Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by ThatDaisy »

I love this :di: but, I don't want the replacements for outfit models as it ruins a lot of other people's creations that were meant to have the vanilla parts. Is there a solution to this?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

ThatDemonDavid wrote:I love this :di: but, I don't want the replacements for outfit models as it ruins a lot of other people's creations that were meant to have the vanilla parts. Is there a solution to this?
What are you talking about? No parts are replaced. I specifically designed the installer to detect and correct zArenas packages that were incorrectly-installed , as that would result in vanilla parts' appearances being affected, which I've specifically been trying to prevent by providing duplicates featuring the altered models and textures instead.

EDIT: ...show me both of your Data folders.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by ThatDaisy »

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ThatDemonDavid wrote:http://imgur.com/a/lkZu6
After hunting down a mirror of Unofficial Patch 7 and inspecting its files, I've determined that it is the cause of the problem. It tried to facilitate DI, and instead shot it in the foot. So just uninstall that and you'll be good to go.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
xTeChN0
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by xTeChN0 »

Hi!

I have a problem with Origin version of spore. I have Spore, C and C and GA on Origin. I installed them in the same order as I listed them in my previous sentence. Tried to use the patch for GA and it cant find my Spore installation so I installed Dark Injection using Easy installer as instructed on the main page. Now When I launch the game some parts in creature editor are just white boxes and some pages are just blank. Without any parts on them. And it crashed once after saving creature and exiting the editor. I havent had time to test it further, but I think that it does not work as it supposed to work. Can anyone help me. How I should install DI on Spore from Origin and why cant I patch it. It should be with the latest update from Origin, because I just installed it.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

xTeChN0 wrote:Hi!

I have a problem with Origin version of spore. I have Spore, C and C and GA on Origin. I installed them in the same order as I listed them in my previous sentence. Tried to use the patch for GA and it cant find my Spore installation so I installed Dark Injection using Easy installer as instructed on the main page. Now When I launch the game some parts in creature editor are just white boxes and some pages are just blank. Without any parts on them. And it crashed once after saving creature and exiting the editor. I havent had time to test it further, but I think that it does not work as it supposed to work. Can anyone help me. How I should install DI on Spore from Origin and why cant I patch it. It should be with the latest update from Origin, because I just installed it.
Screenshot?

xTeChN0
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by xTeChN0 »

I couldnt do a screenshot for some reason so I took a photo. Those white squares, if I put my mouse cursor over them, then in most cases there is an icon and a part behind them, but some of the parts are just grey shapes behind the white square. Some pages are just empty or half empty where some parts or skills are in the middle of the page. Had some crashes while in creature editor. When I was taking pictures in creature editor most of the UI froze. I could only change part categories and drag parts on my creature, but couldnt change part pages. Also could not exit, save, change name nor press any other button on the UI.
I should note again that I did as instructed on mod main page, but did not install GA patch which I downloaded also from the link on the main page. When I tried to install the patch it said something like that: " To update Spore you need to install Spore" and thats it. But Spore and everything else was definitely installed. Dot know what I did wrong except that I couldnt patch the game.
Attachments
IMG_20170821_181716.jpg
IMG_20170821_181704.jpg
IMG_20170821_181657.jpg
IMG_20170821_181647.jpg
IMG_20170821_180834.jpg
IMG_20170821_180713.jpg
IMG_20170821_180633.jpg
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Everything looks normal to me, bar your screenshot capture issue.

And the instructions say to install Patch 5.1 if not on Patch 1.7, and given that you received that error, I suspect you have 1.7, so idk why you were trying to install 5.1, but...well...don't.

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Will the Darkspore Creature Converter finally get an update eventually?

Also, did you try extracting CompiledMaterials.package and CompiledAnimData.package yet?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:Will the Darkspore Creature Converter finally get an update eventually?
We're not going to update it just so we can say it's been updated. If there's a reason for which it should be updated though, I'm all ears.
fungus3 wrote:Also, did you try extracting CompiledMaterials.package and CompiledAnimData.package yet?
Yes, though I suppose I should probably take another look, as I've learned a fair bit since then (and also the ModAPI exists .-. ).

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

rob55rod wrote:
fungus3 wrote:Will the Darkspore Creature Converter finally get an update eventually?
We're not going to update it just so we can say it's been updated. If there's a reason for which it should be updated though, I'm all ears.
Yes, of course. Many creatures that are converted crash the game when dragged into the game window, and some don't even convert at all!

And what about extracting all the audio from Darkspore's files?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Yes, of course. Many creatures that are converted crash the game when dragged into the game window, and some don't even convert at all!
Right...in that case, I'll talk to Emd about it and we'll see what happens from there.
fungus3 wrote:And what about extracting all the audio from Darkspore's files?
Relevance?

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

rob55rod wrote:
fungus3 wrote:And what about extracting all the audio from Darkspore's files?
Relevance?
Weren't you also going to extract the audio files from Darkspore, as well? I tried extracting some, but many of them don't even work!

Here are the EALayer files, as well.
Attachments
ealayer3-0.7.0-win32.zip
(213.8 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
ealayer3-0.6.3-win32.zip
(266.01 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

fungus3 wrote:Weren't you also going to extract the audio files from Darkspore, as well?
Yes, and if you'd paid more attention to 2.1.6, you'd see the evidence of our partial success in doing so. But no, you were too busy yelling at me to even notice.
fungus3 wrote:I tried extracting some, but many of them don't even work!
They all work, EALayer and FFMpeg just don't support some of them.
fungus3 wrote:Here are the EALayer files, as well.
I have EALayer. And FFMpeg. As implied above.

Zaiksklavado
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Zaiksklavado »

(Quoting Tychus Findlay here.)
"Hell, it's about time."
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Zaiksklavado wrote:(Quoting Tychus Findlay here.)
"Hell, it's about time."
...may I inquire as to what exactly it's about time for?

Zaiksklavado
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Zaiksklavado »

It's about time...

For an update.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Zaiksklavado wrote:It's about time...

For an update.
Ohhhh I see it now :lol:

Dragonstomper
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Dragonstomper »

Hey so when I exceed the complexity limit my creatures do the thing in the gif below, anything I can do to fix it?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Dragonstomper wrote:Hey so when I exceed the complexity limit my creatures do the thing in the gif below, anything I can do to fix it?
Known bug. Not a DI bug, either, although DI has been known to, in certain cases, make it more likely to happen. In any case, try slightly repositioning one part and re-saving. That sometimes works for me, as it forces the game to rebuild the creature's cached model and textures.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”