Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

NexeusX wrote:Hey i installed Dark Injections 9 recently but, when i play in creature stage with the mod the camera on the creature editor messes up and wont fix itself...but it does work when im just casually creating. If there a solution please let me know!

And yes i followed all instructions and have galatic adventures.
Just wait for it to be fixed in an upcoming 9.r beta.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
PAS
Cell
Cell

Unread post by PAS »

rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:-snip-
-snip²-
Hello, i fixed it.
I installed all Spores via Steam, uninstalled them with Programs and Soucers(dunno if that's the name in the US)
That let me unistall Bot Parts and Creppy and Cute, except Galactic Adventures.
So i followed this Guide http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=3112620
That saved my life
And if the guide gets deleted one day, i will put it here.

The tale:
My friend once bought the Spore™ complete pack through Steam, which included all three games, being Spore™ + Spore™ Creepy & Cute parts pack + Spore™ Galactic Adventures.

However after installing each one of them, the game wouldn't load Creepy & Cute parts pack properly. There were parts missing (commonly only limbs from Creepy & Cute were available).

Apparently, upon research, this seem to be a very common issue amongst most Spore™ user.

It could be an improper installation mechanism by EA, or it could also be that you've had a pirated version of the game previously, which led to corruption of hidden files.

Unfortunately I'm awfully stubborn and couldn't leave something unfinished once I've taken a look at it. Eventually I found a way to solve this issue and I feel I should share it with everyone.

The solution:
What we would preferably want to do is to completly reinstall the game. Now this doesn't mean you'll have to uninstall the game and reinstall it. We're going on a rampage, we'll eliminate any trace of Spore™ within your hardware, to give it a fresh install of the game. We will make your hardware believe it have never encountered that game before.

First we would like to make a backup of your savegame. Some people wouldn't want to lose their progress or even more important - their creations.

Hold down Windows key on your keyboard and press R, then type in %appdata%.
Open Roaming folder and find Spore folder. Move your Spore folder to somewhere safe, your desktop would be a neat location, or put it in an external hard drive, or USB flash drive, etc.

You could also do the same to your Spore creations folder in your Documents (screenshots, recordings, etc)
C:\Users\Your username\Documents\My Spore creations

Now to start the actual procedure, -uninstall the game, and I'd suggest you use Steam uninstallation for that. Do not uninstall the game manually, despise any recommendation or advice you get. It is alot safer to uninstall it through Steam.

I'll have to apologize that the screenshots is in Swedish. Just bring your inner toddler, remember when only the visuals mattered, and the letters did not.

To do so,
Enter your Steam game library, and right click on Spore (and eventual expansion packs). See image
Click Delete Local Content... See image
Confirm the deletion. See image
Once you've done that, we'd need to delete the game entirely from your hardware's registry.

To do so,
Hold Windows key and press R.
Type in regedit, and hit OK. See image
A registry window will appear. Click on File tab, then Export. See image
Entitle your file something like "registry_backup", and make sure the export range is set to All. Save it on your desktop. See image
Now click on the arrow, or the plus icon next to the folder labelled as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. See image
Once that folder has been expanded, find SOFTWARE folder and expand that by clicking the arrow/plus icon. See image
Scroll down to Wow6432Node and expand that by clicking the arrow/plus icon. See image
Scroll further and find Electronic Arts folder, expand it by clicking the arrow/plus icon. See image
You should see EA Games folder and Spore folders.
Delete the Spore folder, and eventually Spore Creepy and Cute parts pack folder, and Spore_EP1 if you have Galactic Adventures. See image
Now while at it, expand the EA Games folder, and delete the Spore(TM) folder. See image
Contract the Electronic Arts folder, as we're done with it, by clicking the arrow/minus icon next to the folder.
Scroll down and find Microsoft folder, click the arrow/plus icon to expand it. See image
Note: There are two Microsoft folders displayed, you are supposed to click the Microsoft folder beneath the Wow6432Node folder.
Find Windows folder, and expand it by clicking arrow/plus icon. See image
Directly below it there's CurrentVersion folder, click the arrow/plus icon to expand it. See image
Scroll down and find Uninstall folder, click the arrow/plus icon to expand it. See image
Scroll far down and find folders labelled as Steam app 17390 and Steam app 17440. Delete those folders. See image
If you have Galactic Adventures, then do delete the following folder; Steam app 24720. See image

Now you are entirely done. Close the registry editor, and install your Spore™ games in Steam. Start off to install Spore base game. Once the installation finishes, start the Creepy & Cute parts pack installation, and Galactic Adventures installation. It doesn't matter which is first, they can even both install at the same time. Just make sure the base game has to be fully installed before you even consider to start the installation of the expansion packs.

This should now show every single Creepy & Cute parts ingame. Play the game through Galactic Adventures, Not Spore base game.

Additionally: Once you have confirmed to yourself that everything works properly, you are then allowed to delete the registry_backup file that we created earlier, as well as putting your savegames back where it used to be (see location above).
Hellrock
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Hellrock »

This is weird, and I'm a little clueless, but the creature editor UI is a little messed up, like, the list for the types of parts is in the middle of the creature parts, while the naming bar is in the middle of the description bar. Is it just that the UI being unfinished, or that I did not install DI properly? :|

EDIT: For clarification, I have GA patched to 1.5.1, and I don't have the C&C.

