Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by ThatDaisy »

strangerthings80 wrote:I like the parts in dark injection but i dont like how it looks, how do i make it look like old spore but have the modded parts?
The installer let's you pick your UI and background. This includes being able to select the default UI and background.

strangerthings80
Cell
Cell

Unread post by strangerthings80 »

ThatDemonDavid wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:I like the parts in dark injection but i dont like how it looks, how do i make it look like old spore but have the modded parts?
The installer let's you pick your UI and background. This includes being able to select the default UI and background.
i got the manual installation but i will uninstall it and get the other one thanks!
Brightski
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Brightski »

I Installed Dark Injection with Spore mod-api half a year ago, and cant use spore mod-api easy uninstaller to configure the settings.

Help?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Brightski wrote:I Installed Dark Injection with Spore mod-api half a year ago, and cant use spore mod-api easy uninstaller to configure the settings.
"Can't" why? What does happen?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
dab
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by dab »

Even after installing the corresponding addons, the game still forces Core Spore versions of parts to have DI textures. Is there a fix for this?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

dab wrote:Even after installing the corresponding addons, the game still forces Core Spore versions of parts to have DI textures. Is there a fix for this?
Okay...that's not supposed to happen...
a) "corresponding addons"?
b) Did you install the mod manually or using the Installer?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Brightski
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Brightski wrote:I Installed Dark Injection with Spore mod-api half a year ago, and cant use spore mod-api easy uninstaller to configure the settings.
I open easy uninstaller on admin, and only other mods i have installed show up on the UI it opens, not DI or another old epic play mod.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Brightski wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
I open easy uninstaller on admin, and only other mods i have installed show up on the UI it opens, not DI or another old epic play mod.
Odd...did you redownload the ModAPI Launcher at some point after installing DI? That would likely cause what you're experiencing.

...in any case, installing DI through the Easy Installer again should restore the Dark Injection entry in the Easy Uninstaller. Generally you shouldn't do this if you can avoid it, but in this particular case, it should be fine.

Brightski
Cell
Cell

I did reinstall DI and it has not changed to the setting i asked for, might need to try something else if possible. I also have one other question. Why do most of the darkspore abilities not work? They just do the default attacks. What i mean by abilities is the last page of the section that includes the balls that give attacks and diplomatic abilities without having to include the actual parts. Cheers!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Brightski wrote:I did reinstall DI and it has not changed to the setting i asked for, might need to try something else if possible.
Okay, that might just be a bug in the installer. Which option didn't update correctly?
Brightski wrote:I also have one other question. Why do most of the darkspore abilities not work? They just do the default attacks. What i mean by abilities is the last page of the section that includes the balls that give attacks and diplomatic abilities without having to include the actual parts. Cheers!
...uh
Can you provide a screenshot of the page in question?

Brightski
Cell
Cell

How do i provide an image? I have a screenshot copied but i can't paste it. Im talking about the tab which symbol is like a yellow wheel with core spore UI on.

Also, the DI reinstall shows the UI but when i set the changes and press "Apply" they still keep my previous choices.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Brightski wrote:How do i provide an image? I have a screenshot copied but i can't paste it. Im talking about the tab which symbol is like a yellow wheel with core spore UI on.
Upload it to imgur or something.
Brightski wrote:Also, the DI reinstall shows the UI but when i set the changes and press "Apply" they still keep my previous choices.
What UI are you switching from, and which to?

Brightski
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Brightski wrote:How do i provide an image? I have a screenshot copied but i can't paste it. Im talking about the tab which symbol is like a yellow wheel with core spore UI on.
Upload it to imgur or something.
Brightski wrote:Also, the DI reinstall shows the UI but when i set the changes and press "Apply" they still keep my previous choices.
What UI are you switching from, and which to?
Im trying to switch from core spore UI and editor to Darkspore UI and hero editor. Also keeping core spore UI sounds and turning off Darkspore Core and C&C Part copies pages and keeping everything else on.

Also, I dont have an Imgur account. But i can try to locate the page for you. 3rd page of the top bar, the middle top thing (Looks sort of like a wheel or a Civilization window) and on the last page of the section. basically where the Darkspore ability parts are.

Edit: I can list off some of the abilities on that page that work: (if it helps) Blasin' Tasin', Seamonster Headbutt, Toxic Barf and there's one in the robotic page of details called "Netwing" (at the bottom of the page).
Azpher-Omega
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Azpher-Omega »

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm unsure on how to fix the muddy textures (which I think is the problem? I mean, there's no difference between setting all graphics to high instead of low, if that's what 'muddy' is supposed to mean) The FAQ here says to update Dark Injections to the latest public build which... Shouldn't I have? I literally just downloaded it, how could I not be on the latest public build...? Unless you mean the latest public spore build?
Please help, thanks. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Azpher-Omega wrote:Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm unsure on how to fix the muddy textures (which I think is the problem? I mean, there's no difference between setting all graphics to high instead of low, if that's what 'muddy' is supposed to mean) The FAQ here says to update Dark Injections to the latest public build which... Shouldn't I have? I literally just downloaded it, how could I not be on the latest public build...? Unless you mean the latest public spore build?
Please help, thanks. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
The FAQ does refer to the latest build of Dark Injection, but regarding an entirely different issue...specifically, the nonsensical paint colour mapping seen on many parts in most previous releases.

The issue you describe has nothing to do with Dark Injection, instead being entirely a result of Spore's age and resulting inability to recognize graphics cards made within the past 5 years or so. Try this: http://spore.boards.net/thread/21

UniverseKeeper2
Cell
Cell

Unread post by UniverseKeeper2 »

I've got a bit of a stickler, when I'm trying to get into creature edit via mating ingame it crashes. Any suggestions?
"I'm just trying to enjoy Spore"
strangerthings80
Cell
Cell

Hey I like the DI parts in the creature creator but is there a way to stop them from being parts you can find in bones and stuff in the normal spore game mode?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

strangerthings80 wrote:Hey I like the DI parts in the creature creator but is there a way to stop them from being parts you can find in bones and stuff in the normal spore game mode?
Yes, just use the DI Configurator to disable the categories you don't want to be able to unlock ingame.

strangerthings80
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
strangerthings80 wrote:Hey I like the DI parts in the creature creator but is there a way to stop them from being parts you can find in bones and stuff in the normal spore game mode?
Yes, just use the DI Configurator to disable the categories you don't want to be able to unlock ingame.
Ok Thank you
strangerthings80
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Is there any other way because I did the manual installation
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”