Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
GigiBarosss
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:38 am

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by GigiBarosss »

rob55rod wrote:
GigiBarosss wrote:Sorry it was the core interface from DI, i swiched to the full Darkspore version and now i have 2 outfiters and in 1 clothes will show stats.
Yeah, sorry about that...already fixed for the next release.
GigiBarosss wrote:But 1 more problem persists. i conquered all the others tribe by converting to my religion (social victory) but although it says i got theyr clothes and buildings. i only get the buildings. So im stuck with the beginning gear, meaning i dont get gear with better stats when i conquer them. The ones in second row in the attached pictures, ware there from the begining, witch shouldnt be. If im not mistaken it should be more the 2 rows of clothes there.
Pls help.
Known bug, investigation ongoing. Disabling the new categories in the outfitter may help, if it's not too late. I'm not sure tbh...
Thx for replying.
How do i disable them in the outfiter and willl i be able to enable them again?
User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Gender:

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

GigiBarosss wrote:Thx for replying.
How do i disable them in the outfiter and willl i be able to enable them again?
The same way you switched to the Full Darkspore GUI, just use the DI Configurator. And yes, you can re-enable them later.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
LokiiMasaochism
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by LokiiMasaochism »

Hi Rob! I was trying to search through this thread on how to get the Steam GA to work, though rarely found an answer.

I currently have GA 3.1.0.22 installed as well as Spore 1.3.0.22 and I did read that a patch for 5.1+ is required. I used the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer (it said it even updated to the current version) to install DI. However, GA no longer boots up properly and now gives me exception errors that I can open in notepad, and a notable exception:

[Application info]
Language: C++
Compiler: Microsoft Visual C++ compiler, version 1500
App path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Spore\SporeBin\SporeApp.exe
App version: 1.3.0.22

[Exception info]
date: 04-02-20
time: 23.13.56
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x000010fc
address: 0x01005704 "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Spore\SporeBin\SporeApp.exe":0x0001:0x00874704

Is this exception linked to the lack of the patch, or is it trouble with steam? Spore is unaffected by this, and only GA won't open and run.
ModdedSporeman
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:05 pm

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by ModdedSporeman »

Hello! I would like to know if Dark Injection is compatible with Titanspore. Is it?
0blivionus
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by 0blivionus »

i've installed dark injection (using Mod API and etc) and when i open the game it shows me an error message that tells me to close the game and open it whit mod api, but i'm already using it i aquired spore via Steam and i've tried to unistall and reistall the game and the galaxy esplorer patch
what i'm doing wrong?
User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Gender:

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

0blivionus wrote:i've installed dark injection (using Mod API and etc) and when i open the game it shows me an error message that tells me to close the game and open it whit mod api, but i'm already using it i aquired spore via Steam and i've tried to unistall and reistall the game and the galaxy esplorer patch
what i'm doing wrong?
You're using the Steam version of Spore. Don't.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
User avatar
Langooseondaloose!
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Langooseondaloose! »

I get this message
Image

But I've also done this
Image

But I'm still getting the same admin issue message whenever I try to open up the game. :?
Who let the langoose out? Me.
User avatar
Scootgami
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Scootgami »

When I had opened the game--with the mod installed--it worked alright (save for a few crashes, but they weren't that bothersome as I save frequently). However, I have purchased the Creepy and Cute pack, but noticed the parts were not in the creator, just the limbs.

I uninstalled then reinstalled the pack, but now the game does not launch with the mod when using the modAPI launcher to play said game.

How do I work my way around this? First I didn't have the C&C parts, and now the game does not launch with the mod (I'm really dumb with computers so I apologize in advance if this gets difficult :' ) ).
User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Gender:

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Langooseondaloose! wrote:I get this message
Image

But I've also done this
Image

But I'm still getting the same admin issue message whenever I try to open up the game. :?
Are you using the Windows built-in administrator account?

Scootgami wrote:When I had opened the game--with the mod installed--it worked alright (save for a few crashes, but they weren't that bothersome as I save frequently). However, I have purchased the Creepy and Cute pack, but noticed the parts were not in the creator, just the limbs.

I uninstalled then reinstalled the pack, but now the game does not launch with the mod when using the modAPI launcher to play said game.

How do I work my way around this? First I didn't have the C&C parts, and now the game does not launch with the mod (I'm really dumb with computers so I apologize in advance if this gets difficult :' ) ).
Uninstall DI, then reinstall it. Also make sure you're using the Spore ModAPI Launcher to play Spore.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
User avatar
Scootgami
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Scootgami »

rob55rod wrote:
Scootgami wrote:When I had opened the game--with the mod installed--it worked alright (save for a few crashes, but they weren't that bothersome as I save frequently). However, I have purchased the Creepy and Cute pack, but noticed the parts were not in the creator, just the limbs.

I uninstalled then reinstalled the pack, but now the game does not launch with the mod when using the modAPI launcher to play said game.

