Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 2.1.6)

The latest beta release of the much-anticipated 9.r update can be found here. I'll be posting updates here, so keep checking in!
Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Re: Current DI 9.r Beta Release (Currently 1.1)

Unread post #61 by rob55rod » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:07 pm

Howis wrote:I'm having the same problem PoisonousOrchid posted about above. Creature camera being broken makes it impossible to play through the game. Any updates since that post? (It was made almost 2 months ago).

None released, but I've been working hard to prepare a release.

It's taking a while to make it worth it.

Recruit

Recruit

Howis

Unread post #62 by Howis » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:47 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Howis wrote:I'm having the same problem PoisonousOrchid posted about above. Creature camera being broken makes it impossible to play through the game. Any updates since that post? (It was made almost 2 months ago).

None released, but I've been working hard to prepare a release.

It's taking a while to make it worth it.

Oh, that's good. I can handle waiting a bit more. By the way, really great work so far on this project! It's turning out amazing.
[Signature goes here]

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #63 by rob55rod » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:40 am

Howis wrote:Oh, that's good. I can handle waiting a bit more.

Okay good...I want 9.r (and the beta releases) to be worth downloading even over dial-up, if necessary, but I was getting a little worried that development was taking too long, so even just one person's reassurance helps alleviate that concern, atleast for now :lol:

Howis wrote:By the way, really great work so far on this project! It's turning out amazing.

Thanks Image

Sergeant

Sergeant

Static696
Zodiac: Leo

Unread post #64 by Static696 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:43 am

If you get '2012_DavoUnlimitedBoundComplexityAllEditors.packge' the broken camera is fixed, well for me it does anyway

Recruit

Recruit

Darkmega
Zodiac: Virgo

Unread post #65 by Darkmega » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:41 am

Static696 wrote:If you get '2012_DavoUnlimitedBoundComplexityAllEditors.packge' the broken camera is fixed, well for me it does anyway

Is that so? I might just install that then and see if we can make that "for me too". :)

edit: Fixes the camera. then opens up a whole other can of worms.... like fatty moulding icons/pull points down here. probably an incompatibility with the rest of the things... :V but strangely enough, this one does what the infinite complexity mod without the no bounds, and this version of dark injection could never do. and that's remove the complexity limit from in the actual game too. So I end up fixing 2 problems and gaining another, so net 1 problem fixed... :V

So if you wouldn't mind figuring out these two things and fixing them proper then releasing them (even if it's just the one file that has the fix inside it to go with the rest of the release so not to download the entire mod again), Rob, that would be swell. for all of us. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Darkmega on Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sergeant

Sergeant

Static696

Unread post #66 by Static696 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:43 am

Darkmega wrote:
Static696 wrote:If you get '2012_DavoUnlimitedBoundComplexityAllEditors.packge' the broken camera is fixed, well for me it does anyway

Is that so? I might just install that then and see if we can make that "for me too". :)

I hope that helped :lol:

Recruit

Recruit

Darkmega

Unread post #67 by Darkmega » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:44 am

Static696 wrote:
Darkmega wrote:

whoops, you post-sniped me. cause I just edited my post thinking you wouldn't reply just yet. :V

Sergeant

Sergeant

Static696

Unread post #68 by Static696 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:47 am

Darkmega wrote:
Static696 wrote:
Darkmega wrote:

whoops, you post-sniped me. cause I just edited my post thinking you wouldn't reply just yet. :V

lol :lol:

ps noice creature

Sergeant

Sergeant

Static696

Unread post #69 by Static696 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:54 am

Darkmega wrote:Fixes the camera. then opens up a whole other can of worms.... like fatty moulding icons/pull points down here. probably an incompatibility with the rest of the things... :V but strangely enough, this one does what the infinite complexity mod without the no bounds, and this version of dark injection could never do. and that's remove the complexity limit from in the actual game too. So I end up fixing 2 problems and gaining another, so net 1 problem fixed... :V

So if you wouldn't mind figuring out these two things and fixing them proper then releasing them (even if it's just the one file that has the fix inside it to go with the rest of the release so not to download the entire mod again), Rob, that would be swell. for all of us. :)

I dont know about that but if you continue through the creature stage (if you have DI 9r) its fix the editor and give you the robot one (yet again if you have DI 9r) and you can do it without the giant moulding icons :D

