Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
First Class

First Class

VanillaCold

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread postby VanillaCold » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:29 am

SilverGallium wrote:Now, everything is in the game when launched from the entry for :ga: in my Steam library, and the newest version of the mod changes the UI as intended, but the game crashes shortly after startup! It's the closest I've gotten so far, but certainly not what I wanted.

If this is your first time launching GA, uninstall all mods and reinstall them after launching an unmodded copy of GA.
If it isn't, try verifying the game's files.
Creator of Solar Spore and Spaceplanes.

My main account broke a while ago, which is why I created this alt.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:11 pm

VanillaCold wrote:After updating to the latest verison of the ModAPI, my game's started failing to detect the ModAPI too.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1613008307
My DataEP1 folder:
DataEP1.png

My copy of the ModAPI is located in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Spore\ModAPI.

EDIT: I've found a temporary solution to this problem: Launch Spore with the launch option "-state:creatureeditor".
For some reason, launching the creature editor before reaching the main menu cancels the ModAPI detection.

That's not a solution. Just because you've managed to circumvent the warning message doesn't mean the problem is solved. If it was solved, you wouldn't be seeing that warning.

Please elaborate on exactly what the problem is.

First Class

First Class

VanillaCold

Unread postby VanillaCold » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:13 am

rob55rod wrote:Please elaborate on exactly what the problem is.

The check for the ModAPI is broken, as when Spore is launched with the ModAPI, it still gives me the image I linked on my previous post.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:26 am

VanillaCold wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Please elaborate on exactly what the problem is.

The check for the ModAPI is broken, as when Spore is launched with the ModAPI, it still gives me the image I linked on my previous post.

...I misread your initial post on the matter.

Not entirely sure when you posted this, but there was another update yesterday, which has been reported to help. Try that. If it doesn't help...

Try going to %appdata% and deleting the "Spore ModAPI Launcher" folder. See if that helps. If not, then tell me...do you get any other messages prior to starting the game? If not, can you create a new text document called "debug.txt" in your ModAPI Launcher Kit folder, and then send me all of the messageboxes the ModAPI Launcher produces the next time you run it?

First Class

First Class

VanillaCold

Unread postby VanillaCold » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:22 pm

rob55rod wrote:
VanillaCold wrote:Not entirely sure when you posted this, but there was another update yesterday, which has been reported to help. Try that. If it doesn't help...

Try going to %appdata% and deleting the "Spore ModAPI Launcher" folder. See if that helps. If not, then tell me...do you get any other messages prior to starting the game? If not, can you create a new text document called "debug.txt" in your ModAPI Launcher Kit folder, and then send me all of the messageboxes the ModAPI Launcher produces the next time you run it?

Either the latest update or the removal of the folder in Appdata fixed it. Thanks! Image

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”