Dark Injections Several Problems.

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
Jegarax0
Cell
Cell

Dark Injections Several Problems.

Unread post by Jegarax0 »

Hello! I recently got back into spore after a few years and started by downloading the dark injection 9.r (BETA 2).

I had the disc version and after downloading dark injections (and only one other mod, the infinite complexity and 100 points for adventures mod)
And it worked perfectly, for awhile. I really love the mod and made some creatures and adventures i am really proud and attached to.
The thing is that i decided to download spore on Origin, because i had the product keys for it, though the main reason was because i wanted to access the online functions, which apparently did not work on the disc version.

And once i Had installed spore from origin ( On another drive than the disc version) the problems started emerging. First thing i noticed was that the dark injection logo was not there even though I installed it the exact same way i had for the disc copy. The online functions worked properly, though everything related to dark injections was messed up. I could not play my adventures because it said that some (turns out almost every) of my creations had parts i did not have and would be replaced. In my sporepedia all my creations where there but they were not editable. But the weirdest part is that the parts are still usable in my creature editor, with the exception of that i could not save them. Another weird thing is that i can use my captain in who contain dark injection parts through space age adventures, but not through quick play. The other mod i mentioned does not seem to work either, though i find that less important.

So here i am with almost 100 creatures in my sporepedia that i cant use in any way, i cant create new ones if they contain any mod parts. I have lost all functionality of the adventures I spent hundreds of hours creating.

I'm not a novice when it comes to modding and such but im far from a professional either. The things i have tried is:
1. Copy the data directories from the folders belonging to the disc versions. (I always backup my files so i restored it when that didnt work)
2. Deleted the mod(s) and reinstalled it.
3. Started core spore and let it synchronize and then start galactic adventures again to do the same (as suggested in some thread i read)

I would very much appreciate any help i can get. Thanks in advance.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injections Several Problems.

Unread post by rob55rod »

The Origin, Steam, and GoG versions of the game were all updated in March of 2017. This broke Dark Injection on Origin (it never worked correctly on Steam/GoG). I'm already working on an update to fix this.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Jegarax0
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Jegarax0 »

Yeah ok that is most likely why since it did work on my disc copy.

Well, thanks for the reply. Im gonna have to do without dark injection for the time being, which is sad since it is the single best mod out there for spore in my opinion. I don't mean to rush you but do you have any kind of inclination as to how long until you solve it, when an update can be expected?

One other question if you don't mind; If I play spore without the mod and the day comes when you've solved the problem, if i then download it will that mean that my creations will simultaneously start working again? or do you think that my dark injection creatures and adventures are beyond saving?

Thanks again, now i don't need to make any more clean installs to try and make it work since i know its useless for the time being haha.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Jegarax0 wrote:Yeah ok that is most likely why since it did work on my disc copy.
I'll say...
Jegarax0 wrote:Well, thanks for the reply.
^-^
Jegarax0 wrote:Im gonna have to do without dark injection for the time being,
Yeah, sorry about that...
Jegarax0 wrote:which is sad since it is the single best mod out there for spore in my opinion.
O.o
Jegarax0 wrote:I don't mean to rush you but do you have any kind of inclination as to how long until you solve it, when an update can be expected?
I don't know for sure. Technically the mod has already been updated to work with the new game update, the problem is that I was already partway through a feature update when the game update came out, so I'm still trying to finish all the things for that.

I've finally realized that the original plan for this release would take far too long, and as such, I've decided to just finish what's already mostly done, disable the rest, and release it, then resume my original plan.

I'm hoping to have the next Private Beta build in the hands of my testers by the end of this week, and if nothing breaks after the following week is over, I'll recompile it for the Public Beta and release it. However, I must be clear that this is NOT A GUARANTEE, PROMISE, OR OTHERWISE CERTAIN IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, as this is assuming nothing happens to interrupt my plan (and IRL tends to do that to me, as do random weird bugs). (I don't mean to be harsh, it's just that a few certain users who may or may not eventually read this post tend to take DI-related dates as being guaranteed to be met, and I've been angrily held responsible for missing them in the past. I don't believe you would do that, I'm just trying to make it clear so they don't if they see this post.)
Jegarax0 wrote:One other question if you don't mind; If I play spore without the mod and the day comes when you've solved the problem, if i then download it will that mean that my creations will simultaneously start working again?
In theory, they should...though Spore is extremely unreliable in that regard...

Jegarax0 wrote:or do you think that my dark injection creatures and adventures are beyond saving?
Beyond saving? Absolutely not...

Jegarax0 wrote:Thanks again, now i don't need to make any more clean installs to try and make it work since i know its useless for the time being haha.
...actually, one final complete reinstall might be required to get your creations unlocked. That is, a reinstall carried out in a very specific order. I'll be happy to guide you through the process when the time comes, just give me a shout. In the meantime, I would recommend you refrain from uninstalling the Dark Injection 9.r Foundation. The other components can go, but keep that one in for now.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

In regards to you releasing the patch now, is say it's a good idea, because then we have something that will shut us up while you work on your other plans :lol: either way, good job!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”