Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

Any updates regarding dark injections origin fix? Id just like to see how its going so far :D

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

jaiette wrote:-snip
There's some stuff you'll need to do in the terminal/command line to get them to work, if I recall correctly. I don't remember what, though. Also you appear to be installing them to your Core Spore Data folder, which is a bad idea, as if you have Galactic Adventures, you should install them to your Galactic Adventures Data folder (with the exception of the zArenas packages, which should remain in the Core Spore Data folder and be renamed to zArenas_RDX9 and zArenas_Textures respectively), and if you don't have Galactic Adventures, you should get Galactic Adventures, as many mods require it these days.
paranoid_modder wrote:Any updates regarding dark injections origin fix? Id just like to see how its going so far :D
...Origin fix? What?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
CorvusUrro
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by CorvusUrro »

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:Any updates regarding dark injections origin fix? Id just like to see how its going so far :D
...Origin fix? What?
I believe he is referring to the general fix for Dark Injection for the 5.1 spore update, As that is the only fix happening with DI at the moment (well unless I'm really out of the loop)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

CorvusUrro wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
...Origin fix? What?
I believe he is referring to the general fix for Dark Injection for the 5.1 spore update, As that is the only fix happening with DI at the moment (well unless I'm really out of the loop)
DI has always required Patch 5.1, it never needed to be updated to work for it...

...I guess that only leaves the patch 7 update. In which case everything is working as it was immediately before the update. Problem is, I still have a lot of work ahead of me to get this thing ready for release. It will happen though...once I get all my DI stuff onto my new hard drive. (My old drive died, and I haven't finished moving everything over to my new drive. I didn't lose anything though, as I had time to back up the old drive before it died, so DI progress is not affected.)

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

...I guess that only leaves the patch 7 update. In which case everything is working as it was immediately before the update. Problem is, I still have a lot of work ahead of me to get this thing ready for release. It will happen though...once I get all my DI stuff onto my new hard drive. (My old drive died, and I haven't finished moving everything over to my new drive. I didn't lose anything though, as I had time to back up the old drive before it died, so DI progress is not affected.)
yeah that was what i meant, the "partally broken" dark injection for the new origin client. i should have elaborated more, sorry haha.. but alright, im glad to see its going forward at least :)
Zaiksklavado
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Zaiksklavado »

For some reason there is a steelbeak part in the game part of the robotic DI mouths, which looks very strange, like a T, and a spiritteeth part which also looks strange like a normal beak, that is in the creature mouth of DI, any way you can update the real textures? (I've already downloaded and redownloaded this twice, but those textures are the same. Also are the hellhound and helllizard mouths supposed to be the same?)
Zaiksklavado
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Zaiksklavado »

Also can you put in some more vehicle parts in there?
kek-star
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by kek-star »

forcesave doesn't seem to work for origin spore, pls help?
also do you think you can add more vehicle parts, as stated above?
do you smonk weed
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Zaiksklavado wrote:For some reason there is a steelbeak part in the game part of the robotic DI mouths, which looks very strange, like a T, and a spiritteeth part which also looks strange like a normal beak, that is in the creature mouth of DI, any way you can update the real textures? (I've already downloaded and redownloaded this twice, but those textures are the same.
Neither of those parts are finished, but okay...

Zaiksklavado wrote:Also are the hellhound and helllizard mouths supposed to be the same?)
They're not the same, take a closer look.

kek-star wrote:forcesave doesn't seem to work for origin spore, pls help?
Try Steam Force Save.
Zaiksklavado wrote:Also can you put in some more vehicle parts in there?
kek-star wrote:also do you think you can add more vehicle parts, as stated above?
That's already on my to-do list :lol:

paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

does anyone know if the mod that makes you immune to the penalty for allying with the grox still work? with the new client?
UglyDollFan
Creature
Creature

Unread post by UglyDollFan »

Since Spore used a new client, many mods (including this one) have been affected by this.
What features have been affected by this new client, and vice versa?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

UglyDollFan wrote:Since Spore used a new client, many mods (including this one) have been affected by this.
What features have been affected by this new client, and vice versa?
We have a thread for that issue. This isn't it. Go here to get or provide assistance regarding the new client.

TheRealTigrus879
Creature
Creature

Unread post by TheRealTigrus879 »

Any new updates on DI's progress by any chance?
Got nothing else, here's my old LBP2 avatar recreated in Spore
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheRealTigrus879 wrote:Any new updates on DI's progress by any chance?
Nothing worth posting about...one hard drive incident later, I'm still just recovering development momentum. (Good news is nothing was lost, I guess... .-. )

Daigon
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Daigon »

MODERATOR EDIT: Removed quoted first post. Please never quote the entire first post ever again, on any thread.

So i have Spore (and GA) on origin, all the correct mods and force save and i still have two issues with DI v9:
1: i cant get the textures to load as they show up invisible
2: When i try to save something it says "this creature can not be saved"
:lol:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Daigon wrote:So i have Spore (and GA) on origin
Have you installed or uninstalled Spore after March 20th this year?
Daigon wrote:all the correct mods
That tells me nothing. You're assuming that your understanding of what "the correct mods" are is correct, when the problem could easily stem from your understanding being incorrect. Please list each component you have installed.

Daigon wrote:DI v9
Do you actually mean the DI v9 released in 2013 (and hotfixed in 2015)? Or do you mean DI 9.r Public Beta 2.0.6 (multiple releases in 2016)?

Daigon wrote:1: i cant get the textures to load as they show up invisible
Which textures? The ones on parts or the new skinpaints?

Daigon wrote:2: When i try to save something it says "this creature can not be saved"
Which Force Save did you install, the original Force Save, Steam Force Save, or the Experimental Updated Force Save?

Daigon
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Daigon »

I just reinstalled spore because it would not let go online. I am not sure which force save i have but it is not for steam, i have the Di_v9 (hotfixed) not beta and the arenas texture pack. The textures not showing up is all dark injections parts how ever the cell stage parts show up.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Daigon wrote:I just reinstalled spore because it would not let go online. I am not sure which force save i have but it is not for steam, i have the Di_v9 (hotfixed) not beta and the arenas texture pack. The textures not showing up is all dark injections parts how ever the cell stage parts show up.
Did you forget to install zArenas_RDX9.package ? ._.

Daigon
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Daigon »

rob55rod wrote:
Daigon wrote:I just reinstalled spore because it would not let go online. I am not sure which force save i have but it is not for steam, i have the Di_v9 (hotfixed) not beta and the arenas texture pack. The textures not showing up is all dark injections parts how ever the cell stage parts show up.
Did you forget to install zArenas_RDX9.package ? ._.
No i have the Arenas package
Cubey1
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Cubey1 »

I have the same problem, my spore game is under Origin games and not EA games though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”