Anime Parts v1.2 (Update 1/9/20)

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Anime Parts v1.2 (Update 1/9/20)

Unread post by tklarenb »

Update V1.2- fixed wrongly scaled part and added some new parts

Features the following parts in anime style:
Female head
Male head
19 female hairs
2 male hairs

All parts are found in the mouths category

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/sqp8eenx ... ckage/file

To install just put the package file in your Spore GA's Data folder. Should be located somewhere similar to this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SPORE Galactic Adventures\Data

Known issues:
Hairs still come in rotated wrong, but can be rotated easily to correct orientation
Some of the hairs still have texture bugs, no idea what's causing it so I can't fix it. Still fairly usable with darker colored hair since that tends to hide it a bit, but it stands out on lighter colors

And to those that are asking, no, I'm not going to animate them, I couldn't ever figure out how to get animations that don't bug out and I don't have the time to learn now

Changelog
Spoiler
V1.1
added 15 anime style hairs. These were built to work with the anime head, but would probably work with other heads as well.
Known issues:
Not all hairs are textured properly.
One of the hair parts is scaled way too small to be really usable.
Hairs come in rotated wrong, but can just be rotated to the correct orientation.

Not sure if I'm ever going to fix these issues, but I figured some people might like this even in its unfinished state.

V 1.0
After trying my hand at music modding, and because of the fact I've been making anime style humans in Spore recently, I decided to try my hand at part modding with the head of an anime character I modeled awhile back in Zbrush. It took awhile, but I managed to figure it out, so here is my very first part mod, a female anime head.
Eyes are colored based on detail color. The face will loose resolution based on how big the body is and how many other parts you have. To help fix this, you can use the HD Texture Tweak and rob55rod's HD Creation Texture mod: both of which can be found here (Properties and ConfigManager text files are found in your SPORE_EP1/Data/Config folder, you'll probably have to edit security permissions on them to edit them): https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/li ... ge#4054959
Thanks rob for pointing this out.

Currently this mod only has the one head, but now that I've figured out how to mod new parts my plan is to expand on this with a male head and some anime hair styles (hopefully with morphs if I can figure that part out). And if I can figure out animations I'll probably get around to taking some parts off of a bunch of dinosaurs I've modeled and converting them for Spore as well.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8l3xg3h9a ... v1.package
Last edited by tklarenb on Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Anime Parts

Unread post by rob55rod »

The texture resolution issue could be somewhat lessened by The HD Texture Tweak.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

rob55rod wrote:The texture resolution issue could be somewhat lessened by The HD Texture Tweak.
Awesome, I didn't even know about this. That pretty much removed the issue entirely.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Static696 »

I don't watch or particularly enjoy Anime but I found this part quite useful as it is the closest thing to an actual human head which is VERY useful.
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Static696 wrote:I don't watch or particularly enjoy Anime but I found this part quite useful as it is the closest thing to an actual human head which is VERY useful.
I actually have a realistic human head mod in the works that has 21 different heads of various genders, ages, and races (including fantasy/prehistoric in the form of elves and neanderthals). Probably the only problem with them is that they have no animations (which I can't really add since their mouths and eyes aren't built for animation) so they do look a bit creepy:

The mod is functionally ready to be released, but I still need to add part icons and currently the Asian heads are looking a bit too similar to the Caucasian ones, so I want to tweak them a tiny bit to make the differences more noticeable.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

I assume you aren't planning on making the skin of the heads use the base colour? (Just a thought)

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Static696 »

tklarenb wrote:
Static696 wrote:I don't watch or particularly enjoy Anime but I found this part quite useful as it is the closest thing to an actual human head which is VERY useful.
I actually have a realistic human head mod in the works that has 21 different heads of various genders, ages, and races (including fantasy/prehistoric in the form of elves and neanderthals). Probably the only problem with them is that they have no animations (which I can't really add since their mouths and eyes aren't built for animation) so they do look a bit creepy:

The mod is functionally ready to be released, but I still need to add part icons and currently the Asian heads are looking a bit too similar to the Caucasian ones, so I want to tweak them a tiny bit to make the differences more noticeable.

when will the downloads be avalible
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:when will the downloads be available
A while ago. Please read before asking next time.

tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Anime Parts v1.1

V1.1 released, see original post for details
Grubby
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Grubby »

If you could manage to get the eyes and mouth to animate as well has show emotions, that would blow my mind! Otherwise, its a great and funny mod.
I'm still here, since the dawn of spore. Does that make me a spore boomer now?
Also Check out the comic I help make! https://awokenreality.tumblr.com/
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sporefanatic0 »

This proyect is dead?
I really expected an update with animated heads, eyes and mouths working and more hair styles to.
That mod is one of the most useful and cutes u know?
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Anime Parts v1.2 (Update 1/9/20)

Updated to v1.2, see original post for details
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

You are the boss did you know? Anime hair and anime head is just what spore needed (now we just need some clothes), THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! For the mod and for the time spent working on this, people like you keep spore alive. :D
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

Is there any way can help you to make more hairstyles? you know, so much hairs... Maybe we can find a way to give them realistic animation like some parts of creatures that fall with gravity or we could give more variety of color to each hairstyles with a layer: (Base Coat and Detail).
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

One question: animate them heads is too complicated or too tedious? Because I have some free time this summer and I could work on this if you show me how to do and the programs I need.
other way... You have Paypal? I could also contribute if you decide to continue working on this mod, just say how much, also i can make you publicity for other people's can donate you to complete this proyect, anime heads with animations is just spore need to attract more people.
CzaryDave7
Creature
Creature

Unread post by CzaryDave7 »

why he did this
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”