Realistic Creature Stage AI?

Post your mod requests/ideas here, not in with the actual mods.
NOTE: We can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone's bound to pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue.
Additionally, be aware that we can't add "new" functionality, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we probably can't do it either. That's a bit of an overgeneralization, but still a valid rule of thumb...
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

NathanielRD

Realistic Creature Stage AI?

Unread post #1 by NathanielRD » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:10 pm

So I am new here, some of you may know me from the Sporum, I am not here to introduce myself, I just have an idea for a mod.

So I was just thinking, a lot of people called the earlier version of the creature stage "more realistic" because of the wandering hoppers that would roam around the planet. And I heard that this type of AI was never really removed, and still exists in things like rogues, migrating creatures, and epics. I feel like if we can just put that AI into like groups of creature that are just big enough to extinct/ally, then that would make the creature stage a whole lot more realistic.

I mean, then there comes the issue of eggs, and I have a few ideas for it. One is that you can simply remove them and have them spawn off-screen at a certain distance. Another idea is that they lay the egg on the ground and surround it until it hatches. A slight variation of this is that they hatch the egg on the ground and just leave it there, kind of like the the cell stage. The last one is kind of similar to the second one, you can have them set up a small temporary nest (You can use the animation from the migration scene) and have them guard the nest until the egg hatches.

I have more ideas for a more realistic creature stage but this is just really my first big one.

Recruit

Recruit

Disgustedorite
Zodiac: Gemini

Re: Realistic Creature Stage AI?

Unread post #2 by Disgustedorite » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:42 am

I like the idea. Leaving eggs behind would also allow for multiple packs to form--which would mean more would have to be killed to drive them to extinction, but heck, deer didn't go extinct when wolves killed a lot more than three of them, so it would probably present more realistic food resources for carnivores.

Return to “Mod Request”