Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
Agraael
Cell
Cell

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Agraael »

Hi guys , i'm glad to see that after many years , modding on spore is still living.
Nice job
Anyway i just tried the lastest version of DarkInjection and ..... some is troubling me ...
I installed it manually , no problem ... but all file in DATA_EP1 , so i had color bug with core part , like origina eyes .
i made a creation and after that saw this problem ... and put zArenas_RDX9 and" zArenas_Textures" in DATA.

but i lost the depth tool for creature part like this -> Image
the cube arrrow !
but no more problem with core part's colors.

making my creation completely messed-up

I found out that is was "zArenas_Textures" who did that ..
I unpacked it and i'm trying to find , where does this problem come from

btw ... i'm trying to find a mod for infinite size for parts , (where u can make arm so tiny that they become invisible)
or something that add captain ability without model (for blaster animation without hidding the gun somewhere)
if u guys have any idea about that ?

Anyway sry for my english
good work guys , keep it up

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Agraael wrote:Hi guys , i'm glad to see that after many years , modding on spore is still living.
Nice job
Anyway i just tried the lastest version of DarkInjection and ..... some is troubling me ...
I installed it manually , no problem ... but all file in DATA_EP1 , so i had color bug with core part , like origina eyes .
i made a creation and after that saw this problem ... and put zArenas_RDX9 and" zArenas_Textures" in DATA.

the cube arrrow !

Yes, sounds like everything is working as intended. The nudge handles are available on the Darkspore-textured copies of most of the Core Spore and Creepy and Cute detail parts.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Agraael
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Agraael »

rob55rod wrote:
Agraael wrote:Hi guys , i'm glad to see that after many years , modding on spore is still living.
Nice job

the cube arrrow !

Yes, sounds like everything is working as intended. The nudge handles are available on the Darkspore-textured copies of most of the Core Spore and Creepy and Cute detail parts.
My bad , it's been a long time since i played spore , so the core part didn't had nudge handles , you had those ... allright
so it's seems like "CB_Color_pack" use core part to make the colored one , since the core part where replace by the Darkspore-textured copies (with nudge handles) , they had the same property.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Agraael wrote:My bad , it's been a long time since i played spore , so the core part didn't had nudge handles , you had those ... allright
so it's seems like "CB_Color_pack" use core part to make the colored one , since the core part where replace by the Darkspore-textured copies (with nudge handles) , they had the same property.
Oh that...yeah, I've been working on an update to CamBen's Color Pack to address that issue...

EDIT: There, it's out.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Genatro
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Genatro »

Every time I get a part of the Dark Injection, the game crash (I use Steam)
So when you want to play a good game, play Spore! :spore:
Zaire82
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Zaire82 »

When i try to launch anything downloaded from this site it says either "SporeTM needs to be installed" or "The request operation requires elevation". I honestly don't know what causes this. And this is the steam version of Spore I have, I also have GA and all the components.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Zaire82 wrote:When i try to launch anything downloaded from this site it says either "SporeTM needs to be installed" or "The request operation requires elevation". I honestly don't know what causes this. And this is the steam version of Spore I have, I also have GA and all the components.
Oh...
Zaire82 wrote:"SporeTM needs to be installed"
That occurs when you attempt to use the offline patch installers with the Steam version of the game. That...doesn't work. Steam Spore does patches through Steam, so you already have the latest patch.

Zaire82 wrote:"The request operation requires elevation"
Whatever that is, run it as Administrator.

gemboundprism
Cell
Cell

Unread post by gemboundprism »

How do I change the UI back to Core Spore? (aka how do i open up that thing that pops up after using the mod API, i think it may or may not be called the setup?)
Edit: Figured it out but I'm still curious as to why the Shimmer UI can't scroll.
Izno_Buddy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Izno_Buddy »

i just want to know how to get rid of it, i was interested in the concept of more parts but the changes it made weren't my cup of tea and i cant find out how to remove it
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Izno_Buddy wrote:i just want to know how to get rid of it, i was interested in the concept of more parts but the changes it made weren't my cup of tea and i cant find out how to remove it
Why not just turn off the features you don't want?

JordanB500
Cell
Cell

Unread post by JordanB500 »

for some reason when i install di v8 or v9 i cant find any parts other then the ones already in game and for some reason di seems to override the robot parts section of creature parts(the one that is included in patch 6)

idk if im supposed to unlock every part by finding piles of bones or what if anyone knows please reply
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

JordanB500 wrote:for some reason when i install di v8 or v9
Why are you using such old versions of DI?

JordanB500
Cell
Cell

well i mean v8 and 9.r the current beta i used v8 cuz i had trouble with v9.r and cuz i heard it was less buggy
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

JordanB500 wrote:well i mean v8 and 9.r the current beta i used v8 cuz i had trouble with v9.r and cuz i heard it was less buggy
V9.R is not that buggy at all to be honest. I'd recommend it greatly over V8
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:
JordanB500 wrote:well i mean v8 and 9.r the current beta i used v8 cuz i had trouble with v9.r and cuz i heard it was less buggy
V9.R is not that buggy at all to be honest. I'd recommend it greatly over V8
Agreed. In fact, I've had people say that DI 9.r is less buggy than DI 9. (Which admittedly isn't saying much, as DI 9 is a mess, but still...)

