Optional feedback buttons?

Have an idea for how to make 9.r the best update since v1? Want to help make it all come to life? Let us know here!
Raptorians
Cell
Cell

Optional feedback buttons?

Unread post by Raptorians »

Is it possible that you can include an option to remove the feedback buttons or at least make them smaller? I find the one in the editor kind of distracting in its current state (I use the Core Spore UI, so I'm not sure how it is for the other UI options). I understand that it may be kind of essential for bug reports, but some may not want it around. Thanks!

Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Re: Optional feedback buttons?

Unread post by Darhagonable »

Raptorians wrote:Is it possible that you can include an option to remove the feedback buttons or at least make them smaller? I find the one in the editor kind of distracting in its current state (I use the Core Spore UI, so I'm not sure how it is for the other UI options). I understand that it may be kind of essential for bug reports, but some may not want it around. Thanks!
The mod is still in development and therefore feedback is a crucial part in making the mod better. It doesn't take up any extra screen real estate and is designed so it blends in with the normal interface. It is as non intrusive as he can make it without it being hidden when needed. While I get that you might be unused to the extra button I'm sure that you will get used to it after a while.
There are already a lot of people who are just being salty about the bugs and issues they experience instead of reporting them for a potential fix.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Optional feedback buttons?

Unread post by rob55rod »

Everything Dar says is entirely accurate. I build DI for free, I don't get paid to do this, and I don't put a price tag on it. I don't ask for much in return, I just ask that people do their tiny, miniscule, trivial, dead-simple part by informing me if they run into any problems or have any suggestions for the mod, so I can address this feedback, and even that only benefits me in that it better enables me to serve you, so they're the ones who really benefit from it.

So no, I won't add such an option.

I'd originally placed the button to the left of the Complexity Meter in the Core Spore UI, and it would have stayed there if not for - you guessed it - user feedback. But since people spoke up, I realized that they didn't want to lose screen real estate for the button, so I moved it to its current location, which is a useless dead zone without DI installed.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DI 9.r suggestions, ideas, and contributions”