Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
rinart73
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread postby rinart73 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi. I'm using 2015 version with camera fix.
In the creature creator I can't see levels of my abilities (for example: it was "Bite level 4", but now is "Bite") for ALL parts.
(Sorry for my poor English)

krafty
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Unread postby krafty » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:21 pm

My directory is weird i have the origins version but it is not in the ElectronicArts i don't even have that folder apparently it is in "Origin Games" is this a problem?

Also when i get the DI_NC version of this mod my screen floats away when i am playing the "story" of this game but not in the menu editor. Last and probably least the invisible parts are not invisible in the editor or walking around the test creature tab, it even cast a shadow.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:54 am

krafty wrote:My directory is weird i have the origins version but it is not in the ElectronicArts i don't even have that folder apparently it is in "Origin Games" is this a problem?

Also when i get the DI_NC version of this mod my screen floats away when i am playing the "story" of this game but not in the menu editor. Last and probably least the invisible parts are not invisible in the editor or walking around the test creature tab, it even cast a shadow.

The origin version of Spore is supposed to use that directory, so no, that isn't weird.

For the camera bug, use DI_NC_FIX.

As for the invisible parts...did you even read the OP? If not, read it. Your answer is there.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

krafty

Unread postby krafty » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:18 pm

thanks and yes i did see invisible parts subject in the faq but wanted to mention it anyway. Anyway tanks for the help I'll let you know if i have any problems.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:26 pm

krafty wrote:thanks and yes i did see invisible parts subject in the faq but wanted to mention it anyway. Anyway tanks for the help I'll let you know if i have any problems.

O...kay...?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

Fansi

Unread postby Fansi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:57 am

Hi ! Thank you for your awesome mod !
But I have a small problem with DI. I have windows 10 and I think I had correctly installed the mod. When I go to the cell editor in my game, the editor isn't in 3D but normaly in 2D. Can you help me please ?
I'm sorry my english is very poor !

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:09 am

Fansi wrote:Hi ! Thank you for your awesome mod !
But I have a small problem with DI. I have windows 10 and I think I had correctly installed the mod. When I go to the cell editor in my game, the editor isn't in 3D but normaly in 2D. Can you help me please ?
I'm sorry my english is very poor !

Dark Injection's 3D Cell editor doesn't work for some people. try using this instead: http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=117&p=24270

Fansi

Unread postby Fansi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:09 pm

Thank you very much, I had installed this mod while waiting for the solution. I don't have any idea about the origin of this problem...
Do you have some information about the come back of Spore's serveurs ?

duncandisorderly
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby duncandisorderly » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:19 pm

rob55rod wrote:Q: Why do the feet sink into the ground?
A: I have no idea. Not much I can do about it at the moment, but when EMD releases SporeModder, I might be able to fix them. Emphasis on might.

If you use invisible bones and feet, this solves the problem. Simply make an invisible leg, using a similar structure to the visible leg, so it walks the same. When you're done editing, save and exit, the creature window should show the creature without sunken feet now.
'Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.' =Terry Pratchett R.I.P.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:21 am

duncandisorderly wrote:
A: I have no idea. Not much I can do about it at the moment, but when EMD releases SporeModder, I might be able to fix them. Emphasis on might.

If you use invisible bones and feet, this solves the problem. Simply make an invisible leg, using a similar structure to the visible leg, so it walks the same. When you're done editing, save and exit, the creature window should show the creature without sunken feet now.

I am aware of that, but decided not to mention it, as that trick interferes with animations :/

But thanks anyways :lol:

duncandisorderly
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby duncandisorderly » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:40 am

rob55rod wrote:
duncandisorderly wrote:

I am aware of that, but decided not to mention it, as that trick interferes with animations :/

But thanks anyways :lol:

Having one's animations interfered with sounds serious. Also, slightly kinky, oddly enough. Since I was unaware of this happening, can you please describe what happens to my animations when they are interfered with?

The only things I have noticed is when the invisible footstep walks, you can see dust kicked up on the floor as the foot hits the ground. The other is why I mentioned matching the structure of your visible legs with the invisible ones so they walk basically the same.
'Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.' =Terry Pratchett R.I.P.

SolarSailor
Private
Private

Unread postby SolarSailor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:42 am

Hi, I was just wondering if work was still being done on DI. Honestly, I haven't been able to stop playing spore since it came out, even MORE so with all of these great mods; to be able to create nearly anything in the game has kept it at the top of my list.

I have done research to see if there's a true solution to feet sinking, looking for patches on this site, even hoping for a fix from an outer source...but I haven't been able to find anything. Being honest to myself, I'm probably missing some important information. (Duncan, your solution for the feet is VERY practical, but the legs do glitch here and there for me as well. I think I might be OCD :? )

For the love of the game, I hope you're still active with DI, Davo, Rob, CamBen, etc... If not heard too often from people, I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you for bringing this heavily misunderstood game into some light (You are TRUE Pioneers of "what could have been").

