Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.

Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #1 by rob55rod » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:14 pm

It's about time someone did this. Here goes:

Q: My editor camera is really messed up and off-center! What do I do?
A: Use the NC version. If that doesn't help, remove your existing Dark Injection package and install one of the new ones instead: DOWNLOAD PAGE. The 9.r update will fix this bug while preserving the editor camera for non-Steam users, and disabling it for Steam users. I've exploited Steam Spore's flaws in order to fix this bug :lol:
UPDATE: Okay so apparently I messed up and failed to fix the issue for ingame editors. Public Beta 1.1 is the last release to have this issue, anything newer has it fully resolved.

Q: Why can't I save creatures that feature the parts?
A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Q6Zn2E75k (Thank you ForgottenSpore for this one, if you don't want me to use it here, please say so and I'll pull it and explain myself)

Q: IT DOENS'T WORK YUO SUCK AT MODDIGN STOP MAKNIG FAEK MODS AAAAAAAAAAAAA...
A: Get out of here with an attitude like that. It works. You're doing it wrong, or you're a steam user. Come back when you have learned how to turn off CAPS LOCK and can explain exactly what does or doesn't happen as expected.

Q: When will Dark Injection 9.r be out?
A: It's in open beta now.

Q: Why are the textures all muddy? They look amazing in a lot of the screenshots but not in the actual mod! What the heck?
A: What version are you using, v7.0.1? UPDATES, PEOPLE. GET THEM. 9.r FIXED THIS.

Q: DAVO Y U SAY U NOT MAKING DARK INJECTION ANYMORE DEN U MAKE DIS UPDATE!?!?!?!
A: Davo isn't making the 9.r update. I am. the "r" stands for "rob55rod", which is a remnant of when DI 9.r was an unofficial update. I was going to call it 9.1, but then I realized that there would be a lot of confusion if Davo made a 9.1 update, so I went with 9.r instead. I could go with 9.1 at this point, but I'm not going to, for the sake of consistency. (Mind you, I'm not exactly proud of the "9.r" version number's origins.)

Q: Why are the core spore parts all weird colored? (I forgot this one, thanks to Camßεn for adding it)
A: rename Arenas_RDX9 and Arenas_Textures to have a z in front of the names, then move them into SPORE/Data, not SPORE_EP1/Data.

Q: How come that one bio foot and necro wing are glitchy in the editor?
A: Darkspore devs were lazy, they work correctly in the game, adventures, and the Sporepedia.

Q: Y U NO MAKE THE PARTS SHAREABLE!?!?!?!
A: Y U no do any research at all before asking questions that give me NIGHTMARES? Hint: That question gives me nightmares.

Q: Why do the feet sink into the ground?
A: I have no idea. Hopefully we'll have that one figured out sooner or later...

Q: Why are the parts invisible?
A1: You forgot to add Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package into the game.

A2: You installed the game incorrectly. Here's how to install the game for Dark Injection:

- Install Spore Game

- (OPTIONAL, RECOMMENDED) Patch Spore to 1.5.1

- (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C

- Install Spore Galactic Adventures

- Patch Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1

A3: Davo's Arenas_RDX9 and Arenas_Textures don't work for some users. Here are the ones that do, taken straight from Darkspore:
Arenas_RDX9
Arenas_Textures

Q: Why aren't the invisible parts invisible like in DarkEdgeTV's videos?
A: I'm not sure. Just keep in mind that DarkEdgeTV is the exception, not the rule. They should still be invisible in the Sporepedia, adventures, and savegames, unles you're really unlucky. Regardles, I've tried damn-near everything I can think of to fix this, but nothing works :/
However, Dark Injection 9.r includes a component which makes them invisible...but also unusable. Only really practical for screenshots.

Q:
Ghast505 wrote:PLS CAN YOU MAKE THIS FOR CORE SPORE...pls? C:

A: We don't make mods dependant on GA for no reason. There's some stuff in GA that you just can't do with Core Spore, and also, GA provides a boatload of additional resources to work with. That having been said, Dark Injection v9 kinda sorta works with Core Spore. It's quite buggy, but the parts work well enough, for the most part. Your game still needs to be patched to 1.5.1 , though. I'm hoping to add better Core Spore compatibility to DI 9.r , though some features will still be unavailable.

