Are the zArena files included now? Also, problems with the installer.

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
piecheese10
Cell
Cell

Are the zArena files included now? Also, problems with the installer.

Unread post by piecheese10 »

I can't find the zArenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package files, since they aren't shown on the website anymore. Does that mean they're included in the current version of Dark Injection? Because I still can't find them in the zip file.
While I'm here, I might as well ask about another problem I'm having. I have tried using the Spore ModAPI to install Dark Injections, but when I run the program as an administrator, none of my mod files appear in the documents folder where I store them! It's just subfolders and nothing else. I tried putting the mod in one of these subfolders, but it still didn't appear. What am I doing wrong?

"That which is not a fish.... MUST BE A PENGUIN!" - Burt Ward, 1966
piecheese10
Cell
Cell

Re: Are the zArena files included now? Also, problems with the installer.

Okay, update: I figured out what happened with the installer. I'm not using the administrator account on my computer when I run the installer as an administrator. It's showing the admin's folders, not mine. As for why I don't just go to the administrator account and put the download in there, the admin account is broken to be point of being unusable. So, yeah. Any ideas on how to fix this? I already have the files for the manual installation, if all else fails.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

piecheese10 wrote:Okay, update: I figured out what happened with the installer. I'm not using the administrator account on my computer when I run the installer as an administrator. It's showing the admin's folders, not mine. As for why I don't just go to the administrator account and put the download in there, the admin account is broken to be point of being unusable. So, yeah. Any ideas on how to fix this? I already have the files for the manual installation, if all else fails.
You have to run the installer as Administrator, it can't do its job otherwise. That can still work, though, as the Administrator account can access your account's Downloads folder and such. You just have to navigate to the system drive (typically C:), and then to the Users folder within there. Your account's folder should be listed somewhere in there. Select it, and all should be self-explanatory from there. (Let me know if it isn't, ofc ._. )
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
piecheese10
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
piecheese10 wrote:Okay, update: I figured out what happened with the installer. I'm not using the administrator account on my computer when I run the installer as an administrator. It's showing the admin's folders, not mine. As for why I don't just go to the administrator account and put the download in there, the admin account is broken to be point of being unusable. So, yeah. Any ideas on how to fix this? I already have the files for the manual installation, if all else fails.
You have to run the installer as Administrator, it can't do its job otherwise. That can still work, though, as the Administrator account can access your account's Downloads folder and such. You just have to navigate to the system drive (typically C:), and then to the Users folder within there. Your account's folder should be listed somewhere in there. Select it, and all should be self-explanatory from there. (Let me know if it isn't, ofc ._. )
Okay, I did that and installed the mod. Now, when I try to start up the game, it crashes before the logo even appears. I've tried running the game in different compatibility modes, but that hasn't worked yet. What do I do now?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

piecheese10 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Okay, I did that and installed the mod. Now, when I try to start up the game, it crashes before the logo even appears. I've tried running the game in different compatibility modes, but that hasn't worked yet. What do I do now?
Okay, that's...not normal...

Which DI components did you install? And are you using the ModAPI Launcher to start the game?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
piecheese10
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
piecheese10 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: You have to run the installer as Administrator, it can't do its job otherwise. That can still work, though, as the Administrator account can access your account's Downloads folder and such. You just have to navigate to the system drive (typically C:), and then to the Users folder within there. Your account's folder should be listed somewhere in there. Select it, and all should be self-explanatory from there. (Let me know if it isn't, ofc ._. )

Which DI components did you install? And are you using the ModAPI Launcher to start the game?
Lemme check. I'm not using the launcher to start the game because my antivirus deleted that.
I have installed infinite complexity, weapons category, core part pages, Darkspore-textured Core Spore and Creepy/Cute parts, Darkspore paints, additional core paints, and the accessories category. I'm also going to try uninstalling the Building/Vehicle Fusion mod, see if that's causing it.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

piecheese10 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
piecheese10 wrote: Okay, I did that and installed the mod. Now, when I try to start up the game, it crashes before the logo even appears. I've tried running the game in different compatibility modes, but that hasn't worked yet. What do I do now?

Lemme check. I'm not using the launcher to start the game because my antivirus deleted that.
Well you're going to need it. Currently not for DI, but for any other ModAPI mods you will, and DI will be joining them soon.
piecheese10 wrote:I have installed infinite complexity, weapons category, core part pages, Darkspore-textured Core Spore and Creepy/Cute parts, Darkspore paints, additional core paints, and the accessories category. I'm also going to try uninstalling the Building/Vehicle Fusion mod, see if that's causing it.
I've heard of B&V Fusion causing problems...

piecheese10
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
piecheese10 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Okay, that's...not normal...

Well you're going to need it. Currently not for DI, but for any other ModAPI mods you will, and DI will be joining them soon.
piecheese10 wrote:I have installed infinite complexity, weapons category, core part pages, Darkspore-textured Core Spore and Creepy/Cute parts, Darkspore paints, additional core paints, and the accessories category. I'm also going to try uninstalling the Building/Vehicle Fusion mod, see if that's causing it.
I've heard of B&V Fusion causing problems...
Okay, how do I make Norton stop deleting it, then?
wan2bepro
Cell
Cell

Unread post by wan2bepro »

You can restore it from quarantine if I'm not mistaken. Also just add an exception in Norton. Google would help you a lot...
"Life is like a toy: if you don't know how to play with it, it's useless" Great-grandmother (1903-2006)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”