Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:11 am

DarkEdgeTV wrote:Bah, typical!

No

DarkEdgeTV wrote:And yeah I remember the Stream

Yes

DarkEdgeTV wrote:(also experimented with it some more yesterday)

Yes

DarkEdgeTV wrote:it's a shame that wont solve the issue.

Yes

DarkEdgeTV wrote:Guess I am lucky

Yes

DarkEdgeTV wrote:><

No

I'd assume DarkEdgeTV would soon have wrote:...did you actually just shred that message to pieces?

Yes
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Let us know here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

DarkEdgeTV
First Class
First Class

Unread postby DarkEdgeTV » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:57 am

You seriously worry me sometimes. :|

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:38 am

DarkEdgeTV wrote:You seriously worry me sometimes. :|

D:

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread postby Davo » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:28 pm

I maxed out everything when I played
Support my Site via Adf.ly : View the Ad or Skip the Ad

katiki
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Unread postby katiki » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:43 pm

I just started modding spore a few days ago but finally got most of it working now after moving to Origin from Steam. I fully uninstalled steam version, and reinstalled origin and patched it etc.

All my mods (forcesave, darkspore parts, camben color parts) work great, except for 2 things.

1. None of it worked in the GA Data folder at all. It only started working when I shoved everything in the Core Spore data folder?
2. Complexity unlimiter, unlimited DNA (which im told is part of NC version of DI?) and boundless editing don't work. I had it working ONCE for a bit but closed the game because camera was going wonky, so I downloaded the camera fix version of DI_NC and haven't got it to work yet. Neither did going back to the non-camera fix version.

I'm on windows 10 with Origin steam. I feel like this is just corruption of the game or something but I REALLY don't want to reinstall since we have semi-bad internet and this took practically all day to get everything installed D:

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:44 am

katiki wrote:None of it worked in the GA Data folder at all. It only started working when I shoved everything in the Core Spore data folder?

Are you launching Spore through the Galactic Adventures version of SporeApp.exe (the one with the orange icon)? ._.

katiki wrote:Complexity unlimiter, unlimited DNA (which im told is part of NC version of DI?) and boundless editing don't work. I had it working ONCE for a bit but closed the game because camera was going wonky, so I downloaded the camera fix version of DI_NC and haven't got it to work yet. Neither did going back to the non-camera fix version.

If my understanding serves me, that wouldn't work regardless if you'd installed to the Core Spore data folder

katiki wrote:I'm on windows 10

Don't be on Windows 10, Spore is the least of your issues
katiki wrote:Origin steam

what
katiki wrote:I feel like this is just corruption of the game or something but I REALLY don't want to reinstall since we have semi-bad internet and this took practically all day to get everything installed D:

k, note to self: Don't suggest a reinstall until all other options are exhausted ._.

Darhagonable
Guru
Guru
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postby Darhagonable » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:50 am

rob55rod wrote:
katiki wrote:I'm on windows 10

Don't be on Windows 10, Spore is the least of your issues.

what is the problem with Windows 10?

katiki

Unread postby katiki » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:13 pm

rob55rod wrote:Are you launching Spore through the Galactic Adventures version of SporeApp.exe (the one with the orange icon)? ._.

Ah, thanks, I hadn't read anywhere that I'd had to launch it from that though I guess it makes sense considering everything I'm installing is essentially for GA at this point, not core spore. Everything works flawlessly.

rob55rod wrote:Don't be on Windows 10, Spore is the least of your issues

Thanks. Yep. I'll get on that right now. Yep, yep Thanks. Best suggestion. Lemme just. Take out $400. And buy a new one. Thanks. I have so much disposable income. It's fantastic. Free OSs everywhere. It's not like I decided to use this computer because my Ubuntu and ArchLinux laptops hate 90% of all games or anything.

Yes I'll agree that Windows 10 is not my favorite OS. But come on man, really? What did this even add to the discussion?

rob55rod wrote:what

Sorry? It was a typo dude. I meant Spore, if that wasn't contextually understandable.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:44 pm

katiki wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Are you launching Spore through the Galactic Adventures version of SporeApp.exe (the one with the orange icon)? ._.

Ah, thanks, I hadn't read anywhere that I'd had to launch it from that though I guess it makes sense considering everything I'm installing is essentially for GA at this point, not core spore. Everything works flawlessly.

Oh, okay. Great to hear that ^-^

katiki wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Don't be on Windows 10, Spore is the least of your issues

Thanks. Yep. I'll get on that right now. Yep, yep Thanks. Best suggestion. Lemme just. Take out $400. And buy a new one. Thanks. I have so much disposable income. It's fantastic. Free OSs everywhere. It's not like I decided to use this computer because my Ubuntu and ArchLinux laptops hate 90% of all games or anything.

Yes I'll agree that Windows 10 is not my favorite OS. But come on man, really? What did this even add to the discussion?