If these solutions don't help, just ask, and I'll see what I can do! (Unless someone else does first, that is)

The Boss
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #2 by Davo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:21 pm

You should also address the feet sinking in adventures.

You should also address DI parts are not shareable.

Also, you should add the proper install order for those here looking for that fix.

Just a suggestion, delete this post if needed, if i were on a pc i would fix it, but my pc is in the garage and wont return here til i buy a 200' Ethernet cable ha
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
Location: The Spore Resurrection Secret Base. Because apparently we needed a secret base.

Unread post #3 by rob55rod » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:07 pm

Davo wrote:You should also address the feet sinking in adventures.

You should also address DI parts are not shareable.

Also, you should add the proper install order for those here looking for that fix.

Just a suggestion, delete this post if needed, if i were on a pc i would fix it, but my pc is in the garage and wont return here til i buy a 200' Ethernet cable ha

Heh, thanks for the advice. I'll add those things right now. I've never had to patch Core Spore to run DI, so I might add that patching Core Spore is optional, but recommended. Also, the new Sporepedia model for DI 9.r has no pedestal, so that way the foot sinkage is...less bothersome. Hopefully EMD's SporeModder tool will facilitate the creation of fixed models for the feet. Hopefully.

Private

Private

Aylin1

Unread post #4 by Aylin1 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:20 am

If I only use the basic Spore parts, my friends can't see my creation! How I can fix that? please do not be angry again

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #5 by rob55rod » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:17 am

Aylin1 wrote:If I only use the basic Spore parts, my friends can't see my creation! How I can fix that? please do not be angry again

Umm...did you violate the complexity limit? Are you using parts from legit expansions (Galactic Adventures, Creepy and Cute, Exoskeleton Limbs) your friend doesn't own? Are you using the Bot parts from Dark Injection? More info please. Always give every detail you can, even if it doesn't seem like it would be relevant.

Private

Private

Aylin1

Unread post #6 by Aylin1 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:45 am

Complexity limit: Yes I have considered it.
Expansion compatibility: My friends own all expansions... it will not appear on Spore.com.
Bot Parts: No, haven't got Bot Parts. Because it doesn't work. (It blocks my already downloaded creations.)

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #7 by rob55rod » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:50 am

Aylin1 wrote:Complexity limit: Yes I have considered it.
Expansion compatibility: My friends own all expansions... it will not appear on Spore.com.
Bot Parts: No, haven't got Bot Parts. Because it doesn't work. (It blocks my already downloaded creations.)

Then I have no idea.

First Class

First Class

DarkEdgeTV

Unread post #8 by DarkEdgeTV » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:07 pm

Aylin1 wrote:If I only use the basic Spore parts, my friends can't see my creation! How I can fix that? please do not be angry again

When you say Core Spore parts, do you mean without expansions, as well as NO mods? Pure 100% Vanilla Spore?

The issue your friends encounter - Do they try to view your creation in game, and are met with an error that says something along the lines of "Requires Core Spore Parts"?

If so, this is a common error. According to a lot of posts I am seeing, those that are struggling to view Core Spore creations are advised to reinstall their entire copies of Spore in the following order; spore>patch 5.1>c&c>GA>patch 5.1 again

If they do not have C&C or GA, simply skip the step.

I hope this helps.

Private

Private

Aylin1

Unread post #9 by Aylin1 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:10 am

Oh I use Spore with Steam... is that a problem?

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #10 by rob55rod » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:28 am

Aylin1 wrote:Oh I use Spore with Steam... is that a problem?

Yes, it's a problem, though I don't know if it's the problem.

Recruit

Recruit

Collapsix

Unread post #11 by Collapsix » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:16 pm

Hey Rob55rod, nice to know this is still a continuing mod. I'd just like to ask about my problem, which is that when in creature editor, the camera zooms out incredibly and goes off center. But here's the problem. I'm using the NC version.
I don't know if there's anything I've missed, or the mod will not work with betterspore or the CMBen's colour mod thing.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #12 by rob55rod » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Collapsix wrote:Hey Rob55rod, nice to know this is still a continuing mod. I'd just like to ask about my problem, which is that when in creature editor, the camera zooms out incredibly and goes off center. But here's the problem. I'm using the NC version.
I don't know if there's anything I've missed, or the mod will not work with BetterSpore or the CamBen's colour mod thing.

