Make the DI parts not unlockable in the Creature Stage

Have an idea for how to make 9.r the best update since v1? Want to help make it all come to life? Let us know here!
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Make the DI parts not unlockable in the Creature Stage

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

I really don't want DI parts to be unlockable in the Creature Stage, it greatly hinders my progress in getting parts. While uninstalling DI 9.R and re-installing the wanted features (Half-black UI, Genetic Modifier, Infinite Complexity, DI Audio and Text) works, that doesn't come without a LOT of crashes.

Overall I feel it would be a lot easier to simply disable the parts "pollinating" in the creature stage as a whole, so that only the Core Spore and C&C parts are unlockable

Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Make the DI parts not unlockable in the Creature Stage

Unread post by rob55rod »

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to just make them not be unlockable.

That having been said, the Core Part Pages component exists, and therefore can be disabled, which does accomplish the goal of making the parts not be unlockable. None of the other parts are unlockable at all, currently, but if I ever manage to correct that, the same solution will more than likely apply there as well.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to just make them not be unlockable.

That having been said, the Core Part Pages component exists, and therefore can be disabled, which does accomplish the goal of making the parts not be unlockable. None of the other parts are unlockable at all, currently, but if I ever manage to correct that, the same solution will more than likely apply there as well.
I tried reinstalling DI without the Core Part Pages component, but for some stupid reason (Either my stupidity or an issue in the mod, the former being more likely) it doesn't work. And I end up unlocking only mouth parts (both the Core Spore and DI reskinned ones) for a while, and keep in mind, that being in the First "part" of the Creature Stage, before you migrate.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to just make them not be unlockable.

I tried reinstalling DI without the Core Part Pages component, but for some stupid reason (Either my stupidity or an issue in the mod, the former being more likely) it doesn't work. And I end up unlocking only mouth parts (both the Core Spore and DI reskinned ones) for a while, and keep in mind, that being in the First "part" of the Creature Stage, before you migrate.
I swear, if the game doesn't update the contents of the bone piles according to that after the save file is created or something like that...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
TheUltraCube6723 wrote:

I swear, if the game doesn't update the contents of the bone piles according to that after the save file is created or something like that...
Oh well, I can always use the Evoadvantage and Setconsequencetrait cheats to start a new evolution

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DI 9.r suggestions, ideas, and contributions”