Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
XRealX
Cell
Cell

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by XRealX »

rob55rod wrote:
XRealX wrote:Hello guys! Dark Injection 9.r 2.3.0 just crashes for me after I installed it and launched Spore with Spore ModAPI Launcher.

Before installing DI 9.r I had mods installed, but I removed them all after the game crashed.
After I removed all the mods except for DI 9.r the game still crashed.

I removed all the mods, including DI 9.r, and the game launched. It did not crash.
After I installed DI 9.r (justDI 9.r, not even force save), the game crashed again. And it keeps crashing.

I installed DI 9.r with the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer.

I have Spore, Galactic Adventures and Creepy & Cute Parts all patched to v5.1.
Public Beta 2.3.2 was supposed to be released yesterday specifically to address this issue, but IRL prevented me from having a chance to update the website. It's up now.
Oh, okay then. I'll download it later because my Internet is not the best:/

Update: It works! Yay! Thank you!
Last edited by XRealX on Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyumiterasu
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Kyumiterasu »

rob55rod wrote:
Kyumiterasu wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Currently, no. The issue is less DI itself and more the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit. That having been said, while I haven't a clue if there's any hope of doing so, I'd definitely like to bring the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit to macOS...but without regular access to someone who has a mac of some sort, I have no way of even being able to investigate the possibility of doing so.

Any chance you'd be open to lending a hand?
Sure! I'll be happy to contribute to this!
Great to hear. If you use Discord, I think that would be a better place to meet up to discuss this further, if you're open to that...
Alright, I'm there. See you soon.
CurrentYearLolcat
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by CurrentYearLolcat »

rob55rod wrote:Public Beta 2.3.2 was supposed to be released yesterday specifically to address this issue, but IRL prevented me from having a chance to update the website. It's up now.
Thank you so much! This update worked like a charm for me!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

XRealX wrote:Update: It works! Yay! Thank you!
CurrentYearLolcat wrote:Thank you so much! This update worked like a charm for me!
Great to hear. Sorry about all the trouble, to both of you. Here's hoping it'll be smooth sailing from here on out, but if not, please, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
TheMez003
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TheMez003 »

I'm having a problem installing the mod, the easy installer gives me an error. The problem is a DirectoryNotFoundException caused by the program trying to read the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Data folder, when obviously that doesn't exist
Dino_Edward
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Dino_Edward »

Is there any way to change the editor back to how it is in vanilla? I have a lot of trouble placing parts because I am not familiar with the darkspore editor layout.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheMez003 wrote:I'm having a problem installing the mod, the easy installer gives me an error. The problem is a DirectoryNotFoundException caused by the program trying to read the C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Data folder, when obviously that doesn't exist
Are you still having this problem?
Dino_Edward wrote:Is there any way to change the editor back to how it is in vanilla? I have a lot of trouble placing parts because I am not familiar with the darkspore editor layout.
While I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "the editor", I can say with certainty that the answer to your question is yes, as all of DI's features are optional.
To access the DI configurator, simply open the ModAPI Easy Uninstaller and click the center of the gear icon next to the entry for DI.

That having been said, if you're currently using the Full Darkspore UI, I would encourage you to try to get used to it before going back - it may be a bit of an adjustment, but the Full Darkspore UI is worth it in most cases, as it does bring in a number of functional advantages over the Core Spore UI, and takes up less screen real-estate in the editor. (Also there is a known bug in DI 9.r Public Beta 2.3.2 which breaks the Flexible Editor Camera's vertical repositioning behaviour unless the Full Darkspore UI or Darkspore Beta UI is in use, though this will be corrected in the next public build.)

Again though, it's your choice. While I wouldn't recommend rolling back, I believe that choice is important, so I'd be a hypocrite to not provide the option to use the Core Spore UI. If you do decide that the trade-off isn't worth it, you do have the option to go back to the Core Spore UI.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
d
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by d »

hey so my spore galactic adventures with dark injection always crashes when i mate or go into creature creator. I'm using a windows 10 and dark v9.r beta. Is there anyway to fix this i can give more details if necessary. :D
oh yeah i also use origin but i downloaded a fix for that
ileikspore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by ileikspore »

I had to Factory Reset my PC, and I reinstalled all my mods. But Spore crashes!

Also I’m using a old Dark injections because the new Dark injections is a .cnrdownload file, so the spore mod APi won’t work.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ileikspore wrote:Also I’m using a old Dark injections because the new Dark injections is a .cnrdownload file
No it doesn't, that just means the download was interrupted. Try downloading it again.

ileikspore
Cell
Cell

I just installed the new version, but it still crashes!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ileikspore wrote:I just installed the new version, but it still crashes!
Okay, I completely missed that part of your post, sorry about that.

Did Spore ever work after the factory reset?

ileikspore
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
ileikspore wrote:I just installed the new version, but it still crashes!
Okay, I completely missed that part of your post, sorry about that.

I can’t find my Sporebin_EP1 and Sporebin, Is that a problem?
ileikspore
Cell
Cell

ileikspore wrote:
ileikspore wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Okay, I completely missed that part of your post, sorry about that.

I can’t find my Sporebin_EP1 and Sporebin, Is that a problem?
I found them but it still crashes, so does the main game.
I finally got it to work, I still have to use the old Dark Injection, I got the current Dark Injection to work. But only for a minute or two.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ileikspore wrote:I finally got it to work, I still have to use the old Dark Injection, I got the current Dark Injection to work. But only for a minute or two.
Well then clearly all is not as it should be, there is no reason for which you should be stuck with an older version of Dark Injection. Care to elaborate?

ileikspore
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
ileikspore wrote:I finally got it to work, I still have to use the old Dark Injection, I got the current Dark Injection to work. But only for a minute or two.
Well then clearly all is not as it should be, there is no reason for which you should be stuck with an older version of Dark Injection. Care to elaborate?
Well, the SporeModAPi Launcher doesn’t work.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ileikspore wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Care to elaborate? What does "doesn't work" look like?

ileikspore
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
ileikspore wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Well then clearly all is not as it should be, there is no reason for which you should be stuck with an older version of Dark Injection. Care to elaborate?
Care to elaborate? What does "doesn't work" look like?
Well I always get a error message when trying it.
WJP123
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by WJP123 »

How do you install this to Steam?

Plz help, I really need to know
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

WJP123 wrote:How do you install this to Steam?

Plz help, I really need to know
Use the Spore: ModAPI Easy Installer.
Afterwards, launch the game through the ModAPI launcher.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”