Odd. BetterSpore could cause some problems. What variant of the game are you using? Disk, Origin,or Steam?

Recruit

Recruit

Collapsix

Unread post #13 by Collapsix » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Well Spore is on Origin, and GA and Creepy and cute I believe are on disks... Although I have to be a noob and say I don't quite know where the program data is to check it out.. (it's obviously in the default save place, I just don't know where)
EDIT: nevermind, found it. Both GA and the original are origin games and the CC pack is from a disk.
Last edited by Collapsix on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #14 by rob55rod » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:10 pm

Collapsix wrote:Well Spore is on Origin, and GA and Creepy and cute I believe are on disks... Although I have to be a noob and say I don't quite know where the program data is to check it out.. (it's obviously in the default save place, I just don't know where)

Core Spore: C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/SPORE/Data
Creepy & Cute: C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/SPORE_BP1/Data
Galactic Adventures: C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/SPORE_EP1/Data

Recruit

Recruit

Collapsix

Unread post #15 by Collapsix » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:11 pm

WOw you were quick. I had already found it, it was in the Origin Games folder.
Check the post again, I edited it.
Should I try again without betterspore, I suppose? Is there any optimal way I should set out the folders and the packages? I put the packages in the GA folder.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #16 by rob55rod » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:19 pm

Collapsix wrote:WOw you were quick. I had already found it, it was in the Origin Games folder.
Check the post again, I edited it.
Should I try again without betterspore, I suppose? Is there any optimal way I should set out the folders and the packages? I put the packages in the GA folder.

Try unpacking 2013_DI_NC_9.package with SporeMaster, delete the "editor_cameras~" folder. If that doesn't help, do the same for "editor_setup~". If you can't do that, I'll do it when I get home tonight. Actually, I might do that anyways, and add it to the OP for this thread, so I can just link the file.

Recruit

Recruit

Collapsix

Unread post #17 by Collapsix » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Whhat if there is no editor-cameras folder?
I can't see any link if you did that, apologies I cannot see haha. The editor-setup is there though, so I will try and delete that.
EDIT: Nope, it still does the thing. If this helps, it does only do this when playing the creature stage. When playing the creature editor from the menu with all the parts, it does not do this.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #18 by rob55rod » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:14 pm

Collapsix wrote:Whhat if there is no editor-cameras folder?
I can't see any link if you did that, apologies I cannot see haha. The editor-setup is there though, so I will try and delete that.
EDIT: Nope, it still does the thing. If this helps, it does only do this when playing the creature stage. When playing the creature editor from the menu with all the parts, it does not do this.

Oh. My bad, I think "Editor_Cameras~" would show up under the name "#40410100" for you. Delete that. If that doesn't work either, try this. It's a patch I developed. If that doesn't fix it either, I have no idea what else to suggest.

Recruit

Recruit

Collapsix

Unread post #19 by Collapsix » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:28 pm

rob55rod wrote:

Oh. My bad, I think "Editor_Cameras~" would show up under the name "#40410100" for you. Delete that. If that doesn't work either, try this. It's a patch I developed. If that doesn't fix it either, I have no idea what else to suggest.

So do I need to delete all of the EditorCamera files shown here? http://puu.sh/cHpLP/83fc93fef0.png
I did try adding in the patch before doing this which did not work, although I wasn't sure whether it needs to go in GA or the spore folder.
http://puu.sh/cHpNH/c662cb5816.png here's the spore data folder,
http://puu.sh/cHpPF/aea0638576.png here's the spore folder,
http://puu.sh/cHpRi/30cdccfe28.png and here's the spore GA folder, if this helps.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread post #20 by rob55rod » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Collapsix wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

So do I need to delete all of the EditorCamera files shown here? http://puu.sh/cHpLP/83fc93fef0.png
I did try adding in the patch before doing this which did not work, although I wasn't sure whether it needs to go in GA or the spore folder.
http://puu.sh/cHpNH/c662cb5816.png here's the spore data folder,
http://puu.sh/cHpPF/aea0638576.png here's the spore folder,
http://puu.sh/cHpRi/30cdccfe28.png and here's the spore GA folder, if this helps.

Yes, those files, and you might as well delete the folder itself, too.

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”