Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
tinee123
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by tinee123 »

I use the mod and the eyes are messed up! :di: I tried putting a (with a space) in front of the two zarenas packages and it didn't work! please help me! what am I supposed to do????

:ga:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

tinee123 wrote:I use the mod and the eyes are messed up! :di: I tried putting a (with a space) in front of the two zarenas packages and it didn't work! please help me! what am I supposed to do????
Well firstly, where did you install the zArenas packages to? And secondly, you put what in front of them??
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
C0KEBATT
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by C0KEBATT »

Maybe I've skipped reading something in this thread on accident in some way or I'm missing some information im supposed to know but I have something that kinda bugs me...

For some reason after installing the 2015 camera fixed version of Dark Injection (and making sure it was the limitless complexity version), installing everything needed correctly, everything is working fine but the limitless complexity doesn't seem to work at all!

I don't know if its the new update that made this not work, but it's the one thing I really loved about the mod. :?

EDIT:

Also I have some Other weird issues, including:

The creature won't walk or do any actions (at least in Test Drive) and the Creepy and Cute parts are missing, including some bot parts.

I haven't tried out alot with this mod yet since i happen to be really scared of glitched and bugs (yet spore already is filled with all kinds of them)
If you're wondering, I haven't installed the Creepy and Cute expansion pack or the bot parts before, but I donk think that's the issue from what I know.

The only thing that I can think of that ruins this mod for me could be me playing it on Windows 10, who knows.

Another edit, yay...

Found out the "no moving" issue is just something with GA and has nothing to do with the mod, silly me.
ALL HAIL THE NEURAX WORM!
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Flames Kid »

when trying to convert some darkspore creations it comes up with this : Error reading image's creation ,what is it and how do i fix it?
Error: Too much data in the image
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Flames Kid wrote:when trying to convert some darkspore creations it comes up with this : Error reading image's creation ,what is it and how do i fix it?
Error: Too much data in the image
You don't. You tell me, I tell Emd, and he (hopefully) does.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

Sorry, I have no diea how to fix that bug. That is caused when there's too much data stored in the part of the image that the progrma can read, but I have no idea of how Spore does it to get it working, sorry :/
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Flames Kid »

sadface
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
coolgames
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by coolgames »

Hey Guys Why when i use dark injection in spore the parts doesn't have any animation?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

coolgames wrote:Hey Guys Why when i use dark injection in spore the parts doesn't have any animation?
What do you mean?

Leela1402
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Leela1402 »

Hey guys,

first I have to admit, I am from Germany and I speak english, but maybe not in a perfect way. So pardon me, if my grammar is wrong sometimes.

I just installed the DI 9r public Beta2 version for my daughter. She was so happy about it, and in the beginning I thought all works properly, but unfortunately she can't save the new created creatures.

I think the best will be to explain what I did, in case I did something wrong:

Okay. 1st I've downloaded and extracted the zArena-packages (but without adding a z at the beginning, because they already show a z at the beginning and due to this I thought, it's no longer needed.^^ I think this is maybe my first mistake? (So if yes, the 2 zArena-packages have to look like this? zzArena.... ? <- Pls answer this, too.)

I have extracted the zArena-packages to 'Core-'Spore -> Data-Folder.

After this I have downloaded the DI 9r Beta2-mod-files.

I have canceled the 4 Darkspore packages and the rest I have extracted to the Galactic Adventure -Data-folder. (In some topics I've read that some people add it to the EP1-Folder. But DI was running, after I did all the described things...so I thought I did it right. And I just did, what I could read in the 'read-me-actually important'-files.

So why is it not possible to save the new creations, after I have installed DI? Where is the mistake? (Only the 'z' I didn't add in front of the name of the zArena-packages?'

We bought GA only some weeks ago, even though we play spore already since years, I hope 'they' did no changes on GA.

I also want to say, that I appreciate your help and what you do for the Spore Community. Amazing work.

Thanks in advance. (A little girl -- almost 13 -- would be sooo happy if you help me/us to solve the problem. Leela1402 is our name in Spore, too.)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Leela1402 wrote:Hey guys,
Hello, and welcome to Davoonline!
Leela1402 wrote:first I have to admit, I am from Germany and I speak english, but maybe not in a perfect way. So pardon me, if my grammar is wrong sometimes.
Don't worry about it, as long as we can understand you, it's all fine ^-^
Leela1402 wrote:I just installed the DI 9r public Beta2 version for my daughter. She was so happy about it, and in the beginning I thought all works properly, but unfortunately she can't save the new created creatures.
Ah yeah, that one always hits the hardest. Thankfully it's an easy fix in 99.999999% of cases.
Leela1402 wrote:I think the best will be to explain what I did, in case I did something wrong:

Okay. 1st I've downloaded and extracted the zArena-packages (but without adding a z at the beginning, because they already show a z at the beginning and due to this I thought, it's no longer needed.^^ I think this is maybe my first mistake? (So if yes, the 2 zArena-packages have to look like this? zzArena.... ? <- Pls answer this, too.)

