Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by Static696 »

I also have 2 cell stage parts tab and the not textured and textured core spore parts all get affected by the arenas thingy

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

also were is the data file for core spore
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Static696, could you please use the edit button to add to your post instead of triple-posting?
Static696 wrote:also were is the data file for core spore
Where did you install Spore from, a disk, Origin, or Steam?
Static696 wrote:I also have 2 cell stage parts tab and the not textured and textured core spore parts all get affected by the arenas thingy
That's because you didn't install the Arenas_ packages to your Core Spore data folder, which I assume is due to you being unaware of its location :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

I have it on origin

I have the zArenas_RDX9.package and the zArenas_Textures.package
but is says I have to put is the core spore data folder but i don't know were it is
please could you tell me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:I have it on origin

I have the zArenas_RDX9.package and the zArenas_Textures.package
but is says I have to put is the core spore data folder but i don't know were it is
please could you tell me
I needed to know where you installed the game from, as that changes the path.

Since you have the game on Origin, you'll be able to find your Core Spore data folder at

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\Data
so just move zArenas_RDX9.package and zArenas_Textures.package to that folder and you'll be good to go. It is very important that you move them, rather than copying them.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

My computer cant find the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\Data

It only has :cc: and :ga: (were the mods are)
Attachments
yupyup.png
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

yet I do have spore on origin
Attachments
ckc.png
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:yet I do have spore on origin
Okay, that's weird. I'm just going to take a guess here, have you tried

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Data
?

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

That worked thank you so much! :D
Last edited by Static696 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696 wrote:That worked thank you so much! :D
No problem. I'm not sure why your Core Spore data folder was in the location typical of disk installs, but in any case you might want to make note of that location for future use. Never know when you might need it :lol:

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

When I go into the creature creator freely it works, but when I am doing it in game it messes up the whole camera,
Attachments
any help?
any help?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Static696, stop reporting bugs here. We have a whole subforum for that. Please create a new thread there for each bug you wish to report. Additionally, before reporting a bug, please check whether or not it has already been reported before reporting it.

Static696
Civilian
Civilian

ok ._. :?
KuzeeleGD
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by KuzeeleGD »

Question: I already have an older version of Dark Injection, can I just replace the old files with the new files? I don't wanna have to reinstall Spore again, I use a Mac OSX Lion btw, I have the newest DI on Windows 10 but the graphics card doesn't match so the graphics look really bad.

Also there's zPackage and the main DI file in my GA data folder too, what do I do with those?...

EDIT: I installed the new stuff and it seems to be working so far? oh, bg in test play is gone but everything else seems fine..Unfortunately the pupil problem still persists...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

KuzeeleGD wrote:Question: I already have an older version of Dark Injection, can I just replace the old files with the new files? I don't wanna have to reinstall Spore again, I use a Mac OSX Lion btw, I have the newest DI on Windows 10 but the graphics card doesn't match so the graphics look really bad.

Also there's zPackage and the main DI file in my GA data folder too, what do I do with those?...

EDIT: I installed the new stuff and it seems to be working so far? oh, bg in test play is gone but everything else seems fine..Unfortunately the pupil problem still persists...
Any DI packages present prior to installing 9.r must be removed.

The zArenas_ packages must be in your Core Spore Data folder and only your Core Spore Data folder. Having them in any other Data folders will prioritize them over the base game packages, thus causing the pupil problem and various other part texture-related oddities.

KuzeeleGD
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by KuzeeleGD »

rob55rod wrote: Any DI packages present prior to installing 9.r must be removed.

The zArenas_ packages must be in your Core Spore Data folder and only your Core Spore Data folder. Having them in any other Data folders will prioritize them over the base game packages, thus causing the pupil problem and various other part texture-related oddities.
Alright, thank you! did as you said and now it works like a charm!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

KuzeeleGD wrote:Alright, thank you! did as you said and now it works like a charm!
Glad to hear that :mrgreen:
Ugh, this mod really needs an installer, doesn't it?

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

it probably would benefit from one to be honest. also random note, if there are any features of the mod that change text files specific to the user, I might be able to write a program to modify any of that stuff automatically, if that's at all useful, idk
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Camßεn wrote:it probably would benefit from one to be honest.
Camßεn wrote:also random note, if there are any features of the mod that change text files specific to the user, I might be able to write a program to modify any of that stuff automatically, if that's at all useful, idk
What are you getting at?

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

well, im getting at that I might be able to write a program that automatically modifies user preference settings, if they can't just be replaced with a custom one. if it could be helpful then i might be able to do it.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”