Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Oinegue wrote:Hello Davo!
Apologies for not being Davo.
Oinegue wrote:May I ask you if exists a mod/DI package like Editor_LC which gives the modded camera (sooo useful because you can even edit under the foot of the creature), without the unlimited complexity limit?

Basically I'm asking if do exist just the camera mod of DI, because I was totally unable to find it.
I'll look into separating those features for the next Public Beta.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Oinegue
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Oinegue »

rob55rod wrote: Apologies for not being Davo.

I'll look into separating those features for the next Public Beta.
Sorry Rob55rod for my dumb mistake xD However thank you! I've tried to fix the file by myself, so i could upload it in this forum, but unfortunately I do not know the normal complexity values AND my spore master doesn't open core game packages to let me check the values myself, dunno why (maybe because I'm such a n00b at modding xD).

By the way thank you very much for your answer AND for your hard work into this game, and this project! Love you
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Oinegue wrote:Sorry Rob55rod for my dumb mistake xD
Np, not the first time it's happened. Davo was in charge of DI for quite a while back in the day, so it's not hard to see how it could occur...
Oinegue wrote:However thank you! I've tried to fix the file by myself, so i could upload it in this forum, but unfortunately I do not know the normal complexity values AND my spore master doesn't open core game packages to let me check the values myself, dunno why (maybe because I'm such a n00b at modding xD).

By the way thank you very much for your answer AND for your hard work into this game, and this project! Love you
No problem, glad I could clear things up, and great to hear you're enjoying our work.

...also, for future reference, if you're looking to develop a mod, try using SporeModder.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
JordanB500
Cell
Cell

Unread post by JordanB500 »

JordanB500 wrote:idk if its a bug or what but first of all when i install the latest version of di it does one of a few things
#1 does not add parts for creature stage just ones from later stages and ga
rob55rod wrote:Do you mean that some of the categories you've enabled in the DI Installer or Configurator aren't appearing in the game?
apparently like all parts they have to all be unlocked i assumed theyd be like dr pepper parts and would be available at the start sorry bout that
JordanB500 wrote:#2 sometimes the ui and text does not overlap correctly i see text on a ui button but its right where another piece of text/ui component is so i cant read it
rob55rod wrote:...can I get a screenshot of that? That's the kind of thing I can only fix on a per-case basis, so I need to know exactly where and when it happens. Unfortunately, I'm not the best at working off of a description, so images would help.
this happens if i choose to use di's style only and not the full ui(or if i choose to disable di's ui text)
JordanB500 wrote:#3 when i try to uninstall it the uninstaller crashes(had to manually delete files and a config file in order to play without di
rob55rod wrote:Exactly which DI Components did you have enabled at the time?
all of em except true invisible limbs
JordanB500 wrote:also when the option infinite complexity is selected i dont get infinite complexity kinda like what the command freedom does im guessing)
rob55rod wrote:...okay that's just weird...you do have GA and Patch 5.1 or higher, right?
i have 1.5 atm my spore.app for base game and ga's file version is 3.1.0.22 idk what that is
JordanB500 wrote:and #4 as i said before it makes all the bot parts not appear
rob55rod wrote:Looking into that as we speak.
apparently they are there but the label/button that shows bot parts is not there(instead you have to press the arrow to go to the next page)
JordanB500 wrote:also you dont want me to post about my problems on a thread named faq answers and fixes?
rob55rod wrote:That's not what I said at all, of course I'm happy to answer questions and help resolve issues on the FAQ thread. I was just a bit concerned about things not working, and was somewhat lost as to...why exactly you hadn't reported the issues at the time. However, you've since done so, so thank you for that.
sorry i think i misunderstood what you said
JordanB500 wrote:this is literally the third or so visit to this site(well posting on this site anyway) honestly do you know how many dead sites i come across looking for this kind of thing?
rob55rod wrote:I agree that there are way too many dead sites floating around at the top of the Search results, although unfortunately there's nothing I can really do about those...
true..
JordanB500 wrote:honestly at this point i just want a mod to make spore not crash when i get real far in a save i went from 3-5 empires allied to leaving my solar system for the first time ya know how annoying that is especially when you save and spore tells ya that your save is corrupted my frequently asked question is how the hell do you get it to work
rob55rod wrote:Many people wonder about that. Unfortunately, I don't know of any answers. Also...this is the Dark Injection FAQ, and that isn't a Dark Injection-related issue.

