Extending the Unlimited Complexity Mod:

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: We can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone's bound to pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue.
Additionally, be aware that we can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Recruit

Recruit

DoomGuy

Extending the Unlimited Complexity Mod:

Unread postby DoomGuy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:07 pm

I'm a huge fan of the unlimited complexity mod for Spore, but once you get past the creature stage it becomes something of a hindrance because editors beyond the creature stage retain their complexity meters. Last creature I made, couldn't add anything to it because it was already past the complexity limit; couldn't even save it without adding anything. So, I would like to request an extension to the unlimited complexity mod that encompasses the tribal stage, civilization stage (including vehicle and building editors), and the space stage (including space ship editor). If this is possible, it would be even more awesome than the already awesome unlimited complexity mod.

EDIT: And of course, your captain in Galactic Adventures. Careless of me to forget that.

EDIT MK. II: And somehow I managed to flub the name of the mod itself I'm referring to. Twice careless of me. I blame the sleep deprivation.
This is a signature, and also a self referential statement.

The Boss

Re: Extending the Unlimited Complexity Mod:

Unread postby Davo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:12 pm

working on this now.
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

The Boss

Unread postby Davo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:31 pm

can you test the editors for me?

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2434&p=7319

Recruit

Recruit

DoomGuy

Unread postby DoomGuy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Woah. You work... Fast.

That said, I just installed the updated version and tried out the tribal editor, as well as the captain editor. Neither appear to have had their complexity meters disabled.

The Boss

Unread postby Davo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:48 pm

i look tonight. any other mistakes?

Recruit

Recruit

DoomGuy

Unread postby DoomGuy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Oddly enough, the creature editor now has its complexity meter back, which makes me wonder if I installed the mod correctly. Just to be doubly sure, it goes both in Spore's data folder, and Galactic Adventures' data folder, right?

EDIT: Asking in case I missed anything in the guide. Don't think I did, but as the mod's apparently not working, I have to ask.

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

grandrice

Unread postby grandrice » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:08 pm

It dosen't go in both, just the GA folder
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221

Recruit

Recruit

DoomGuy

Unread postby DoomGuy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Hmm, tried removing it from the spore data folder, but it didn't make any difference.

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

SevenStrikes

Unread postby SevenStrikes » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:42 am

Thread necro here...

Any chances you updated a version to work beyond creature stage?

Like the other person I used your mod to make an awesome creation but cannot use it in tribal, etc.

Nudin

Unread postby Nudin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:14 am

Huge fan of Spore and recently started playing it again. Got the above mod to work however I have been scouting the web to try find a mod that can remove the complexity from Outfitters as well. Saw this thread come up and even though it is from a while ago, was still wondering if anything could be done to create a Mod that allows unlimited complexity in all editors. I know you can get Dark Injections and use there method of pretty much removing the outfitters completely, but I want to know if a mod can be created, like the above one, that works solely on editors and makes them limitless in terms of complexity. Thanks for the help.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:51 am

Nudin wrote:Huge fan of Spore and recently started playing it again. Got the above mod to work however I have been scouting the web to try find a mod that can remove the complexity from Outfitters as well. Saw this thread come up and even though it is from a while ago, was still wondering if anything could be done to create a Mod that allows unlimited complexity in all editors. I know you can get Dark Injections and use there method of pretty much removing the outfitters completely, but I want to know if a mod can be created, like the above one, that works solely on editors and makes them limitless in terms of complexity. Thanks for the help.

Dark Injection is the mod you're after. Just disable the other features you don't want.

Nudin

Unread postby Nudin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:42 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Nudin wrote:Huge fan of Spore and recently started playing it again. Got the above mod to work however I have been scouting the web to try find a mod that can remove the complexity from Outfitters as well. Saw this thread come up and even though it is from a while ago, was still wondering if anything could be done to create a Mod that allows unlimited complexity in all editors. I know you can get Dark Injections and use there method of pretty much removing the outfitters completely, but I want to know if a mod can be created, like the above one, that works solely on editors and makes them limitless in terms of complexity. Thanks for the help.

Dark Injection is the mod you're after. Just disable the other features you don't want.

It worked! Thank you so much. May the gods bless your kind heart!!!

Return to “Mod Request”