Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
1. ALL the creations which uses DI parts.
2. i added in all my creations before installing DI. in fact i adde ALL my mods AFTER installing core spore and GA
1. Oh
2. Well there's your problem - Spore's great about detecting that it can't load creations, but it's terrible about noticing when something's been installed such that it now can. Never add modded creations before the prerequisite mods are in place.
oh ok, so if i uninstall and reinstall spore, put in my mods, and THEN move over saves and creations, i should be fine?
Should be, just be sure to make a copy of your creations and saves before uninstalling. You never know when the installer might screw up and delete those even though you said not to. (Happened to me once, and I've heard I'm not the only one...)

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote: 1. Oh
2. Well there's your problem - Spore's great about detecting that it can't load creations, but it's terrible about noticing when something's been installed such that it now can. Never add modded creations before the prerequisite mods are in place.
oh ok, so if i uninstall and reinstall spore, put in my mods, and THEN move over saves and creations, i should be fine?
Should be, just be sure to make a copy of your creations and saves before uninstalling. You never know when the installer might screw up and delete those even though you said not to. (Happened to me once, and I've heard I'm not the only one...)
i have my old disc with all my backups, so no worries there >:) one last question, should i transfer over the GraphisCache.package file from my old spore directory? I know its not needed as the game can easily recreate all the 3d models from png, but i was unsure with the modded creations.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
i have my old disc with all my backups, so no worries there >:) one last question, should i transfer over the GraphisCache.package file from my old spore directory? I know its not needed as the game can easily recreate all the 3d models from png, but i was unsure with the modded creations.
I don't really know how to properly answer a question based on such a false assumption, so instead, just do this:
Once you have the game, DLCs, and mods installed successfully, load your creations in, then run the game once. Then close it and swap out the newly-generated Galaxy for your old Galaxy. You should be good to go at that point.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Should be, just be sure to make a copy of your creations and saves before uninstalling. You never know when the installer might screw up and delete those even though you said not to. (Happened to me once, and I've heard I'm not the only one...)
I don't really know how to properly answer a question based on such a false assumption, so instead, just do this:
Once you have the game, DLCs, and mods installed successfully, load your creations in, then run the game once. Then close it and swap out the newly-generated Galaxy for your old Galaxy. You should be good to go at that point.
everything but one mod is working fine now, thanks for the help! :D ill go to the mod help thread for my remaining issue.
brutaljeffrey
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by brutaljeffrey »

do you know of a fix? i don't want to lose all of my work because of a compatibility break...
all of my old stuff only used Dark injection
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

brutaljeffrey wrote:do you know of a fix? i don't want to lose all of my work because of a compatibility break...
all of my old stuff only used Dark injection
Why would I know of a fix for a problem that, to the best of my awareness, doesn't exist?

RhinogatorPlaya
Cell
Cell

Unread post by RhinogatorPlaya »

How do you change the dark injections editor back to the normal spore editor with the normal spore music?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

RhinogatorPlaya wrote:How do you change the dark injections editor back to the normal spore editor with the normal spore music?
use the DI Configurator. It's accessible via the ModAPI Easy Uninstaller.

ObviousStalinist
Cell
Cell

Unread post by ObviousStalinist »

I used to autoinstaller for Dark Injections, but the infinite complexity along with the background and UI doesnt seem to work. I dont know why. I use Steam btw.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ObviousStalinist wrote:I used to autoinstaller for Dark Injections, but the infinite complexity along with the background and UI doesnt seem to work. I dont know why. I use Steam btw.
If you upgraded from a previous build of DI, the installer probably just maintained your previous configuration. Install 2.1.6 again, but this time, click "Default Configuration" before clicking "Install". Let me know if that does it.

ObviousStalinist
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
ObviousStalinist wrote:I used to autoinstaller for Dark Injections, but the infinite complexity along with the background and UI doesnt seem to work. I dont know why. I use Steam btw.
If you upgraded from a previous build of DI, the installer probably just maintained your previous configuration. Install 2.1.6 again, but this time, click "Default Configuration" before clicking "Install". Let me know if that does it.
No it didnt work :(

Everything else works fine (i think. I havent tested it thouroughly) but I really miss the infinite complexity
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ObviousStalinist wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Everything else works fine (i think. I havent tested it thouroughly) but I really miss the infinite complexity
Okay, that's just weird...mind providing uncropped screenshots of your Core Spore and Galactic Adventures Data folders?

ObviousStalinist
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
ObviousStalinist wrote:
rod55rob wrote: If you upgraded from a previous build of DI, the installer probably just maintained your previous configuration. Install 2.1.6 again, but this time, click "Default Configuration" before clicking "Install". Let me know if that does it.

Okay, that's just weird...mind providing uncropped screenshots of your Core Spore and Galactic Adventures Data folders?
here you go.
Attachments
2.PNG
1.PNG
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ObviousStalinist wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
ObviousStalinist wrote:

here you go.
I need your Core Spore Data folder, too...

ObviousStalinist
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
ObviousStalinist wrote:
rod55rob wrote: Okay, that's just weird...mind providing uncropped screenshots of your Core Spore and Galactic Adventures Data folders?
here you go.
You mean this?
Attachments
3.PNG
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ObviousStalinist wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
ObviousStalinist wrote:
here you go.
You mean this?
Almost...I need the folder called "Data" inside of it.

ObviousStalinist
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
ObviousStalinist wrote:
rod55rob wrote: I need your Core Spore Data folder, too...
You mean this?
Thats the second picture in the previous post. I posted both a screenshot of DataEP1 and Data in there
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ObviousStalinist wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
ObviousStalinist wrote:
You mean this?
Thats the second picture in the previous post. I posted both a screenshot of DataEP1 and Data in there
Okay I'm on a terrible network right now, part of me is wondering if the page only half loaded. In any case, sorry about that.

In any case, DI isn't even installed, going off of those screenshots...

...did you previously have Spore installed in another location, perhaps?

ObviousStalinist
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
ObviousStalinist wrote:
rod55rob wrote: Almost...I need the folder called "Data" inside of it.
Okay I'm on a terrible network right now, part of me is wondering if the page only half loaded. In any case, sorry about that.

In any case, DI isn't even installed, going off of those screenshots...

...did you previously have Spore installed in another location, perhaps?
It seems to only install the Arenas packages and not the mod itself. I will attempt to do the manual install with all the individual files. Unless of course I am overlooking something terribly obvious.
ObviousStalinist
Cell
Cell

It worked when I installed it manually :) I dont know what was the issue with the autoinstaller. Im just happy I got it working
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”