I have canceled the 4 Darkspore packages and the rest I have extracted to the Galactic Adventure -Data-folder. (In some topics I've read that some people add it to the EP1-Folder. But DI was running, after I did all the described things...so I thought I did it right. And I just did, what I could read in the 'read-me-actually important'-files.

So why is it not possible to save the new creations, after I have installed DI? Where is the mistake? (Only the 'z' I didn't add in front of the name of the zArena-packages?'
That was unusually thorough. However, I think this next bit is the real root of the problem:
Leela1402 wrote:We bought GA only some weeks ago, even though we play spore already since years, I hope 'they' did no changes on GA.
If "some weeks ago" was on or after March 20th, then you would already have the Spore game update that was released fairly recently. Sadly, this update broke numerous mods, either partially or completely. Dark Injection is currently in the "partially broken" category. Most of its features are largely intact, but the integrated Force Save was not one of them. The next Public Beta release should have this issue resolved (as well as fixing numerous other issues and adding a handful of new features, so I strongly recommend you keep watch for it, I'll be here if you need help getting everything set up). In the meantime though, you can use Steam Force Save. (Yes, it works on Origin Spore too, it's only called Steam Force Save because the existing Force Save mod never worked on the Steam version of Spore to begin with.)
Leela1402 wrote:1st I've downloaded and extracted the zArena-packages (but without adding a z at the beginning, because they already show a z at the beginning and due to this I thought, it's no longer needed.^^ I think this is maybe my first mistake? (So if yes, the 2 zArena-packages have to look like this? zzArena.... ? <- Pls answer this, too.)
No, you're correct. Problem is, many people don't bother reading the instructions, then they install the mod incorrectly, then they come crying to me for help, so out of desperation, I changed the default package names, and hadn't yet updated the included installation instructions.

Leela1402 wrote:I also want to say, that I appreciate your help and what you do for the Spore Community. Amazing work.
Well thank you.
Leela1402 wrote:Thanks in advance. (A little girl -- almost 13 -- would be sooo happy if you help me/us to solve the problem. Leela1402 is our name in Spore, too.)

Leela1402
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Leela1402 »

rob55rod wrote:
Leela1402 wrote:first I have to admit, I am from Germany and I speak english, but maybe not in a perfect way. So pardon me, if my grammar is wrong sometimes.
Leela1402 wrote:I just installed the DI 9r public Beta2 version for my daughter. She was so happy about it, and in the beginning I thought all works properly, but unfortunately she can't save the new created creatures.
Ah yeah, that one always hits the hardest. Thankfully it's an easy fix in 99.999999% of cases.
Leela1402 wrote:I think the best will be to explain what I did, in case I did something wrong:

That was unusually thorough. However, I think this next bit is the real root of the problem:
Leela1402 wrote:We bought GA only some weeks ago, even though we play spore already since years, I hope 'they' did no changes on GA.
If "some weeks ago" was on or after March 20th, then you would already have the Spore game update that was released fairly recently. Sadly, this update broke numerous mods, either partially or completely. Dark Injection is currently in the "partially broken" category. Most of its features are largely intact, but the integrated Force Save was not one of them. The next Public Beta release should have this issue resolved (as well as fixing numerous other issues and adding a handful of new features, so I strongly recommend you keep watch for it, I'll be here if you need help getting everything set up). In the meantime though, you can use Steam Force Save. (Yes, it works on Origin Spore too, it's only called Steam Force Save because the existing Force Save mod never worked on the Steam version of Spore to begin with.)
Leela1402 wrote:1st I've downloaded and extracted the zArena-packages (but without adding a z at the beginning, because they already show a z at the beginning and due to this I thought, it's no longer needed.^^ I think this is maybe my first mistake? (So if yes, the 2 zArena-packages have to look like this? zzArena.... ? <- Pls answer this, too.)
No, you're correct. Problem is, many people don't bother reading the instructions, then they install the mod incorrectly, then they come crying to me for help, so out of desperation, I changed the default package names, and hadn't yet updated the included installation instructions.

