Enter gas giant

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: We can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone's bound to pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue.
Additionally, be aware that we can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

cubicApocalypse

Enter gas giant

Unread post #1 by cubicApocalypse » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:44 pm

Instead of the "gas giants are too dangerous" message, it would be awesome to be able to enter and terraform them. Colonies could be placed, but they would drift around on floating platforms instead of sitting on the ground. There would be "terrain", but it's invisible (or possibly textured with animated/particle clouds?), perfectly flat, and can't be edited. Gas giants have white spice; this appears as vortices rather than geysers. By default, all gas giants are T0 or T1; thunder/firestorms are 5x more common than on normal worlds. Terraforming is possible; the lack of any surface means plants and creatures can't survive and stabilize the T-Score. There is no ecosystem, so the colonies are limited to a city hall and a few buildings.

The Boss
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Enter gas giant

Unread post #2 by Davo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:41 pm

i just dont think it is possible...
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

Tech Support

Tech Support

CamBen
Zodiac: Cancer

Unread post #3 by CamBen » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:47 am

Yea, its most likely not possible. The gas giants are like the sun, just models there for the aesthetic appeal.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange community. Check me out on YouTube

First Sergeant

First Sergeant

HACKER80
Location: I think my hous.....................................

Unread post #4 by HACKER80 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:28 pm

Sorry man it's just impossible :/
Modding makes spore almost always better on every way :D
My Spore name is kassa80!!!

Return to “Mod Request”