Recruit

Recruit

Darkmega

Unread post #70 by Darkmega » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:08 am

Static696 wrote:
Darkmega wrote:Fixes the camera. then opens up a whole other can of worms.... like fatty moulding icons/pull points down here. probably an incompatibility with the rest of the things... :V but strangely enough, this one does what the infinite complexity mod without the no bounds, and this version of dark injection could never do. and that's remove the complexity limit from in the actual game too. So I end up fixing 2 problems and gaining another, so net 1 problem fixed... :V

I dont know about that but if you continue through the creature stage (if you have DI 9r) its fix the editor and give you the robot one (yet again if you have DI 9r) and you can do it without the giant moulding icons :D

literally it just fixed itself when I restarted, tried my captain on my other save to see if it also fixed the captain complexity (nope). then I went to the main menu, opened creature editor on the main menu and got the new background which for some reason never loaded in creature editor ingame. then went in game to double check to make sure I wasn't somehow smoking something and seeing things and both were fixed. so god knows whats going on in this game's head. cause all the icons seem to have shrunk down again and now finally the dark spore editor background/environment is kicking in. *throws hands into the air in a giant "I don't F***ing know anymore" gesture* but if it continues to work for a while and I can just farm up all the parts and stuff over tonight without anymore issues and really create an ultimate being that doesn't break the complexity bank, I'll be just fine.

edit: Lookin' gooooood. also. His pose reminds me of Freiza. >_>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Corporal

Corporal

windblade

Unread post #71 by windblade » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:43 am

it sounds like the next release will be even more awesome

Recruit

Recruit

Howis

Unread post #72 by Howis » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:53 pm

Hey, not trying to rush you or anything, but is there any ETA when the new release will be out? I've been holding off on playing the newest version of DI since August due to the camera bug, and I'm getting antsy to create some creatures again. Good work by the way.
[Signature goes here]

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #73 by rob55rod » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:13 pm

Howis wrote:Hey, not trying to rush you or anything, but is there any ETA when the new release will be out? I've been holding off on playing the newest version of DI since August due to the camera bug, and I'm getting antsy to create some creatures again. Good work by the way.

I really don't want to give an ETA, because knowing me, I'll probably freak out about not finishing in time to meet the deadline instead of actually working towards meeting the deadline.

That, and some people tend to nail me to the wall if I'm 10 minutes late, which I do not appreciate.

So no, there isn't an ETA. I apologize for how long this update is taking.

Corporal

Corporal

windblade

Unread post #74 by windblade » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:53 pm

well, as long as it isnt released when half-life 3 is, im ok

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

fungus3
Zodiac: Taurus

Unread post #75 by fungus3 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:16 am

rob55rod wrote:
Howis wrote:Hey, not trying to rush you or anything, but is there any ETA when the new release will be out? I've been holding off on playing the newest version of DI since August due to the camera bug, and I'm getting antsy to create some creatures again. Good work by the way.

I really don't want to give an ETA, because knowing me, I'll probably freak out about not finishing in time to meet the deadline instead of actually working towards meeting the deadline.

That, and some people tend to nail me to the wall if I'm 10 minutes late, which I do not appreciate.

So no, there isn't an ETA. I apologize for how long this update is taking.

You just love to deliberately delay and stall, don't you.

You'd make a great successor to Gaben.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #76 by rob55rod » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:29 am

fungus3 wrote:You just love to deliberately delay and stall, don't you.

No, I actually don't. I HATE how long this update is taking.

Sergeant First Class

Sergeant First Class

fungus3
Zodiac: Taurus

Unread post #77 by fungus3 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:43 pm

rob55rod wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiight...

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #78 by rob55rod » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:16 pm

fungus3 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Riiiiiiiiiight...

And to think you were once someone who supported me, and that I once valued that...

Staff Sergeant

Staff Sergeant

eme12

Unread post #79 by eme12 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:13 pm

rob55rod wrote:
fungus3 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:No, I actually don't. I HATE how long this update is taking.

Riiiiiiiiiight...

And to think you were once someone who supported me, and that I once valued that...

that is pretty harsh

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #80 by rob55rod » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:54 pm

eme12 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
fungus3 wrote:Riiiiiiiiiight...

that is pretty harsh

Good. Maybe he'll keep his mouth shut now when it comes to comparing my sense of time to Valve's.

Return to “Dark Injection 9.r Open Beta”