Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
Collapsix
Cell
Cell

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Collapsix »

For a second it didn't work when i deleted the entire folder, but then I deleted the patch you gave me and it worked lol!
Anyways, thank you for helping me, it works now. You are a saint!

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Collapsix wrote:For a second it didn't work when i deleted the entire folder, but then I deleted the patch you gave me and it worked lol!
Anyways, thank you for helping me, it works now. You are a saint!
Heh, I should've said that. Sorry.
Glad everything worked out! I'm not a saint, I'm just doing my job.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
4p0c4lyp53
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by 4p0c4lyp53 »

I'm sorry for the trouble, but I downloaded the latest version, (the one adding unlimited complexity, if its worth anything) and when I enter the editor from the title screen, its all fine and dandy, but when I enter the editor whilst in creature stage, it automatically zooms out to the point where my creature takes up less than 20 x 20 pixels on my screen. Could you help? (And if this applies to the "off center camera" thing on the FAQ, I'm SUPER SORRY!! :> Thanks in advance!
GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

Did you try pressing + to zoom in?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

4p0c4lyp53 wrote:I'm sorry for the trouble, but I downloaded the latest version, (the one adding unlimited complexity, if its worth anything) and when I enter the editor from the title screen, its all fine and dandy, but when I enter the editor whilst in creature stage, it automatically zooms out to the point where my creature takes up less than 20 x 20 pixels on my screen. Could you help? (And if this applies to the "off center camera" thing on the FAQ, I'm SUPER SORRY!! :> Thanks in advance!
That is TERRIFYING. I have NEVER heard of that bug. Try GIRGHGH's suggestion. If it takes too long, you can accomplish the same thing by holding shift and right-click-dragging up or down. I forget which is zoom in and which is out. Plat around with it a bit. I'm getting sick and tired of these stupid cameras. I'm probably gonna overhaul them in DI 9.r, or (if all else fails) remove them entirely.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
4p0c4lyp53
Hatchling
Hatchling

Thanks! The "+" and shift and scroll things fixed it! Partially. Despite the fact that I have the current version, the Camera is off a to the side. :/ I'll see if I can fix it?? But I think I might need some help. Sorry!!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

4p0c4lyp53 wrote:Thanks! The "+" and shift and scroll things fixed it! Partially. Despite the fact that I have the current version, the Camera is off a to the side. :/ I'll see if I can fix it?? But I think I might need some help. Sorry!!
Okay...what variant of Spore do you have? Disk, Origin, or Steam? Which Dark Injection variant are you using? C or NC?

4p0c4lyp53
Hatchling
Hatchling

Okay, sorry, one thing, I'm unsure what C and NC stand for, and two, I use steam. I have the bot parts, galactic adventures, creepy and cute, force save, and the darkspore colour pack.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

4p0c4lyp53 wrote:Okay, sorry, one thing, I'm unsure what C and NC stand for, and two, I use steam. I have the bot parts, galactic adventures, creepy and cute, force save, and the darkspore colour pack.
The C version is just the parts, but it has various camera bugs. The NC version has tons of other features, and...oddly enough, fewer bugs. If you're using C, try using NC instead, see if that fixes your problem. If it doesn't, try this patch I made a while back, and make sure it is higher in your load order (alphabetical order) than the Dark Injection package. If that doesn't fix it either, then try purchasing the game on disk and playing that from now on instead.

...kidding about the disk, but really, Steam Spore should, for all general purposes, be considered largely-unmoddable. Most peoples' mod problems wouldn't exist if it weren't for Steam Spore.

