Complete removal of complexity meter

Have an idea for how to make 9.r the best update since v1? Want to help make it all come to life? Let us know here!
Nukeatomic
Cell
Cell

Complete removal of complexity meter

Unread post by Nukeatomic »

As it stands, I'm pretty sure there's no way to remove complexity in the other editors, which sucks. So, I'm suggesting to do as the title says!

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Complete removal of complexity meter

Unread post by rob55rod »

So hold on. There's apparently no way to remove the complexity limit from the other editors (which by the way is entirely possible, though DI 9.r doesn't provide that as part of its feature set), therefore I should...remove the interface for conveying complexity? I'm sorry, I don't follow the thinking behind this request. Care to clarify?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

i would prefer soemthing more like a double or triple complexity but not unlimited, i know doubling or tripling still count as cheating but i wouldnt feel so bad with myself, on the other hand i think he refers to the fact that there has been mods that remove complexity from creature and adventures but not ALL available editors there are(dont remember which ones though or if there are already mods for every single one though i might recall some of the ones that already exist might be incompatible or have been at some point)

also i think he/she might have been refering to the ui element as well as it still remains even with the unlimited complexity mods
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:i would prefer soemthing more like a double or triple complexity but not unlimited, i know doubling or tripling still count as cheating but i wouldnt feel so bad with myself
Wow, you'd love :bs: ... :lol:

windblade wrote:on the other hand i think he refers to the fact that there has been mods that remove complexity from creature and adventures but not ALL available editors there are
(I have no idea why that is btw, such a mod is entirely possible yet the closest anyone's come to doing it is Davo's thing which clones all the editors to achieve an extremely awkward version of the same thing. Then again, we didn't know about the packagePriority issue back then...)

windblade wrote:also i think he/she might have been refering to the ui element as well as it still remains even with the unlimited complexity mods
There's no way in hell I'm going to remove the meter itself, for several reasons:
a) It'd be a lot of work for very little benefit.
b) It'd be a massive compatibility hazard for other mods.
c) Depending on what you define as removing the meter
d) Provided the UI-Darkspore component is installed, the only way you'd even be able to tell it was gone would be by the lack of a tooltip over what used to be the meter. The only component I can see visually benefitting is Shimmer, and even then it's borderline pointless.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

i didnt say that i needed it to be removed i just pointed out what he/she probably meant
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

windblade wrote:i didnt say that i needed it to be removed i just pointed out what he/she probably meant
...I know. In any case though, what I said stands.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DI 9.r suggestions, ideas, and contributions”