Plus, DI 9.r isn't "finished" per se, so the bugs that exist now aren't here to stay, and the build of DI 9.r you tried whenever you tried it may not be the current build, there may be a newer one out, with some of those bugs fixed. I've been trying to release new public builds atleast every six months, although the added complexity of learning to use the ModAPI may well delay the release of the next build...

JordanB500
Cell
Cell

if i am indeed using an out of date build could you give me a link to the latest build cuz atm im usin 2.1.6

also i have the gog version of spore including dr pepper bot parts would that affect anything?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

JordanB500 wrote:if i am indeed using an out of date build could you give me a link to the latest build cuz atm im usin 2.1.6
2.1.6 is the latest build of DI 9.r, yes.
JordanB500 wrote:also i have the gog version of spore including dr pepper bot parts would that affect anything?
No.

However, if the bugs are that bad, don't you think it would be a logical course of action to report them? I put a button to do exactly that right there on the Galaxy menu, so don't try to convince me you didn't realize that was an option.

JordanB500
Cell
Cell

idk if its a bug or what but first of all when i install the latest version of di it does one of a few things #1 does not add parts for creature stage just ones from later stages and ga #2 sometimes the ui and text does not overlap correctly i see text on a ui button but its right where another piece of text/ui component is so i cant read it #3 when i try to uninstall it the uninstaller crashes(had to manually delete files and a config file in order to play without di also when the option infinite complexity is selected i dont get infinite complexity kinda like what the command freedom does im guessing)
and #4 as i said before it makes all the bot parts not appear

also you dont want me to post about my problems on a thread named faq answers and fixes?

this is literally the third or so visit to this site(well posting on this site anyway) honestly do you know how many dead sites i come across looking for this kind of thing?

honestly at this point i just want a mod to make spore not crash when i get real far in a save i went from 3-5 empires allied to leaving my solar system for the first time ya know how annoying that is especially when you save and spore tells ya that your save is corrupted my frequently asked question is how the hell do you get it to work i dont bother with v8 anymore cuz thats like 4-5 different files instead of one and ive seen no differences
(on the upside tho it doesnt throw an unhandled exception when trying to uninstall unlike v9.r :roll: :di: :cry:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Okay, before I begin, I'd like to apologize for all the trouble I've caused you. I am sorry for that, and hope that, in future updates, I'll be able to get these problems sorted out. Additionally, I should note that the DI Installer was somewhat of an afterthought for the current Public Beta, so it was...rushed, unfortunately. Many improvements have been made internally, if that's any reassurance. I appreciate that you've stayed with me in spite of all that, so we can fix these issues.

Anywaves, to address your concerns and such...
JordanB500 wrote:idk if its a bug or what but first of all when i install the latest version of di it does one of a few things
#1 does not add parts for creature stage just ones from later stages and ga
Do you mean that some of the categories you've enabled in the DI Installer or Configurator aren't appearing in the game?
JordanB500 wrote:#2 sometimes the ui and text does not overlap correctly i see text on a ui button but its right where another piece of text/ui component is so i cant read it
...can I get a screenshot of that? That's the kind of thing I can only fix on a per-case basis, so I need to know exactly where and when it happens. Unfortunately, I'm not the best at working off of a description, so images would help.
JordanB500 wrote:#3 when i try to uninstall it the uninstaller crashes(had to manually delete files and a config file in order to play without di
Exactly which DI Components did you have enabled at the time?
JordanB500 wrote:also when the option infinite complexity is selected i dont get infinite complexity kinda like what the command freedom does im guessing)
...okay that's just weird...you do have GA and Patch 5.1 or higher, right?
JordanB500 wrote:and #4 as i said before it makes all the bot parts not appear
Looking into that as we speak.
JordanB500 wrote:also you dont want me to post about my problems on a thread named faq answers and fixes?
That's not what I said at all, of course I'm happy to answer questions and help resolve issues on the FAQ thread. I was just a bit concerned about things not working, and was somewhat lost as to...why exactly you hadn't reported the issues at the time. However, you've since done so, so thank you for that.
JordanB500 wrote:this is literally the third or so visit to this site(well posting on this site anyway) honestly do you know how many dead sites i come across looking for this kind of thing?
I agree that there are way too many dead sites floating around at the top of the Search results, although unfortunately there's nothing I can really do about those...
JordanB500 wrote:honestly at this point i just want a mod to make spore not crash when i get real far in a save i went from 3-5 empires allied to leaving my solar system for the first time ya know how annoying that is especially when you save and spore tells ya that your save is corrupted my frequently asked question is how the hell do you get it to work
Many people wonder about that. Unfortunately, I don't know of any answers. Also...this is the Dark Injection FAQ, and that isn't a Dark Injection-related issue.

...it's not related to DI, right?
JordanB500 wrote:i dont bother with v8 anymore cuz thats like 4-5 different files instead of one
>More convenient
:​D
JordanB500 wrote:and ive seen no differences
...wait, what? There are plenty of differences...pretty much all of them are optional, though.
JordanB500 wrote:(on the upside tho it doesnt throw an unhandled exception when trying to uninstall unlike v9.r :roll: :di: :cry:
Well yes, obviously DI 8's uninstaller is less likely to break than DI 9.r's, since the former doesn't even have an uninstaller.

Oinegue
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Oinegue »

Hello Davo! May I ask you if exists a mod/DI package like Editor_LC which gives the modded camera (sooo useful because you can even edit under the foot of the creature), without the unlimited complexity limit?

Basically I'm asking if do exist just the camera mod of DI, because I was totally unable to find it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”