If anyone has some useful information, or just wants to talk SPORE, I'll be right here! :D

:spore: :cc: :ga: :rp: :bvf: :di:
Last edited by SolarSailor on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw
:di:

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:35 am

SolarSailor wrote:Hi, I was just wondering if work was still being done on DI. Honestly, I haven't been able to stop playing spore since it came out, even MORE so with all of these great mods; to be able to create nearly anything in the game has kept it at the top of my list.

I have done research to see if the feet sinking has been fixed, looking for patches on this site, even hoping for a fix from an outer source...but I haven't been able to find anything. Being honest to myself, I'm probably missing some important information.

For the love of the game, I hope you you're still active Davo, Rob, CamBen, etc... If not heard too often from people, I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you for bringing this heavily misunderstood game into some light (You are TRUE Pioneers of "what could have been").

If anyone has some useful information, or just wants to talk SPORE, I'll be waiting! :D

:spore: :cc: :ga: :rp: :bvf: :di:

Work is indeed still being done on Dark Injection. Davo doesn't seem to have all that much time for Spore these days, and CamBen is...eh...hopefully going to make a return sometime...but I'm still hard at work, making the next update to Dark Injection: DI 9.r!

I have a theory regarding the sinking feet issue, but development on SporeModder hasn't gotten far enough for me to be able to test it...yet.

SolarSailor
Private
Private

Unread postby SolarSailor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:51 am

Oh wow, Hi!! Very happy to have gotten a reply from THE rob55rod!

Best wishes on your theory, and I'm sure we'll figure it out soon enough. There's also this: some of my creatures have DI legs. When getting attacked by other creatures, the legs bend backwards, forwards, side to side, swing in circles... it's actually pretty funny to watch XD. To the point, im not sure if its a glitch or just a result of me having too many parts ._. Has this happened to any of your creatures? (This question also applies to ANYONE else reading this)

and DI 9.r, EXCITEMENT!!!
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will."
-George Bernard Shaw

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:25 pm

SolarSailor wrote:Oh wow, Hi!! Very happy to have gotten a reply from THE rob55rod!

Best wishes on your theory, and I'm sure we'll figure it out soon enough. There's also this: some of my creatures have DI legs. When getting attacked by other creatures, the legs bend backwards, forwards, side to side, swing in circles... it's actually pretty funny to watch XD. To the point, im not sure if its a glitch or just a result of me having too many parts ._. Has this happened to any of your creatures? (This question also applies to ANYONE else reading this)

and DI 9.r, EXCITEMENT!!!

...what? Are there other rob55rods, who are less interesting to you? .-.

Thanks for the best wishes. If my theory turns out to be wrong, then I have a (rather stupid) fix: Make all the ankles shorter. I've seen the limbs lose it like that. The exoskeleton and bot limbs do it, too, so it's not something I can fix :/

:3

SolarSailor
Private
Private

Unread postby SolarSailor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Darnit, lol. At least now I know, THE Rob :lol:

One last thing: I have a question about CamBen's Dark Genetics mod. Is there a way that I'm able to have everything in the mod EXCLUDING the alternate test drive backgrounds? Like say, If I left out one of the files?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
-George Bernard Shaw

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:18 pm

SolarSailor wrote:Darnit, lol. At least now I know, THE Rob :lol:

One last thing: I have a question about CamBen's Dark Genetics mod. Is there a way that I'm able to have everything in the mod EXCLUDING the alternate test drive backgrounds? Like say, If I left out one of the files?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I was asking if there were more rob55rods .-.

You'd have to unpack the mod, delete the "creatureeditor_backgrounds~" (or "#40607000") folder, and repack it. Give that a shot. If that's too complicated, I'll do it for you - just ask xD

SolarSailor
Private
Private

Unread postby SolarSailor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Ooooh ty lol. I'll try it using WinRAR... or by other means. If I can't figure it out, then I'll probably ask, hehe

I meant "THE Rob" In the sense of "The one and only"; You're the only rob55rod, as far as I know :mrgreen:
-George Bernard Shaw

SolarSailor
Private
Private

Unread postby SolarSailor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:36 pm

...YEP, definitely can't figure it out. My bad ._.

May I bug you for some help? :?
-George Bernard Shaw

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:49 pm

SolarSailor wrote:Ooooh ty lol. I'll try it using WinRAR... or by other means. If I can't figure it out, then I'll probably ask, hehe

I meant "THE Rob" In the sense of "The one and only"; You're the only rob55rod, as far as I know :mrgreen:

Use SporeMaster, .PACKAGE files aren't a standard format.

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”