Things that would be kinda useful in DI 9r beta 2 or final release and bug things .__.

Have an idea for how to make 9.r the best update since v1? Want to help make it all come to life? Let us know here!

which once would you like to see inplomented

15%
30%
30%
15%
10%

Total votes: 20
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Things that would be kinda useful in DI 9r beta 2 or final release and bug things .__.

Unread post by Static696 »

I don't want to sound irritating or buggy, these are just some suggestions that I would like to see happen ;_;
you probably know all of these things but meh, I just don't want to you (the creator of this mod) to be startled when you see this

1.each new category has been duplicated which takes ages to navigate around different parts
1.PNG
2. It would be great to see more of these cube things that pull in and out
2.PNG
3.I would love to see the increase of part size because most parts you can barely make big enough to fit the size of your creature

4.can you make it so that the parts page selection fit inside the box and make the box a bit bigger
4.PNG
5. you removed the type selection thing at the top which is really annoying
5.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Things that would be kinda useful in DI 9r beta 2 or final release and bug things .__.

Unread post by windblade »

all 5 suggestions and also, be able to make some pieces smaller, since some have also a limit on how small they can be
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Things that would be kinda useful in DI 9r beta 2 or final release and bug things .__.

Unread post by rob55rod »

1. That's something you have to fix, not me - that issue only occurs when you install DI 9.r alongside another version of DI, which I clearly stated you are not to do for this very reason, among others.

2. Ideally yes, but we can't actually add box handles, and even if I could, I wouldn't add them to existing parts, for compatibility reasons.

3 (and what windblade said). Maybe. *sniff* maybe. I have yet to meet one that can outsmart Will Wright.

4. No, I can't, because I already did. Please don't report bugs which have already been fixed.

5. I didn't remove it, I just didn't add it to begin with. I do intend to do so, though.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:1. That's something you have to fix, not me - that issue only occurs when you install DI 9.r alongside another version of DI, which I clearly stated you are not to do for this very reason, among others.
I did not download this mod alongside another version of DI and I REALLY went through my data folder and I still don't know thy this is happening
rob55rod wrote: Ideally yes, but we can't actually add box handles, and even if I could, I wouldn't add them to existing parts, for compatibility reasons.
:o
rob55rod wrote: No, I can't, because I already did. Please don't report bugs which have already been fixed.
oh ok, I didn't know that sorry
rob55rod wrote: I didn't remove it, I just didn't add it to begin with. I do intend to do so, though.
ok :D

thanks
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:I did not download this mod alongside another version of DI and I REALLY went through my data folder and I still don't know thy this is happening
Uhh

List everything in all your Data folders, no exceptions
Static696 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: No, I can't, because I already did. Please don't report bugs which have already been fixed.
oh ok, I didn't know that sorry
This is why you check the bug reports subforum before posting a bug report.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:List everything in all your Data folder, no exceptions
all of these are .package files

1.Force save
2.HD creatures tweak
3.walking animation upgrade
4.seamless limtailes
5.2016rob55rodskinlimbs (I forgot what that is but you might know as you made it)
6.bot parts
7.Strange and beautiful parts
8.smootherV2
7.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_CoreSporePartCopies
8.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Abilities
9.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Accessories
10.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Armor
11.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-ClassicMods
12.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-CoreCategories
13.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-CorePages
14.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Paints
15.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-UtilityParts
16.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_creature_category-Weapons
17.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_CreepyAndCute
18.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_editor_LC-!HeroEditorBG
19.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_editor_LC-SpaceshipEditorBG
20.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_editor_LC-TectonicSimulatorBG
21.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_Text-Darkspore
22.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_UI-!Layouts
23.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_UI-!Layouts-CaptainFix
24.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_UI_Audio-stable
25.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_UI-Darkspore
26.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_vehicle_category-CorePages
27.!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_zzFoundation_LC
28.!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_UI-Shimmer
29.!!SporeResurrection_NextSteps
30.Davo Unlimited Bound Complexity All Editors
31.2015_DI_NC_FIX
32.B&VMod1.2
33.Cambens colour pack V3
34.Conduit Spore
35.Creature Overhaul
36.human heads
37.LetheCreatureParts
38.n_Statics_NameGeneration
39.Sids 3D Cell Editor V1.1
40.spore patch (I forgot what this does but if I remove it the game crashes so yeah)
41.Spore_EP1_Content_01
42.Spore_EP1_Content_02
43.Spore_EP1_Data
44.Spore_EP1_Locale_01
45.Spore_EP1_Locale_02
46.tklarenb_anime_parts_v1
47.Tribal Village Freedom
48.z1A_Invidia1
49.DavoBG Rainbow

core spore (just in case)
1.PatchData
2.Spore_Audio1
3.Spore_Audio3
4.Spore_Content
5.Spore_Game
6.Spore_Graphics
7.Spore_Pack_03
8.zArenas_RDX9
9.zArenas_Textures
Last edited by Static696 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:31.2015_DI_NC_FIX
There's your problem. That's a legacy version of DI. Remove it and you'll be free of duplicate categories.