Since I don't have C&C, I use the mouths in CamBen's Parts Pack instead, and I don't really like how they're colored yellow now, it kinda messed up some of my creatures who use the mouths :(
Last edited by Hellrock on Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Hellrock wrote:This is weird, but the creature editor UI is a little messed up, like, the list for the types of parts is in the middle of the creature parts, while the naming bar is in the middle of the description bar. Is it just that the UI being unfinished, or that I did not install DI properly? :|
Huh? Can I get a screenshot of that?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Hellrock
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Hellrock »

rob55rod wrote:
Hellrock wrote:This is weird, but the creature editor UI is a little messed up, like, the list for the types of parts is in the middle of the creature parts, while the naming bar is in the middle of the description bar. Is it just that the UI being unfinished, or that I did not install DI properly? :|

I'm gonna be busy at the moment, so brb.

Also, I'm new here, how do I upload a screenshot?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Hellrock wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

I'm gonna be busy at the moment, so brb.

Also, I'm new here, how do I upload a screenshot?
Nvm. After more closely examining your words, I think I've figured out what you were getting at.
Yeah, that's just the mod being unfinished. I've greatly improved some aspects of it for beta 2...still not perfect, though...

Apocalyptichorse
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Apocalyptichorse »

Hello! I made an account just to post

So, I installed the beta version but the camera is way off centered in creature creation (in campain mode that is) I tried downgrading and the patch you linked in another post but no result. I'm not using any other mods so no conflicts.

I'm using the disc version of everything, except creepy and cute that is the only one I had to pirate because I lost the disc for it :c could that be the problem?
Apocalyptichorse
Cell
Cell

oops, sorry for the double post, my wifi hates me X_X
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Apocalyptichorse wrote:Hello! I made an account just to post

So, I installed the beta version but the camera is way off centered in creature creation (in campain mode that is) I tried downgrading and the patch you linked in another post but no result. I'm not using any other mods so no conflicts.

I'm using the disc version of everything, except creepy and cute that is the only one I had to pirate because I lost the disc for it :c could that be the problem?
Actually, that's just a bug in the latest public beta of 9.r :lol:

Apocalyptichorse
Cell
Cell

Alright, I thought it might be due to the fact I pirated the CC pack due to the site saying it might not work on pirated versions XD. But thanks for the reply, I'll just learn to live with it till the next update :3 and go on a massive creation spree muwhahaha I'm loving all these new parts!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Apocalyptichorse wrote:Alright, I thought it might be due to the fact I pirated the CC pack due to the site saying it might not work on pirated versions XD.
Yeah no :lol:
Apocalyptichorse wrote:But thanks for the reply, I'll just learn to live with it till the next update :3
Your tolerance is appreciated.
Apocalyptichorse wrote:and go on a massive creation spree muwhahaha I'm loving all these new parts!
Alright, can't wait to see what you come up with! (If you intend to post it in the Creator Corner, that is :lol: )

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Static696 »

Are you ever going to make a mod that fixes the BAD_DATA issue in the game? (p.s your mods are AMAAAAAZING :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o )
I think it should replace any creature, planet, star system etc. to something like 'planet a' or a random word like 'planet molquip' or something like that?

Also the unlimited complexity and endless bounds mod is not working for me, any solutions?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:Are you ever going to make a mod that fixes the BAD_DATA issue in the game? (p.s your mods are AMAAAAAZING :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o )
I think it should replace any creature, planet, star system etc. to something like 'planet a' or a random word like 'planet molquip' or something like that?

Also the unlimited complexity and endless bounds mod is not working for me, any solutions?
This belongs in a new thread. Please don't post it in this thread, as it has nothing to do with Dark Injection, and this is a Dark Injection troubleshooting thread.

TheCluckingDuck
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by TheCluckingDuck »

I use Core Spore (because my DVD drive is broken) to play with Dark Injection, and I have the glitch where the camera is screwed up.

I tried both methods of trying to fix this, neither of them worked. Is there any other method to fix this?
sandwich kingdom
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheCluckingDuck wrote:I use Core Spore (because my DVD drive is broken) to play with Dark Injection, and I have the glitch where the camera is screwed up.

I tried both methods of trying to fix this, neither of them worked. Is there any other method to fix this?
Yes, Get your DVD Drive fixed, or transfer your game to Origin and reinstall.

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

I got the 2013_DI_NC.package that adds the new background in the creature creator and unlimited complexity... but when I go on a star and do the mating call thingy then go into the creator the camera is all messed up and I can barely see my character also the new background is gone and I have limited complexity. :x :shock:

any help :?:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:I got the 2013_DI_NC.package that adds the new background in the creature creator and unlimited complexity... but when I go on a star and do the mating call thingy then go into the creator the camera is all messed up and I can barely see my character also the new background is gone and I have limited complexity. :x :shock:

any help :?:
Use 2015_DI_NC_Fix instead.

G4DG37
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by G4DG37 »

Is there any way edit the UI ourselves??? I run my game at a 1440 x 900 so the group selection in the creature creator is a little lower than I'm sure its suppose to be...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

G4DG37 wrote:Is there any way edit the UI ourselves??? I run my game at a 1440 x 900 so the group selection in the creature creator is a little lower than I'm sure its suppose to be...
Yeah, that's a bug. Funny thing is, that's exactly what I've been working on over the past few days :lol:

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

same
Attachments
spore_dark_injections_problems.png
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”