Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
UniverseKeeper2
Cell
Cell

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by UniverseKeeper2 »

Snaid1 wrote:
UniverseKeeper2 wrote:Nothing? :/ I understand if it's a weird glitch that has no fix at the moment but no reply?
I think it's more the timing of your last post caused it to be missed. I had to search back in the thread to find what you asked.

What mods do you have installed? the only time I've had that issue is when I some parts mod installed that caused the crash. removing the mod with the issue solved the problem. unfortunately there's no easy way to find out without just removing things until you find what's causing the crash.
Ah I see, I was worried I upset the mod lol. I fixed the problem ^^ had to reinstall games in order and reupdated them, now everything works! :) Though I have to say that DavoUnlimitedBoundries mod doesn't seem compatible with DI v9 sadly :/, I have tried the installer and no luck.

"I'm just trying to enjoy Spore"
UniverseKeeper2
Cell
Cell

Unread post by UniverseKeeper2 »

rob55rod wrote:
Snaid1 wrote:
UniverseKeeper2 wrote:Nothing? :/ I understand if it's a weird glitch that has no fix at the moment but no reply?
I think it's more the timing of your last post caused it to be missed. I had to search back in the thread to find what you asked.

What mods do you have installed? the only time I've had that issue is when I some parts mod installed that caused the crash. removing the mod with the issue solved the problem. unfortunately there's no easy way to find out without just removing things until you find what's causing the crash.
Actually I did see the post, but didn't reply here because I'd already replied to the actual bug report: viewtopic.php?f=174&p=32154#p32154
My bad o7, are you able to see my other reply (to the other responder that is) I feel it would be spam to copy and paste the same exact response.
"I'm just trying to enjoy Spore"
antl0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by antl0 »

Hi i have question, its dark injection compatibility with platinum spore and others mod? And where can be problem with compatibility, What do I need to specifically watch?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

antl0 wrote:Hi i have question, its dark injection compatibility with platinum spore and others mod? And where can be problem with compatibility, What do I need to specifically watch?
Actually yes, I believe they are compatible.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
antl0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by antl0 »

rob55rod wrote:
antl0 wrote:Hi i have question, its dark injection compatibility with platinum spore and others mod? And where can be problem with compatibility, What do I need to specifically watch?
Actually yes, I believe they are compatible.
What could be a compatibility issue when I want mods. Sorry for my english i use google translater
Not_Jameskii
Hatchling
Hatchling

Dark Injection Mod

Unread post by Not_Jameskii »

Hi! I was just wondering if I'm able to run Vanilla Galactic Adventures without DI. If so, then can you tell me how? Thanks! :D
Signed, Not_Jameskii.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Dark Injection Mod

Not_Jameskii wrote:Hi! I was just wondering if I'm able to run Vanilla Galactic Adventures without DI. If so, then can you tell me how? Thanks! :D
...are you asking how to uninstall DI, or how to disable all of its features?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
poppy2391
Cell
Cell

Unread post by poppy2391 »

Will there have unlimited comepexilty? Sorry my bad spelling.
Veteran Spore Player. Compelete all Stages on hard, and almost have all badges. Created many monsters and other mores.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

poppy2391 wrote:Will there have unlimited comepexilty? Sorry my bad spelling.
DI already has unlimited complexity.

glowypants
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by glowypants »

Hey I suck at forums entirely, but I really need help. So before my PC was wiped, I was able to install Dark Injection completely fine, but that was also before the site was updated. So now that I have the ModAPI installer, I tried it on other mods and it works fine. However when I try to install Dark Injections, it says it requires higher elevation. I've already read another post on here saying that you need to run it as administrator, but the thing is I run everything as administrator, and it still says it requires higher elevation. I don't know if this has to do with anything, but in the installation video, the DI file is a .rar file, but the one I installed from the official site is a .sporemod file. Please help asap, thank you for your time.
poppy2391
Cell
Cell

Unread post by poppy2391 »

rob55rod wrote:
poppy2391 wrote:Will there have unlimited comepexilty? Sorry my bad spelling.
DI already has unlimited complexity.
Oh thank!
Veteran Spore Player. Compelete all Stages on hard, and almost have all badges. Created many monsters and other mores.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

glowypants wrote:Hey I suck at forums entirely, but I really need help. So before my PC was wiped, I was able to install Dark Injection completely fine, but that was also before the site was updated. So now that I have the ModAPI installer, I tried it on other mods and it works fine. However when I try to install Dark Injections, it says it requires higher elevation. I've already read another post on here saying that you need to run it as administrator, but the thing is I run everything as administrator, and it still says it requires higher elevation. I don't know if this has to do with anything, but in the installation video, the DI file is a .rar file, but the one I installed from the official site is a .sporemod file. Please help asap, thank you for your time.
Nope, it was never a .rar file. To clarify, you have to run the ModAPI Easy Installer as an Administrator.

