Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Daigon wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Daigon wrote:I just reinstalled spore because it would not let go online. I am not sure which force save i have but it is not for steam, i have the Di_v9 (hotfixed) not beta and the arenas texture pack. The textures not showing up is all dark injections parts how ever the cell stage parts show up.
Did you forget to install zArenas_RDX9.package ? ._.
No i have the Arenas package
There are two...yet you refer to them as one...make sure both Arenas_ packages are installed.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Daigon
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Daigon »

rob55rod wrote:
Daigon wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Did you forget to install zArenas_RDX9.package ? ._.
No i have the Arenas package
There are two...yet you refer to them as one...make sure both Arenas_ packages are installed.
i have both the texture pack and the RDX9 file `-`
:lol:
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

there is something i dont quite understand, i found this topic here https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/83220.page that says that dark injection works on origin, but not steam spore, but earlier in this topic, i remember someone said that spore origin is actually steam spore, or works the same, so then it might not work after all...ah, im confused.

i dont mean to nag about this, but im getting mixed messages here and there.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:dark injection works on origin, but not steam spore
That was true prior to March 20th, 2017.
paranoid_modder wrote:someone said that spore origin is actually steam spore
That's not true at all...

paranoid_modder wrote:or works the same
That is true as of March 20th, 2017.

-------------------------------------
To restate the entire point:
Prior to March 20th, 2017: Mods worked reliably on the disk and Origin versions of the game, and don't work correctly, if at all, on the Steam and GoG versions.
Starting March 20th, 2017: Mods work reliably on the disk version of the game, and don't work correctly, if at all, on the Origin, Steam and GoG versions unless updated accordingly. Such an update for DI is in the works. (It'd be done by now if I hadn't already been halfway through a DI update when the game was updated on March 20th, 2017.)
Also, if you're using Origin and your game was installed before March 20th, 2017 and has not been uninstalled and reinstalled since, mods will continue to work correctly.
-------------------------------------

paranoid_modder wrote:i dont mean to nag about this, but im getting mixed messages here and there.
No need to apologize for using a thread for its intended purpose :lol:

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Daigon
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Daigon »

Cubey1 wrote:I have the same problem, my spore game is under Origin games and not EA games though.
Do you know if or found a fix for it?
Azurefireflower
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Azurefireflower »

Any news on if there is a fix or if the only option now is to purchase the game DRM free / have the original disks?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Azurefireflower wrote:Any news on if there is a fix
Working on it...
Azurefireflower wrote:the only option now is to purchase the game DRM free
That was never a solution...
Azurefireflower wrote:have the original disks?
This is currently the only way to install Spore and expect DI to work. I am working on a fix though.

ABAK
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ABAK »

:patch1.5: ive downloaded patch 1.5.1, is that supposed to download the mod or is it just something that helps the mod working because i cant see any changes in my game :/
Daigon
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Daigon »

ABAK wrote::patch1.5: ive downloaded patch 1.5.1, is that supposed to download the mod or is it just something that helps the mod working because i cant see any changes in my game :/
its just an update but mods will not work on any version before :P
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ABAK wrote::patch1.5: ive downloaded patch 1.5.1, is that supposed to download the mod or is it just something that helps the mod working because i cant see any changes in my game :/
No, patch 1.5.1 is an official update for Spore, made by Maxis. It has nothing to do with Dark Injection, other than being a prerequisite to using the mod (and most modern-era mods, for that matter.)

ABAK
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ABAK »

rob55rod wrote:
No, patch 1.5.1 is an official update for Spore, made by Maxis. It has nothing to do with Dark Injection, other than being a prerequisite to using the mod (and most modern-era mods, for that matter.)
Oh, ok i see.Lol. :geek:
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Will the next update adress the texture issues that these custom parts have? I noticed on the page where you can select and put colony turrets, rainbow comets, skeleton parts, stone axes, etc etc etc have weird textures. theres the same part in a row, but one of them have textures like completely yellow, or blue withs tripes, or just straight up rainbow. like these:

Will these have the actual texture the model uses? They look fine in the editor.

also, theres some parts i would LOVE to use, like the aqua bubble or the air bubble, but the textures for these are not transparent, and they look really bad outside the editor.
the aqua bubble even dissapears once outside the editor. the same with the air bubble. However the air bubble is transparent, but becomes solid when you are outside the editor.

these parts were what i was most excited over, but the limitations bother me :( unless theres some sort of trick to it? or am i just using them wrong?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Any parts from the "Classic Part Mods" category are highly unlikely to see any further revision, atleast so long as I'm developing Dark Injection. They are begrudgingly kept in the mod for the sole purpose of not pissing off the few people who actually like them. Additionally, since they were pulled directly from other mods, changing them would negatively affect compatibility with those mods.

paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

oooh alright, thats a shame :( i loved that aqua bubble..

OH that reminds me, i noticed some parts have names like NOT LOCALIZED or PLACEHOLDER, if you were to change or remove those parts, would it affect or lock creatures that uses those parts? assuming you are gonna do something with those, that is.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:OH that reminds me, i noticed some parts have names like NOT LOCALIZED or PLACEHOLDER, if you were to change or remove those parts, would it affect or lock creatures that uses those parts? assuming you are gonna do something with those, that is.
...why do people always think the parts that don't have proper names yet are about to be removed? .-.

paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:OH that reminds me, i noticed some parts have names like NOT LOCALIZED or PLACEHOLDER, if you were to change or remove those parts, would it affect or lock creatures that uses those parts? assuming you are gonna do something with those, that is.
...why do people always think the parts that don't have proper names yet are about to be removed? .-.
Well i mean, the name PLACEHOLDER could imply many things. i thought it meanth that those parts were simply placeholder models that would eventually be replaced with something else. A kind of reserved spot in the parts page, if you will. I dont know about the not localized ones tho.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Well i mean, the name PLACEHOLDER could imply many things. i thought it meanth that those parts were simply placeholder models that would eventually be replaced with something else. A kind of reserved spot in the parts page, if you will. I dont know about the not localized ones tho.
...then why would there be so many different ones? (Not to mention why not leave the space blank?)

paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote: ...why do people always think the parts that don't have proper names yet are about to be removed? .-.
...then why would there be so many different ones? (Not to mention why not leave the space blank?)
I dont know, you named them. i just thought it meanth that the parts were just that, placeholders for something else.
Wingnut
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Wingnut »

So don't hate me. I know I'm reopening an old thread but where can I find early versions of this mod.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Wingnut wrote:So don't hate me. I know I'm reopening an old thread but where can I find early versions of this mod.
Nothing wrong with necros as long as you have a reason.

And to answer your question, nowhere. They're all broken on 1.7 anyways.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”