Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
Dragonstomper
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Dragonstomper »

rob55rod wrote: Known bug. Not a DI bug, either, although DI has been known to, in certain cases, make it more likely to happen. In any case, try slightly repositioning one part and re-saving. That sometimes works for me, as it forces the game to rebuild the creature's cached model and textures.
Alright cool, thanks. I had no idea, hundreds of hours and never seen it before.

Kisutora
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Kisutora »

Are all parts from every category obtainable in the creature stage?

Are you planning on doing anything for the *** and placeholder part names?

Why are there 2 tabs for these?
Spoiler
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Kisutora wrote:Are all parts from every category obtainable in the creature stage?
Currently no, I'm still looking into how to allow parts from categories not present in the base game to be unlocked.
Kisutora wrote:Are you planning on doing anything for the *** and placeholder part names?
Yes. They're placeholders, their entire purpose is to serve as a stand-in for something else that isn't ready .-.
Kisutora wrote:Why are there 2 tabs for these?
Spoiler
One has Core Spore textures, the other has Darkspore textures.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Kisutora
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:
Kisutora wrote:Are you planning on doing anything for the *** and placeholder part names?
Yes. They're placeholders, their entire purpose is to serve as a stand-in for something else that isn't ready .-.
Yes indeed. What I probably meant was if it's a high priority task or not.
Thanks! :>
ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by ThatDaisy »

rob55rod wrote:
ThatDemonDavid wrote:http://imgur.com/a/lkZu6
After hunting down a mirror of Unofficial Patch 7 and inspecting its files, I've determined that it is the cause of the problem. It tried to facilitate DI, and instead shot it in the foot. So just uninstall that and you'll be good to go.
Made a mod which makes patch 7 not replace textures or models.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Patch7_Data.package
No more replacements
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Kisutora wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Ohhhh...it's not exactly at the top of my list, but not at the bottom, either. Trouble is, we don't know a lot of the names.

If anyone here has played Darkspore and has sufficiently photographic memory to recall any of the names the Core Spore parts had in Darkspore, that would be extremely helpful.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Kisutora
Creature
Creature

For the next version of Dark Injections can we expect that it would be 100% compatible with the current 2.1.6 creatures and saves?
Can you give us any estimate as to when the release would be?
Do you have any new features in mind?
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Flames Kid »

rob55rod wrote:
Kisutora wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Yes. They're placeholders, their entire purpose is to serve as a stand-in for something else that isn't ready .-.
Ohhhh...it's not exactly at the top of my list, but not at the bottom, either. Trouble is, we don't know a lot of the names.

If anyone here has played Darkspore and has sufficiently photographic memory to recall any of the names the Core Spore parts had in Darkspore, that would be extremely helpful.
you could just look though a lot of play throughs
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Flames Kid wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Kisutora wrote:
you could just look though a lot of play throughs

Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Flames Kid »

:lol: lol :lol:
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

oh, i couldnt help but notice that the website for dark injection just listen an updated version of dark injection mod? im sorry if this is a stupid question but its the easiest for me to figure out, is the newest version the one that works on origin? my current version of dark injection is the public beta 2.0.6
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:oh, i couldnt help but notice that the website for dark injection just listen an updated version of dark injection mod? im sorry if this is a stupid question but its the easiest for me to figure out, is the newest version the one that works on origin?
Yes, 2.1.6 works on updated Origin Spore.
paranoid_modder wrote:my current version of dark injection is the public beta 2.0.6
...you're behind, lol

paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:oh, i couldnt help but notice that the website for dark injection just listen an updated version of dark injection mod? im sorry if this is a stupid question but its the easiest for me to figure out, is the newest version the one that works on origin?
Yes, 2.1.6 works on updated Origin Spore.
paranoid_modder wrote:my current version of dark injection is the public beta 2.0.6
...you're behind, lol
so sorry about that, i have been totally out of the loop :/ but im so happy to see that i can play spore online again! only problem would be my other old mods that wont work anymore... or at least some of them. i hope they will be updated soon.

i will download DI tomorrow, but id like to just say that youve done a great job! this is really amazing ;v;
brutaljeffrey
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by brutaljeffrey »

hello i just wanted to ask if creations from version 2.0.6 would work with the newest update to dark injection?
since updating i cannot edit most of my past creations
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:so sorry about that, i have been totally out of the loop :/ but im so happy to see that i can play spore online again! only problem would be my other old mods that wont work anymore... or at least some of them. i hope they will be updated soon.
Most mods should be updated eventually, as time goes on.
paranoid_modder wrote:i will download DI tomorrow, but id like to just say that youve done a great job! this is really amazing ;v;
Thank :mrgreen:

brutaljeffrey wrote:hello i just wanted to ask if creations from version 2.0.6 would work with the newest update to dark injection?
since updating i cannot edit most of my past creations
That's...not normal. To the best of my awareness, no compatibility breaks have occurred between Public Betas 2.0.6 and 2.1.6 ._.

paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

the issue is when they are abandoned :/

EDIT: sorry i didnt want to touble post, but i now have spore and everything up and running on origin, with the installer set, most of my old dark injection creations are locked out, if not all of them. What do? i made sure that all other mods i have were installed, and all of them works, even those that gave me extra parts on both creature editor as well as adventure editor. however, all creatures and buildings and adventures have that little lock on it.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:

EDIT: sorry i didnt want to touble post, but i now have spore and everything up and running on origin, with the installer set, most of my old dark injection creations are locked out, if not all of them. What do? i made sure that all other mods i have were installed, and all of them works, even those that gave me extra parts on both creature editor as well as adventure editor. however, all creatures and buildings and adventures have that little lock on it.
1. Wait, all of your creations, or only the DI/modded ones?
2. Did you add the creations in before or after reinstalling DI and any other mods used?

paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:

2. Did you add the creations in before or after reinstalling DI and any other mods used?
1. ALL the creations which uses DI parts.
2. i added in all my creations before installing DI. in fact i adde ALL my mods AFTER installing core spore and GA
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:

2. i added in all my creations before installing DI. in fact i adde ALL my mods AFTER installing core spore and GA
1. Oh
2. Well there's your problem - Spore's great about detecting that it can't load creations, but it's terrible about noticing when something's been installed such that it now can. Never add modded creations before the prerequisite mods are in place.

paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote: 1. Wait, all of your creations, or only the DI/modded ones?
1. Oh
2. Well there's your problem - Spore's great about detecting that it can't load creations, but it's terrible about noticing when something's been installed such that it now can. Never add modded creations before the prerequisite mods are in place.
oh ok, so if i uninstall and reinstall spore, put in my mods, and THEN move over saves and creations, i should be fine?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”