New/recreating abilities suggestion

Have an idea for how to make 9.r the best update since v1? Want to help make it all come to life? Let us know here!
MerekiDor
Cell
Cell

New/recreating abilities suggestion

Unread post by MerekiDor »

OH HELLO THERE
So, i've got some suggestions. I think, you shall recreate custom abilities, because honsetly they look dumb. Seriously? Beam? Bubble gun? Monster coming from ground? I know that spore got limited number of effects and animations, but still. Make something interesting and balanced. For example, fireballs. Yea, fireballs. Simple but nice. Take animations from GA (shaman weapon animations is best for this imo) and "campfire" effect.
Really. It's simple, possible and nice. And better than waterfall coming straightly on enemy or giant rocket coming from small creature, creating nuke explosion.

Old :spore: player since 2010.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: New/recreating abilities suggestion

Unread post by rob55rod »

Heh...yeah I didn't add those, and personally I don't particularly like them either. However, out of respect for users who don't feel the same way, I've decided to not remove anything. That having been said, I do plan on adding more abilities, in an attempt to replicate those in Darkspore, which is atleast partially feasible now that custom effects are possible (which they weren't at the time of the creation of the abilities you mentioned).
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
MerekiDor
Cell
Cell

Re: New/recreating abilities suggestion

Unread post by MerekiDor »

Okay. Though u shall create something rapid-fire, like gun. You can use "machinegun" effect from GA by the way.
As i remember, in v6 of DI, there was this ability, but it was dealing only 1 damage.
Old :spore: player since 2010.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DI 9.r suggestions, ideas, and contributions”