Leela1402 wrote:I also want to say, that I appreciate your help and what you do for the Spore Community. Amazing work.
Well thank you.
Leela1402 wrote:Thanks in advance. (A little girl -- almost 13 -- would be sooo happy if you help me/us to solve the problem. Leela1402 is our name in Spore, too.)
Thank you so much for your fast help, and sorry that I didn't reply earlier. My daughter was really sad, after I told her what you have answered. But I really aprreciate that you want to work on this issue in another update in the future. First I thought we can't use DI at all..but then I was really happy after I finished reading your whole reply. Thanks for all your amazing work.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Leela1402 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Well thank you.
Thank you so much for your fast help, and sorry that I didn't reply earlier. My daughter was really sad, after I told her what you have answered. But I really aprreciate that you want to work on this issue in another update in the future. First I thought we can't use DI at all..but then I was really happy after I finished reading your whole reply. Thanks for all your amazing work.
No problem. Glad to hear things are working out now :mrgreen:

paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

Hi! ive been looking around this forum for a while now, just to see the progress of dark injection and origin. If i understand correctly, i can download and use dark injection for spore origin just fine, but the forced save was broken? And if so, i could use the steam version for the time being? Im gonna get spore for origin, but i wasnt 100% sure if Dark injection was completly broken or stable enough.

thank you! :D
InfernoZola
Cell
Cell

Unread post by InfernoZola »

Well, besides some blips in the system, I have largely been able to fix my whole 'complexity' issue. Now a new problem has came up. If I add one too many parts to a creature, the game appears to freeze when I attempt to bring it onto the Test Drive screen to see how it looks. Initially I thought it was to do with core spore parts, but the same issue occurs with Coloured parts and DI parts.

My computer is nowhere near a dinosaur, and I am able to run games such as Skyrim Remastered and ARK fairly well. This being a hardware issue isn't exactly the problem due to that, as Spore has much lower system requirements. I have seen DETV create creatures much more complex than mine and not run into this issue. I have lost three creatures that I was almost done creating because of this issue (a chinese dragon, a dakotaraptor and Showa Gigan.)

If there are any fixes, could you please help?

Edit: In any case, a way to remove the captain/tribe/civ/space editors would be fookin' lovely. I managed to be frugal with the Gigan and got it, but like with the Qilin I did the same for, it's useless in GA because I can't add any captain parts to the damn thing. The Millenium one that I made works fine, but that's because I was even more frugal with its parts due to the fact I still had the complexity meter at that point.
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

..So does anyone know? regarding my previous question, its still unclear to me 8-)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:..So does anyone know? regarding my previous question, its still unclear to me 8-)
Oh, sorry...I seem to have missed that D:
paranoid_modder wrote:Hi! ive been looking around this forum for a while now, just to see the progress of dark injection and origin. If i understand correctly, i can download and use dark injection for spore origin just fine, but the forced save was broken? And if so, i could use the steam version for the time being? Im gonna get spore for origin, but i wasnt 100% sure if Dark injection was completly broken or stable enough.

thank you! :D
Dark Injection, among numerous other mods, has always been half-broken on Steam. The recent game update just made them equally broken on Origin. So now, all mods are equally broken on all versions of the game. But in a way, that's a good thing, since it lead to the discovery that all mods can be equally fixed on all versions of the game, and Dark Injection is no exception.

Does that clarify?

paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Dark Injection, among numerous other mods, has always been half-broken on Steam. The recent game update just made them equally broken on Origin. So now, all mods are equally broken on all versions of the game. But in a way, that's a good thing, since it lead to the discovery that all mods can be equally fixed on all versions of the game, and Dark Injection is no exception.

Does that clarify?
When I was talking about steam version, I was referring to the steam version of the force save mod. I saw it was uploaded as a replacement for the time being.

And alright, so I guess I should wait for dark injection to be completely fixed before I update from disk to origin then. I've been itching to play spore again, but the lack of online always put me off.

Thanks for the help! Hope everything goes well with you and your mods!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

paranoid_modder wrote:
Does that clarify?
When I was talking about steam version, I was referring to the steam version of the force save mod. I saw it was uploaded as a replacement for the time being.
Ohhhh...woops ._.
Well do note that Steam Force Save isn't Steam-exclusive, but at the time, there was no point in using it on anything else. That has changed now.
paranoid_modder wrote:And alright, so I guess I should wait for dark injection to be completely fixed before I update from disk to origin then. I've been itching to play spore again, but the lack of online always put me off.
Alright...just keep an eye out for the update .___.
paranoid_modder wrote:Thanks for the help! Hope everything goes well with you and your mods!
Np and thanks ^-^

jaiette
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by jaiette »

So sorry if this has been answered before, I'm just having a real tough problem right now regarding mods!
I'm a Mac user and I've downloaded a bunch of mods but most of them aren't working. I've noticed the ones that don't work don't display the same icon as the ones that do (as well as the original Spore files) so I'm wondering if my computer doesn't recognise them and thus they don't work in the game.
Here is a screenshot of my /Data folder.
All of the new Dark Injections mods work though, I've just taken them out of the folder.
The mods that don't work that I'd really like to have are forcesave and an unlimited complexity/DNA mod, which I believe comes with the 2015 DI mod shown in my folder?
Am I doing anything wrong? My Mac is version 10.5.8 if that makes a difference?? Is it just that my OS is too old?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”