force loading over complex creatures

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: While the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Zer0megaXX
Recruit
Recruit

force loading over complex creatures

Unread postby Zer0megaXX » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:27 pm

New around here, anyways I have been looking for a mod so I can play as some of the creatures I made with Dark Injection, but all of them have gone over the complexity limit, so when I try to load them, the game crashes. I know this is possible since I have seen proof of it from better spore. I dont want anything crazy just to be able to play as overly complex creatures in creature stage and upward.

(sorry if there is another topic like this I looked and couldn't find any or if this is in the wrong section, since I didnt really know where to put this.)

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: force loading over complex creatures

Unread postby Davo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:12 pm

if you press CTRL + SHIFT + C the cheat menu comes up.

type in EVOADVANTAGE and you can load up the game with any creature.

no mod needed

Zer0megaXX
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Zer0megaXX » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Sad thing is I have tried that and it still crashes, its not due to missing parts its due to the amount of parts i have on the creature I have spore patch 5, and GA installed, and other than that just your DI mod installed. It crashes after the loading screen exactly when the cut scene/world would appear.

(edit: I'm half thinking this is a glitch or something abnormal after reading your post again)

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread postby Davo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:58 pm

im not sure what your computer can handle. but i have loaded some pretty complex creatures. does it crash or does it just say not responding...?

Orcuszilla
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Orcuszilla » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:27 am

If too much parts is added, creature will be unable to play animations and you can notice it by clicking somewhere not on the creature. If it isn`t moving for 10 seconds, remove something until it will start to respond or will move. Don`t use Test/Paint mode or load this creature into world if you saved it.
Slenderwave is watching you. Escape is NOT possible. Silence and terror...he is watching you even NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooow...
Actually, i am BaganSmashBros.

Zer0megaXX
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Zer0megaXX » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:29 am

It stops responding, but the creature still has animation I will attach it later (currently at a place with horrible connection). Also I did some more looking into this, its whenever I go even one part over max limit (without freedom).

(edit: I dont know if this will help but ive tried this on 2 computers my labtop which has an intel core i3 2357m with a nVidia 540m and 4gb ram, while my desktop has a AMD FX 6100, with a radeon hd 7770 and 4gb ram.)

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread postby Davo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:15 pm

how long have you waited? sometimes when i try to save or load advanced creations, it takes a minute or 2.
i have a pretty decent computer for spore...

Zer0megaXX
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Zer0megaXX » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Usually about 5 minutes or so ill try again and see.

(edit: now its just flat out crashing to desktop with the "sporeapp.exe has stopped responding" forcing me to close it)

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread postby Davo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:32 am

hmm, are you using more mods?

Zer0megaXX
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby Zer0megaXX » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:32 am

No thats the only mod I have

GA data folder :
Ga Data folder.png
GA data folder I erased the network in the side bar
spore data folder.png
spore data folder
(Edit: I have tried the beta version of dark injection, and it will still do the same thing.)

(Forgot to mention I am using a physical disc for base spore and Origin for GA (yes i know origin sucks, but i got it for like 2 bucks on sale off origin) so any idea if that is the problem?)

Return to “Mod Request”