2pVaporeon
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by 2pVaporeon »

Hello! Last night I stumbled upon Dark Injection! It was so cool, but I didn't have Galactic Adventures, so i bought it!
I downloaded everything correctly and in the right order, but the parts still show up invisible.
I'm wondering if it might have to do with the fact that I bought Spore as a disc and the Galactic Adventures through Origin online? I've watched countless tutorials, but their files are always in a different area than mine, and look different.
If it helps, I have Windows 8.
My files are at " OS (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > Spore "
and SPORE: GA is at " OS (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > SPORE: Galactic Adventures "

Other peoples spore files are in the same place, like "Electronic Arts" but mine are different, so i'm wondering if that's the problem? If so, is there any way to fix it? Thank you, and wonderful mod!
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

I think GA and spore need to be installed all together. I got them both from steam, and both games seem to use the same install folder. Also, which of the two folders did you install the mod in?
2pVaporeon
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by 2pVaporeon »

I installed the mods in Galactic Adventures. Is there any way i could put them in the same folder, if that is indeed the problem?
Osteoprod
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Osteoprod »

I Have been trying for days to get this to work and i just cant.. everything has been installed in the correct order and everything, but no matter what i try, it wont even show up. other mods work fine but this one wont.. i think it may be because i have spore on steam.. does anyone know how to make it work? thanks in advance :D
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Osteoprod wrote:I Have been trying for days to get this to work and i just cant.. everything has been installed in the correct order and everything, but no matter what i try, it wont even show up. other mods work fine but this one wont.. i think it may be because i have spore on steam.. does anyone know how to make it work? thanks in advance :D
Well here's a guaranteed way to make it work: BUY THE GAME ON DISK. As for a free means? List all the package files you have in your game (including the game itself), where you have them installed, and exactly what does happen. Screenshots help too, if that s doable. I'll do what I can to help you, but there is no guarantee it can be made to work with your existing copy of Spore. If it can't, then you have 2 options:
1) BUY THE GAME ON DISK.
2) Count yourself lucky that all other mods you've tried work just fine, because most Steam users don't have such a luxury.

Seddrik
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Seddrik »

Installed... on steam. Everything seems to be working except that the editor screen is VERY off center. Its practically impossible to edit in the creature phase since the view point is way above to the left, you cant get close enough to see what to change/adjust.

If no one has an idea... oh well. Thought I'd try the mod anyways.
-----------
Down graded from the NC package and it seems to work now. Editor is centered normally.
Everything except saving the creature. heh

Installed Spore, CC, GA up to 1.2.0.2818 (which is what steam automatically did).
Auto installer for spore updates from your site could not locate spore. So, I skipped those and just dropped in arenas, DI and core packages.
------

Trying diff options to see if anything works.
pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

The illegal mod parts never save properly, follow this tutorial (http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =33&t=4912)to make the game always force save (Warning, unnamed creatures can't be saved, and will get deleted, and it's possible to make mouthless creatures doing this, which may disable the mating call).
Osteoprod
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Osteoprod »

UPDATE: ok i got it to show up by downgrading from 2013_DI_NC to just 2013_DI... but there's still one big issue... none of the darkspore parts work, they are all invisible when added to the creature... so i guess i need to reinstall (Facepalm)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Osteoprod wrote:UPDATE: ok i got it to show up by downgrading from 2013_DI_NC to just 2013_DI... but there's still one big issue... none of the darkspore parts work, they are all invisible when added to the creature... so i guess i need to reinstall (Facepalm)
NONONONONONONO

Just switch to the version with the non-invisible parts, and unpack it with SporeMaster. Delete any folders of the following names:
Editor_Cameras~
And then repack the mod. It's okay if there's only one of them, because they're 2 separate names for the same folder. This will delete the modified cameras, and *should* re-center the editor view. If that doesn't work, try it again with these names:
editor_setup~
Let me know if that works!

pacca
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by pacca »

Is the portal gun part near the end of the DI parts list normally invisible? I'm using steam, so usually I'd just leave this alone, but its' the only part affected by this annoying bug (and I need portal gun!)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

pacguy64 wrote:Is the portal gun part near the end of the DI parts list normally invisible? I'm using steam, so usually I'd just leave this alone, but its' the only part affected by this annoying bug (and I need portal gun!)
That's not steam, it's the mod.I'm gonna add a model for it in 9.r .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”