Creatures instead of Plants?

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: While the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Dzekin_
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Creatures instead of Plants?

Unread postby Dzekin_ » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:44 am

Hey guys, so I was thinking... you probably know this living statue glitch that many of us use in GA? Yeah, the one, where you camouflage gate in to building, but then you go to change it in the editor and thru it you can go to edit creatures etc.

If this works because of the way that you can see Sporepedia in any editor, then maybe if you could go in to flora editor, when choosing the plant, you should theoretically be able to use the same glitch? The only problem is, that you can't go and edit plants...
Is there possibly a way to force game to allow us to go edit plants to do this glitch?

Also, would there be a way to make this glitch occur in the game thru mod?
For instance, creatures, even buildings with tag "flora","small"/"medium"/"big" could be rendered as possibilities to populate with? something similar to how "gaprop" stops certain creations from being randomly generated on planet as animals/plants and in cities as buildings/vehicles.

What do you think about it?

p.s About the fruits on fruit plants... Uh... didn't think this part thru... maybe fruits would grow there, where the creature plant has hands? Or could theoretically just add a fruit as a creature part??... I dunno

VanillaCold
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Creatures instead of Plants?

Unread postby VanillaCold » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:37 am

You can already do that if you have Branching Evolution installed. Just double-click the flora instead of pressing the Edit button.
Creator of Solar Spore, Adventure Water and Spaceplanes.

My main account broke a while ago, so I created this alt.

Return to “Mod Request”