...it's not related to DI, right?
no not really just kind of annoying(strange how it keeps my "captain" progress but not my game progress)
JordanB500 wrote:and ive seen no differences
rob55rod wrote:...wait, what? There are plenty of differences...pretty much all of them are optional, though.
again the reason i see no differences is cuz all the parts arent unlocked from the start and i have no reference to go on
JordanB500 wrote:(on the upside tho it doesnt throw an unhandled exception when trying to uninstall unlike v9.r :roll: :di: :cry:
rob55rod wrote:Well yes, obviously DI 8's uninstaller is less likely to break than DI 9.r's, since the former doesn't even have an uninstaller.
i think the crashing is because of other mods i should test them seperately also any idea if they are compatible or not(sporefield probably is)

also for the mask category and such are they just tribal/civilization stage gear or is there more to it cuz all i see is stuff from later stages with a few exceptions

and is there a way to unlock all parts at once so i can see them? (aside from freecam and zooming away when unlocking parts)
Elix978
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Elix978 »

I downloaded the 9.r dark injections, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Nothing in the game has changed. The version seems to be correct as i can use the asymmetry feature, and I used the modapi easy installer to download it. I looked at multiple youtube videos on how to download it and as far as i can tell there shouldn’t be anything preventing it from working. Please help, I don’t know what to do.
Langooseondaloose!
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Langooseondaloose! »

I have a problem with my dark injections, I cannot save or put feet on my creature.. Could I have a link to force save, and please tell me how to fix not being able to put on any feet.
:ga: :cc: :ex: :di: :ccp:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Langooseondaloose! wrote:I have a problem with my dark injections, I cannot save or put feet on my creature.. Could I have a link to force save, and please tell me how to fix not being able to put on any feet.
When did you install DI? And do you have any other mods installed? If so, what are they?
Langooseondaloose! wrote: :ga: :cc: :ex: :di: :ccp:
Please don't spam Smilies like that. It doesn't contribute anything to your post, it just distracts anyone who reads the post.

Elix978 wrote:I downloaded the 9.r dark injections, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Nothing in the game has changed. The version seems to be correct as i can use the asymmetry feature, and I used the modapi easy installer to download it. I looked at multiple youtube videos on how to download it and as far as i can tell there shouldn’t be anything preventing it from working. Please help, I don’t know what to do.
Usually this happens when you've had the game installed from one source (Steam/Origin/etc), and later re-installed it from another source. Most of the time, it happens because the user neglected to install the existing variant of the game before installing the new one, but sometimes Spore's uninstallation system just doesn't do a very good job of cleaning up after itself.

Have you ever switched to a different variant of the game, or even just installed the same variant to a different location?

Doing this can lead to the ModAPI Easy Installer becoming confused as to which path is correct, and for some unfortunate reason, Emd opted to have it guess, rather than asking the user. The Easy Installer often guesses wrong in these scenarios. It's usually a fairly easy fix, though...I just want to confirm that this is what's happening before laying out instructions.

Skeith
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Skeith »

Uh hello there! Not really a question but something I managed to fix!

The all-hated camera issue! I don't know if anyone's already found the fix for it before but god damn after 2 hours of staring at the unpackaged files and getting a headache I'm pretty proud of finding it.

Anyways, without further ado, this is how I fixed the creature stage editor zoomed out camera issue:

1. I unpackaged the file named "!!!!!2017_DI_9_r_Beta2-1-6_editor_LC.package" in Sporemaster
2. Searched for "EditorBoundSize"
3. For all xml files that mention "CreatureEditor" I changed the EditorBoundSize to 3.

I think changing them for the CreatureEditorSetup and CreatureEditorExtraLarge had no actual effect, but I changed those anyways. From what I think the most important one to change is the DI_CreatureEditorExtraLarge file.

Again, apologies if this had been mentioned somewhere before but I thought it would be worthwhile putting here! Thankyou for still keeping the mod alive by the way Rob!

EDIT:
Seems like changing the boundsizes causes it to completely forget about infinite complexity, will play around with it tommorow. Can't deal with anymore headaches!
Langooseondaloose!
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Langooseondaloose! wrote:I have a problem with my dark injections, I cannot save or put feet on my creature.. Could I have a link to force save, and please tell me how to fix not being able to put on any feet.
When did you install DI? And do you have any other mods installed? If so, what are they?

Well, I got the more recent one and now my game crashes.. Now I need even more help..
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Skeith wrote:Uh hello there! Not really a question but something I managed to fix!