How do I work my way around this? First I didn't have the C&C parts, and now the game does not launch with the mod (I'm really dumb with computers so I apologize in advance if this gets difficult :' ) ).
Uninstall DI, then reinstall it. Also make sure you're using the Spore ModAPI Launcher to play Spore.
Thank you, the mod opens just fine (thank god oof)

Yet I still do not have access to the Creepy and Cute parts despite having it already installed. How do I work around this too?

MODERATOR EDIT: Fixed broken quote
User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Gender:

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Scootgami wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Scootgami wrote:When I had opened the game--with the mod installed--it worked alright (save for a few crashes, but they weren't that bothersome as I save frequently). However, I have purchased the Creepy and Cute pack, but noticed the parts were not in the creator, just the limbs.

I uninstalled then reinstalled the pack, but now the game does not launch with the mod when using the modAPI launcher to play said game.

How do I work my way around this? First I didn't have the C&C parts, and now the game does not launch with the mod (I'm really dumb with computers so I apologize in advance if this gets difficult :' ) ).
Uninstall DI, then reinstall it. Also make sure you're using the Spore ModAPI Launcher to play Spore.
Thank you, the mod opens just fine (thank god oof)

Yet I still do not have access to the Creepy and Cute parts despite having it already installed. How do I work around this too?
That's not a Dark Injection problem, that's a Spore problem. I don't know what the solution is.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
User avatar
Langooseondaloose!
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Langooseondaloose! »

Are you using the Windows built-in administrator account?
Ummmm, how can I tell?
Who let the langoose out? Me.
User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Gender:

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Langooseondaloose! wrote:
Are you using the Windows built-in administrator account?
Ummmm, how can I tell?
When you turn on your computer, what name do you click before you see your desktop?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
User avatar
Scootgami
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Scootgami »

I'm not sure if this is a core Spore issue or a mod issue, but after reinstalling the mod yesterday, certain sounds are absent (i.e tribe members are silent) and in tribal stage I cannot ally other tribes (they stand there and don't give requests of the instruments).

I tried reinstalling the mod again, but nothing has changed. I hope I can find a way around this for I cannot find anything on this online oof
User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Gender:

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Scootgami wrote:I'm not sure if this is a core Spore issue or a mod issue, but after reinstalling the mod yesterday, certain sounds are absent (i.e tribe members are silent) and in tribal stage I cannot ally other tribes (they stand there and don't give requests of the instruments).

I tried reinstalling the mod again, but nothing has changed. I hope I can find a way around this for I cannot find anything on this online oof
Um...do you have any other mods installed? And have you checked your audio settings?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
User avatar
Scootgami
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Scootgami »

rob55rod wrote:
Scootgami wrote:I'm not sure if this is a core Spore issue or a mod issue, but after reinstalling the mod yesterday, certain sounds are absent (i.e tribe members are silent) and in tribal stage I cannot ally other tribes (they stand there and don't give requests of the instruments).

I tried reinstalling the mod again, but nothing has changed. I hope I can find a way around this for I cannot find anything on this online oof
Um...do you have any other mods installed? And have you checked your audio settings?
I only have Dark Injections installed and all sound settings are on
User avatar
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Posts: 4081
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Gender:

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Scootgami wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Scootgami wrote:I'm not sure if this is a core Spore issue or a mod issue, but after reinstalling the mod yesterday, certain sounds are absent (i.e tribe members are silent) and in tribal stage I cannot ally other tribes (they stand there and don't give requests of the instruments).

I tried reinstalling the mod again, but nothing has changed. I hope I can find a way around this for I cannot find anything on this online oof
Um...do you have any other mods installed? And have you checked your audio settings?
I only have Dark Injections installed and all sound settings are on
Hm...does the problem persist if you turn off all of Dark Injection's features?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
User avatar
Scootgami
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat May 30, 2020 12:15 pm

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Scootgami »

rob55rod wrote:
Scootgami wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Um...do you have any other mods installed? And have you checked your audio settings?
I only have Dark Injections installed and all sound settings are on
Hm...does the problem persist if you turn off all of Dark Injection's features?
Do you mean uninstalling the mod? If so I have tried that and it hasn't changed.

Would uninstalling the game itself work?
User avatar
Langooseondaloose!
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Langooseondaloose! »

rob55rod wrote:When you turn on your computer, what name do you click before you see your desktop?
So it's the name I click when I turn on my computer? That must be my admin account then. Now that I know, what do I do now?
Who let the langoose out? Me.
xfreakazoidx
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Poster of the New User Apocalypse
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:33 pm

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by xfreakazoidx »

Hi! My first time on here. Been playing Spore forever. So a few days ago I installed Spore (and Spore Galactic Adventures) (from Origin). This is a new hard drive if it helps so never been installed on it before. I downloaded Dark Injector and the Spore API. Installed DI no problem. But in game nothings seems to have changed like in the examples it gives you during installation. Did I do something wrong?

On a side note, does the complexity part of the mod let you use UFOs (for example) that are over the complexity limit? I know back then you couldn't. Thanks
Post Reply

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”