Gamstrodon
Cell
Cell

You actually can't place more than one of the same hut in regular spore. I have Spore and Spore GA, and I can only place one of each hut. It would be nice to have some of the mods i listed up there. To be honest, I felt it was quite deceiving of them to put the UFO in the types of vehicles list in Civ stage, because when I first did Civ Stage, I thought it would be epic to build one, but then I found out I couldn't :|
Zanthoria
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Zanthoria »

You could make a second air plain slot then make it look like a UFO.
Gamstrodon
Cell
Cell

While that would work somewhat, I suppose, if a modder did that, it still wouldn't have the capabilities demonstrated in the 2005 GDC Demonstration where you could use it to go around your own solar system. Still, it could be added that way as a superweapon, theoretically.
emd
Admin
Admin

Re: Hut or Cake Editor? + Some mod Ideas and Discussion

Unread post by emd »

Oh, you're right. I didn't remember it xD
We can add new slots to the Vehicle category in the City planner. I don't know if putting a UFO will work, but probably putting an aeroplane will work. But any way, if we can generate UFOs in Civ Stage they will be like the other vehicles, because you control all your empire, not an unique vehicle.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
Gamstrodon
Cell
Cell

So......is anyone willing to make one of these?
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Maybe I include them in my gameplay mod. But anyway, now that I have SporeMaster here, I think the fourth and the fifth can't be made. I searched the second and the third a few weeks ago and I didn't get anything. Modding Civilization stage really sucks, we only can modify a few things. We can change a lot of things of tribe stage, but most of them are in hash (#A4FA68B1, for example) so we can't know where exactly start.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
Gamstrodon
Cell
Cell

Is there any mod that adds invisible legs along with invisible base feet? This would make it a lot easier for me to make swimming creatures, imo. :)
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Dark injection

grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by grandrice »

Let me know if any of these are possible, and if a modder out there is willing to take them up (Sorry if you think this is off topic, I think this is a general discussion of requests, let me know if I'm wrong)
1. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2632&p=15487#p15487
2. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5240&p=20458#p20458
3. A mirror download link for simple weapons, because tho original one is broken: http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.php?topic=3564.0
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
Gamstrodon
Cell
Cell

Yes this is a thread for general mod idea discussion :) I like the idea for new weapons if it is possible.

Return to “Mod Ideas”