The all-hated camera issue! I don't know if anyone's already found the fix for it before but god damn after 2 hours of staring at the unpackaged files and getting a headache I'm pretty proud of finding it.

Anyways, without further ado, this is how I fixed the creature stage editor zoomed out camera issue:

1. I unpackaged the file named "!!!!!2017_DI_9_r_Beta2-1-6_editor_LC.package" in Sporemaster
2. Searched for "EditorBoundSize"
3. For all xml files that mention "CreatureEditor" I changed the EditorBoundSize to 3.

I think changing them for the CreatureEditorSetup and CreatureEditorExtraLarge had no actual effect, but I changed those anyways. From what I think the most important one to change is the DI_CreatureEditorExtraLarge file.

Again, apologies if this had been mentioned somewhere before but I thought it would be worthwhile putting here! Thankyou for still keeping the mod alive by the way Rob!

EDIT:
Seems like changing the boundsizes causes it to completely forget about infinite complexity, will play around with it tommorow. Can't deal with anymore headaches!
Sorry for the late response...I apologize, but...what exactly did you say this was meant to resolve?

Langooseondaloose! wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Well, I got the more recent one and now my game crashes.. Now I need even more help..
...okay, can you please address my previous question so I can help you?

Skeith
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Skeith »

rob55rod wrote:-snip-

Sorry for the late response...I apologize, but...what exactly did you say this was meant to resolve?
Ah, the issue where the camera is zoomed out a tad too much in both the creature stage and the creature creator, making it finicky and hard to build regular-sized things.

On that note, Infinite complexity seems to work partially? It works fine with buildings,vehicles, and the tribal & civ outfitters. But cell stage, creature stage, and space outfitter does not allow infinite complexity.

EDIT::
scratch that, i'm a dumbass. Went through the first page of this thread again and reread the past fixes, COMPLETELY forgot that yes- you can zoom in and out in this game.

Man I wasted a lot of time.
Langooseondaloose!
Cell
Cell

You know what, I'll try getting the fix on Discord since there are too many confusing boxes.
riku_te_seduse
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by riku_te_seduse »

I have a problem, i downloaded the latest version of darkspore v9.r (2.1.6), I've installed it in my gog "SPORE COLLECTION", all is okay, but when i create a creature and try to make a custom leg or arm made from parts, the parts doesn't merge, so i can only make 1 part legs and arms or use the spore default, someone knows why is this happening, i think i have installed the 1.5.0001 patch and the 1.6 patch then too. Thanks a lot!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

riku_te_seduse wrote:I have a problem, i downloaded the latest version of darkspore v9.r (2.1.6)
Darkspore is a separate game. This is Dark Injection.
riku_te_seduse wrote:I've installed it in my gog "SPORE COLLECTION", all is okay, but when i create a creature and try to make a custom leg or arm made from parts, the parts doesn't merge, so i can only make 1 part legs and arms or use the spore default, someone knows why is this happening, i think i have installed the 1.5.0001 patch and the 1.6 patch then too. Thanks a lot!
You forgot to hold the "CTRL" key. That isn't even a feature of the mod, the base game has it too.

riku_te_seduse
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by riku_te_seduse »

rob55rod wrote:
riku_te_seduse wrote:I have a problem, i downloaded the latest version of darkspore v9.r (2.1.6)
Darkspore is a separate game. This is Dark Injection.
riku_te_seduse wrote:I've installed it in my gog "SPORE COLLECTION", all is okay, but when i create a creature and try to make a custom leg or arm made from parts, the parts doesn't merge, so i can only make 1 part legs and arms or use the spore default, someone knows why is this happening, i think i have installed the 1.5.0001 patch and the 1.6 patch then too. Thanks a lot!
You forgot to hold the "CTRL" key. That isn't even a feature of the mod, the base game has it too.
thanks a lot Lul, and i wrote darkspore bad, i want to say dark injection XD. Thanks
ileikspore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by ileikspore »

I added Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package but my parts still are invisible. Please help!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ileikspore wrote:I added Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package but my parts still are invisible. Please help!
What is the exact path of the folder you installed them to?

ileikspore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by ileikspore »

I just noticed that i put it in the wrong file...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ileikspore wrote:I just noticed that i put it in the wrong file...
...as I suspected. So, is everything working now that that's sorted out?

strangerthings80
Cell
Cell

Unread post by strangerthings80 »

I like the parts in dark injection but i dont like how it looks, how do i make it look like old spore but have the modded parts?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”