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
There's your problem. That's a legacy version of DI. Remove it and you'll be free of duplicate categories.
oh ok thanks :D
I thought that mod was mandatory or something
(also will you ever add the cell xtend parts to the early creature editor with the parts that are affected and not affected by the zArenas_RDX9 and zArenas_Textures packages?)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
No problem.
Static696 wrote:I thought that mod was mandatory or something
No. Its removal is mandatory though :lol:
Static696 wrote:(also will you ever add the cell xtend parts to the early creature editor with the parts that are affected and not affected by the zArenas_RDX9 and zArenas_Textures packages?)
I thought I already did.

I do apologize, but due to how overdue Beta 2's release currently is, I've been trying to stop adding features and focus on fixing stuff in preparation for a release. So no more major features will be added for Beta 2.

Doesn't mean they'll never be added though.

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
Static696 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: There's your problem. That's a legacy version of DI. Remove it and you'll be free of duplicate categories.
No problem.
Static696 wrote:I thought that mod was mandatory or something
No. Its removal is mandatory though :lol:
Static696 wrote:(also will you ever add the cell xtend parts to the early creature editor with the parts that are affected and not affected by the zArenas_RDX9 and zArenas_Textures packages?)
I thought I already did.

I do apologize, but due to how overdue Beta 2's release currently is, I've been trying to stop adding features and focus on fixing stuff in preparation for a release. So no more major features will be added for Beta 2.

Doesn't mean they'll never be added though.
oh ok
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
I thought I already did.
apparently not
I dont knwo..PNG
:?: it also gives us limited complexity

ALSO
I just realised that the !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_zzFoundation_LC.package does not allow you see any DI creatures let alone edit them is there a solution for this

EDIT: renamed it !!!!!!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_zzFoundation_LC.package so it goes to the top and the only difference is that the editor is changed, but no DI creature that others have made
readon for dis.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:I just realised that the !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_zzFoundation_LC.package does not allow you see any DI creatures let alone edit them is there a solution for this
Yes it does, though backwards compatibility is not perfect, as with any version of DI, so if you're trying creations from older versions of DI, that's unfortunate, but understandable.

That having been said, the majority of creations from DI 9 should work fine with 9.r , so I'm afraid you've just gotten a really unlucky selection.

Also I should note that judging by your previous list, you've installed 9.r incorrectly - you installed EVERY component. That's guaranteed to cause issues. For starters, you're not supposed to install multiple background or UI components. [strike]It amazes me that so many people have managed to screw it up in spite of all of my efforts to idiot-proof the mod...[/strike]I guess we really do need an installer :lol:
Static696 wrote:renamed it !!!!!!!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_zzFoundation_LC.package so it goes to the top and the only difference is that the editor is changed, but no DI creature that others have made
Never change the priority of one package without renaming the others. EVER.

(Not to mention, why would changing the priority of a package other than Force Save affect that at all? :lol: )

In all seriousness though, rename it back.

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:you installed EVERY component.
no I haven't I have left out !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_!InvisiblerLimbs, !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_editor_LC-zGhostTownBG and !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_UI-HalfBlackCS
rob55rod wrote: Never change the priority of one package without renaming the others. EVER.
ok
rob55rod wrote:In all seriousness though, rename it back.
ok
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:
no I haven't I have left out !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_!InvisiblerLimbs, !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_editor_LC-zGhostTownBG and !!!!2016_DI_9_r_PublicBeta1-1_UI-HalfBlackCS
Alright, maybe not every component, but nonetheless you've installed a number of components which are mutually exclusive and thus redundant.

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
Static696 wrote:
Alright, maybe not every component, but nonetheless you've installed a number of components which are mutually exclusive and thus redundant.
I checked and they all work
I swear this really needs an installer which you can choose which component you would like to get, and it should not require java

beeeem installer makey thingy https://www.indigorose.com/setup-factory/
im not sure if that is paid or not but if it is there is bound to be a trial or another website
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:I checked and they all work
They're still redundant.
Static696 wrote:I swear this really needs an installer which you can choose which component you would like to get, and it should not require java

beeeem installer makey thingy https://www.indigorose.com/setup-factory/
im not sure if that is paid or not but if it is there is bound to be a trial or another website
No sher. I've already got a plan for an installer, though, and beyond being free, it's also more authentic to Darkspore :lol:

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:They're still redundant.
waaaaaa
I Dont know which ones are redundent

rob55rod wrote:No sher. I've already got a plan for an installer, though, and beyond being free, it's also more authentic to Darkspore :lol:
good luck then
I wish I got to play darkspore .__.

EDIT: ALSO I just found found some more problems with some parts would you believe just watch this
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DI 9.r suggestions, ideas, and contributions”