I guess I'd assumed you'd upgraded to Windows 10. Microsoft lets you downgrade to whatever you had before free if you choose to do so within 30 days. Sorry...just a passing thought :/
(Not to mention Windows 8 build 7850, one of the fastest and most stable builds of Windows ever compiled, as well as being a beta, making it free for use free of charge ._. )

katiki wrote:
rob55rod wrote:what

Sorry? It was a typo dude. I meant Spore, if that wasn't contextually understandable.

Oh, okay.
Sorry about that. Going on context alone...isn't exactly my area of experties :lol:

anonymousneko

Unread postby anonymousneko » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:13 pm

A. Origin
B. Latest
C. No
D. No
E. Main Data file
F. Same and Same as E/F

SO i tried to used the update file you linked and it basically said, "Already up to date"
Kind of upset because when i try to use the mods it just crashes my game the instant i click and drag.
(i never renamed them)

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:42 am

anonymousneko wrote:A. Origin
B. Latest
C. No
D. No
E. Main Data file
F. Same and Same as E/F

SO i tried to used the update file you linked and it basically said, "Already up to date"
Kind of upset because when i try to use the mods it just crashes my game the instant i click and drag.
(i never renamed them)

Huh, no Galactic Adventures. I've never seen that cause crashes when dragging parts, but I'd assume that would do it, as everything else seems correct...

...did you install Arenas_RDX9.package and Arenas_Textures.package ?

Knowws

Unread postby Knowws » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:35 am

Hi! I have problem! In all versions of Dark Injection is unable to place robotic hands and legs. U hust trying to grab it from menu, after when ucin after border of menu, grab is sopping, part is vanish and do not placing!

Its looks in all versions, what i tried:
ver8,ver9a and ver9r.

How to fix it? I want pobotiс parts, robotic hands with robotic wrists. Well, i want to construct a Necrons!

Look a part of this video, and u will understand me. Man on this video have same problem.
https://youtu.be/j2uvDFXzs44?t=3m16s

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Knowws wrote:Hi! I have problem! In all versions of Dark Injection is unable to place robotic hands and legs. U hust trying to grab it from menu, after when ucin after border of menu, grab is sopping, part is vanish and do not placing!

ver8,ver9a and ver9r.

How to fix it? I want pobotiс parts, robotic hands with robotic wrists. Well, i want to construct a Necrons!

Look a part of this video, and u will understand me. Man on this video have same problem.

Here, install this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y63x6 ... ed.package

Knowws

Unread postby Knowws » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:13 am

rob55rod wrote:
Knowws wrote:Hi! I have problem! In all versions of Dark Injection is unable to place robotic hands and legs. U hust trying to grab it from menu, after when ucin after border of menu, grab is sopping, part is vanish and do not placing!

ver8,ver9a and ver9r.

Here, install this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y63x6 ... ed.package

Oh, thanks! It works! :o :)

Knowws

Unread postby Knowws » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:47 am

Hmmm, now another problem - robotic heads are blocked to research on stage of "Creature", only availble in redators of creatures outside of campaing.
Why? How to unblock them? Their icons replaced to lock icons.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:21 am

Knowws wrote:Hmmm, now another problem - robotic heads are blocked to research on stage of "Creature", only availble in redators of creatures outside of campaing.
Why? How to unblock them? Their icons replaced to lock icons.

They cannot be unlocked ingame. I believe the original release of Bot Parts had this issue as well.

Neveldek

Unread postby Neveldek » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:56 am

I'm sorry if I am much of a bother.
But I've been trying to get the dark injection mod(s) work. I get the robot parts and a camera glitch, well I got the camera glitch and invisible robot parts fixed, but, Then, I realized I need the force save to save the creature, but it doesn't work, And also the 9v and complexity limit remove doesn't also work. (i'm not quite sure if I even did it right but I tried multiple times on two different computers.)
I installed spore from Origin and the game says it doesn't need any updates and that it's all caught up. And yes, I do have galactic adventures but I also have Creepy & cute particles and Creature Creator/editor and spore itself. and yes, Galactic adventures is also all caught up. I installed the mods from here: http://davoonline.com/sporemodder/rob55 ... /DI9r.html
And Force save from here: https://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/77441.page
The folder name *was* data
I do not have this folder named spore(inject here some random numbers and letters that I cannot remember)

PAS
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby PAS » Sun May 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Well, I'm having a problem
The only parts that i can use in the mod are teh Robotic parts, the other simply don't appear

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Sun May 22, 2016 7:20 pm

Heroprime2000 wrote:Well, I'm having a problem
The only parts that i can use in the mod are teh Robotic parts, the other simply don't appear

Do you have Galactic Adventures? Is it fully patched to version 1.5.1? Where did you install the mod to? If you installed the DI 9.r open beta, which components did you install?

PAS
Recruit
Recruit

Unread postby PAS » Sun May 22, 2016 7:35 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Heroprime2000 wrote:Well, I'm having a problem

Do you have Galactic Adventures? Is it fully patched to version 1.5.1? Where did you install the mod to? If you installed the DI 9.r open beta, which components did you install?

Fully patched, all expansions packs, Steamapps/Common/Spore/data

also, using the "Stable" version.

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”