Someone on SMC had the same problem the other day, so let's hope the solution is the same too, lol.

Not_Jameskii
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Not_Jameskii »

rob55rod wrote:
Not_Jameskii wrote:Hi! I was just wondering if I'm able to run Vanilla Galactic Adventures without DI. If so, then can you tell me how? Thanks! :D
I'm wondering if I can disable all of its features
Signed, Not_Jameskii.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Not_Jameskii wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
I'm wondering if I can disable all of its features
Run the ModAPI Easy Uninstaller as an Administrator, click the center of the gear icon next to Dark Injection, uncheck everything, and click "Apply".

Note that there are a few features which currently cannot be disabled (nothing major though), but I am working on that.

SilverGallium
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SilverGallium »

Hey! I seem to be having trouble getting Dark Injections to work.

Since my CD copies of :spore:, :cc: and :ga: no longer seem to work on my computer, I purchased all three for Christmas on Steam and immediately tried to reinstall :rp: and :di:. Immediately, the game didn't work properly; I could launch :spore: + :cc:, :spore: + :ga:, or :spore: alone, but not all at at once. Only :ex: and :rp: would show up across all versions.

After wrestling with it over Boxing Day night and a lot of this morning; uninstalling the game, its expansions and the mod in order; and repeatedly telling Steam to verify the game cache to no avail; I found out the old files from when I was able to play the game via CD sitting around in the Electronic Arts folder in Program Files (x86). This was not only interfering with the Steam game's files, but also where the installer was sending the files for :di:. Once I moved the Data and DataEP1 files and other such things over from the Disc install to the Steam install and deleted everything else, I found I could get the 2012 version of the mod to run, though since most of the parts were invisible and the camera was off-center, I deleted them and went with the newest :di: install. Now, everything is in the game when launched from the entry for :ga: in my Steam library, and the newest version of the mod changes the UI as intended, but the game crashes shortly after startup! It's the closest I've gotten so far, but certainly not what I wanted.

After scouring the internet, I can't even begin to imagine what I need to do to fix this. I have the newest version of the SporeAPI, which, of course, is what I used to install the mod.
DatAxeDoe
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by DatAxeDoe »

Installed fresh copy of spore COG ran every thing as admin as per instructions here for dark injection 9.r beta 2.3.0 and get the result in the image attached. Any suggestions?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DatAxeDoe wrote:Installed fresh copy of spore COG ran every thing as admin as per instructions here for dark injection 9.r beta 2.3.0 and get the result in the image attached. Any suggestions?
Looks like the image didn't attach correctly. Any chance you could reupload it to imgur or something?

DatAxeDoe
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by DatAxeDoe »

rob55rod wrote:
DatAxeDoe wrote:Installed fresh copy of spore COG ran every thing as admin as per instructions here for dark injection 9.r beta 2.3.0 and get the result in the image attached. Any suggestions?
Looks like the image didn't attach correctly. Any chance you could reupload it to imgur or something?
https://imgur.com/a/nEedTJF

I uninstalled UIs from mod and error message was same except also said "MODAPI launcher not detected.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DatAxeDoe wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/nEedTJF

I uninstalled UIs from mod and error message was same except also said "MODAPI launcher not detected.
Alright, I've just released an update to the ModAPI Launcher which may resolve this problem. It should be installed automatically the next time you run the Spore ModAPI Launcher, Spore ModAPI Easy Installer, or Spore ModAPI Easy Uninstaller. Let me know if that does the trick.

vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

After updating to the latest verison of the ModAPI, my game's started failing to detect the ModAPI too.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1613008307
My DataEP1 folder:
DataEP1.png
My copy of the ModAPI is located in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Spore\ModAPI.

EDIT: I've found a temporary solution to this problem: Launch Spore with the launch option "-state:creatureeditor".
For some reason, launching the creature editor before reaching the main menu cancels the ModAPI detection.
Last edited by vanillacold on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”