Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 2.0.6)

The latest beta release of the much-anticipated 9.r update can be found here. I'll be posting updates here, so keep checking in!
Sergeant

Sergeant

eme12
User avatar
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #81 by eme12 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:26 pm

rob55rod wrote:
eme12 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:And to think you were once someone who supported me, and that I once valued that...

that is pretty harsh

Good. Maybe he'll keep his mouth shut now when it comes to comparing my sense of time to Valve's.

rude
brb reporting to admin
rob55rod please ban this hooligan


Image

The Boss
Location: NOLA
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Cancer
Age: 32
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #82 by Davo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:52 pm

eme12 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
eme12 wrote:that is pretty harsh

Good. Maybe he'll keep his mouth shut now when it comes to comparing my sense of time to Valve's.

rude
brb reporting to admin
rob55rod please ban this hooligan



fungus may be a thorn in your side, but also a thorn that makes the site stronger. rob and fungus have been around for about the same time...
you should be thankful someone is there waiting on your mod. rude or not. fungus isnt breaking any rules.
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad


Sergeant

Sergeant

eme12
User avatar
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:26 pm
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #83 by eme12 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:51 am

Davo wrote:
eme12 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Good. Maybe he'll keep his mouth shut now when it comes to comparing my sense of time to Valve's.

rude
brb reporting to admin
rob55rod please ban this hooligan



fungus may be a thorn in your side, but also a thorn that makes the site stronger. rob and fungus have been around for about the same time...
you should be thankful someone is there waiting on your mod. rude or not. fungus isnt breaking any rules.

no fungus is my friend
i wanted rob55rod to get banned for being rude to fungus
it was like...
...a joke
i dont tend to make serious posts too often
Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2863
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #84 by rob55rod » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:57 am

Davo wrote:fungus may be a thorn in your side, but also a thorn that makes the site stronger. rob and fungus have been around for about the same time...
you should be thankful someone is there waiting on your mod. rude or not. fungus isnt breaking any rules.

I wasn't going to ban anyone.
Image

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

fungus3
User avatar
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:38 am
Location: Angle: 225.06 Distance: 7,295.43 (pc)
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Taurus
Age: 20
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #85 by fungus3 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:32 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Davo wrote:fungus may be a thorn in your side, but also a thorn that makes the site stronger. rob and fungus have been around for about the same time...
you should be thankful someone is there waiting on your mod. rude or not. fungus isnt breaking any rules.

I wasn't going to ban anyone.


Lol yeah; let's not derail this thread just because the full DI 9.r ain't releasing by the end of this month, because I expected that for "The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +", but then the release date is revealed to be in 01/03/2017!

At least "Afterbirth +" HAS a release date!

Let's hope 9.r's full release doesn't get pushed into 2017... :?

The Boss
Location: NOLA
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Cancer
Age: 32
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #86 by Davo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:57 pm

so i reinstalled spore, downloaded the latest version of DI or the open beta... and it sucked badly.

where do i start...

the interface, horrible. it is completely useless. it doesnt save space and it is all out of place.
im sure i can remove a package to fix this but that leads into another problem...

why do you need 20 packages?

the DS video was cool backk in 201x but its a huge file only slowing down the download of the mod.

if you dont mind me asking, what have you added to DI that affects creating my creature that was not there in the last version.
when i thought youd take it over, i had expected things like icon adjustments and better descriptions and what not but it looks as if you really didnt do much to making creature creation better, it just looks as if you want to turn it into DS, which it really seems good creators are going to bypass in the first place... talk to me here...
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad








The Boss
Location: NOLA
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Cancer
Age: 32
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #87 by Davo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:04 pm

on another note, when i was working on DI i left a few things i figured would be picked up on that i left off on... like the handle sizes on bigger bounds, or new skin sets, or adjusting creature parts like the building editor...


i dont know... it just seems like it went nowhere... but with ds's look
im not complaining, but just looking to know what im missing...
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad








Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2863
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #88 by rob55rod » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:58 pm

Davo wrote:on another note, when i was working on DI i left a few things i figured would be picked up on that i left off on...

:!:

Davo wrote:the handle sizes on bigger bounds,

No luck with that so far. There might be a way, though.

Davo wrote:or new skin sets

Skinpaints, you say? Oh, we have skinpaints.


Davo wrote:or adjusting creature parts like the building editor...

I figured out how to do that while working on the DarkSPORE Creature Editor, ironically. Thought I mentioned it to you. Guess not. In any case, it doesn't really work properly, so there isn't much point.

Davo wrote:i dont know... it just seems like it went nowhere... but with ds's look

You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Davo wrote:im not complaining, but just looking to know what im missing...

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
SORRY, WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL THESE FEATURES :lol:
(Note: Some of these are not present in the last public release as of writing this. Then again, I invited you into the Private Beta ring a while ago, so that probably doesn't even matter.)
Image

Corporal

Corporal

windblade
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:20 pm
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Virgo
Age: 26
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #89 by windblade » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:59 pm

i cant lie, everytime this gets a new reply i just hope is you posting the release date XD

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2863
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #90 by rob55rod » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:09 pm

windblade wrote:i cant lie, everytime this gets a new reply i just hope is you posting the release date XD

Yeah, and every time I post here I hope it'll be the last time before the release date :lol:
Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2863
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #91 by rob55rod » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:11 am

Geez, I didn't realize you'd left 2 messages here.

Davo wrote:so i reinstalled spore, downloaded the latest version of DI or the open beta...

O:

Davo wrote:and it sucked badly.

Oh god

Davo wrote:where do i start...

OH GOD

Davo wrote:the interface, horrible. it is completely useless. it doesnt save space and it is all out of place.

Actually, when it works correctly, it does save space. Vertically. And according to the feedback I've been getting, that's a big deal on 16:9 displays. As for the misalignment...that's been corrected for Beta 2. For most, that would be a brush-off (and not one I'm proud of, either), but for you, that's a cue to check your PMs :lol:

Davo wrote:im sure i can remove a package to fix this but that leads into another problem...

Yes, yes you can.

Davo wrote:why do you need 20 packages?

To allow users to choose which features and categories they want. I almost dropped the idea early in development until I started hearing people saying they wanted the choice, so I gave it to them, and for a mod with as many features as Dark Injection, it's not hard to imagine why they'd want it! (Actually I guess the fact that you're asking implies it is hard to imagine...)

Davo wrote:the DS video was cool backk in 201x but its a huge file only slowing down the download of the mod.

It's not that big. Plus it helps pull the experience together. Again, according to user feedback.

Davo wrote:if you dont mind me asking, what have you added to DI that affects creating my creature that was not there in the last version.

I don't mind you asking at all, as I have plenty of answers!
-More parts
-Fixed textures for most existing parts
-Darkspore skinpaints
-Darkspore particle effects
-The ability to use Core Spore- and Darkspore-textured variants of base game/DLC parts simultaneously
-The Invisible Frame (like an Invisible limb but as a detail part, so you can place them on one another at any point and rotate them precisely using the rotation rings to build frames for structures like wings, shields, etc.)
How does that sound?

And moving outside of just creatures, we've got a handful of Vehicle parts (more will be added over time) and a bunch Adventure objects. (Also, thanks to Emd's sheer brilliance, we have a tool to convert Darkspore PNGs to Spore PNGs for use with DI 9.r!)

Davo wrote:when i thought youd take it over, i had expected things like icon adjustments and better descriptions and what not

icon adjustments, huh?
Image

Davo wrote:but it looks as if you really didnt do much to making creature creation better, it just looks as if you want to turn it into DS

Both of those are on my to-do list. I want to improve the editors and recreate what EAxis took from us.

Davo wrote:which it really seems good creators are going to bypass in the first place... talk to me here...

Let's see...xDoomsoulx, ShadowRaptor101, TheKatsos, DarkEdgeTV...there's a few "good creators" who actually quite like 9.r.



In all seriousness, Beta 1.1 is a mess. Beta 2 is a lot better.
Image

Corporal

Corporal

windblade
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:20 pm
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Virgo
Age: 26
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #92 by windblade » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:41 am

did anyone say HYPE?

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2863
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #93 by rob55rod » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:49 pm

windblade wrote:did anyone say HYPE?

Yes, you did.
Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2863
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 2.0.6)

Unread post #94 by rob55rod » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:37 am

ALRIGHT FOLKS, :di: 9.r BETA 2 IS OUT!!
Image

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

Darhagonable
User avatar
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am
Location: somewhere in the universe
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Capricorn
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #95 by Darhagonable » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:31 pm

I don't think he will be able to fix it if you don't be more specific about what is messy...
Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2863
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #96 by rob55rod » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:38 pm

Darhagonable wrote:I don't think he will be able to fix it if you don't be more specific about what is messy...

That is correct.
Image

Corporal

Corporal

windblade
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:20 pm
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Virgo
Age: 26
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 2.0.6)

Unread post #97 by windblade » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:33 pm

OH NOES; THE HYPE TRAIN CRASHED...into the game -_-

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2863
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 2.0.6)

Unread post #98 by rob55rod » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:52 am

windblade wrote:OH NOES; THE HYPE TRAIN CRASHED...into the game -_-

What
Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 2863
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 2.0.6)

Unread post #99 by rob55rod » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:46 pm

No, he said DARKSPORE HEROES (that is, made in Darkspore itself before the servers were shut down, imported via the Darkspore Creature Converter) :lol:

Also he didn't even install the mod correctly, so I'd take anything he says with a pound of salt.
Image

Corporal

Corporal

windblade
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:20 pm
Gender: Male
Zodiac: Virgo
Age: 26
Status: Offline

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 2.0.6)

Unread post #100 by windblade » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:44 pm

HYPE TRAIN REPAIRED YAY


Return to “Dark Injection 9.r Open Beta”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest