Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Dragonstomper
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:39 pm
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #401 by Dragonstomper » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:26 pm

rob55rod wrote:Known bug. Not a DI bug, either, although DI has been known to, in certain cases, make it more likely to happen. In any case, try slightly repositioning one part and re-saving. That sometimes works for me, as it forces the game to rebuild the creature's cached model and textures.


Alright cool, thanks. I had no idea, hundreds of hours and never seen it before.



Recruit

Recruit

Kisutora
User avatar
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Zodiac: Gemini
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #402 by Kisutora » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:49 am

Are all parts from every category obtainable in the creature stage?

Are you planning on doing anything for the *** and placeholder part names?

Why are there 2 tabs for these?
Spoiler: show
Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3156
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #403 by rob55rod » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:33 am

Kisutora wrote:Are all parts from every category obtainable in the creature stage?

Currently no, I'm still looking into how to allow parts from categories not present in the base game to be unlocked.

Kisutora wrote:Are you planning on doing anything for the *** and placeholder part names?

Yes. They're placeholders, their entire purpose is to serve as a stand-in for something else that isn't ready .-.

Kisutora wrote:Why are there 2 tabs for these?
Spoiler: show
Image

One has Core Spore textures, the other has Darkspore textures.

Recruit

Recruit

Kisutora
User avatar
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Zodiac: Gemini
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #404 by Kisutora » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:52 am

rob55rod wrote:
Kisutora wrote:Are you planning on doing anything for the *** and placeholder part names?

Yes. They're placeholders, their entire purpose is to serve as a stand-in for something else that isn't ready .-.


Yes indeed. What I probably meant was if it's a high priority task or not.
Thanks! :>

First Class

First Class

ThatDemonDavid
User avatar
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:51 pm
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #405 by ThatDemonDavid » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:28 pm

rob55rod wrote:
ThatDemonDavid wrote:http://imgur.com/a/lkZu6

After hunting down a mirror of Unofficial Patch 7 and inspecting its files, I've determined that it is the cause of the problem. It tried to facilitate DI, and instead shot it in the foot. So just uninstall that and you'll be good to go.

Made a mod which makes patch 7 not replace textures or models.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Patch7_Data.package
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3156
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #406 by rob55rod » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:23 am

Kisutora wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Kisutora wrote:Are you planning on doing anything for the *** and placeholder part names?

Yes. They're placeholders, their entire purpose is to serve as a stand-in for something else that isn't ready .-.


Yes indeed. What I probably meant was if it's a high priority task or not.
Thanks! :>

Ohhhh...it's not exactly at the top of my list, but not at the bottom, either. Trouble is, we don't know a lot of the names.

If anyone here has played Darkspore and has sufficiently photographic memory to recall any of the names the Core Spore parts had in Darkspore, that would be extremely helpful.

Recruit

Recruit

Kisutora
User avatar
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Zodiac: Gemini
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #407 by Kisutora » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:20 am

For the next version of Dark Injections can we expect that it would be 100% compatible with the current 2.1.6 creatures and saves?
Can you give us any estimate as to when the release would be?
Do you have any new features in mind?

Corporal

Corporal

Flames Kid
User avatar
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:52 pm
Location: Octurna
Gender: Male
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #408 by Flames Kid » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:33 pm

rob55rod wrote:
Kisutora wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Yes. They're placeholders, their entire purpose is to serve as a stand-in for something else that isn't ready .-.


Yes indeed. What I probably meant was if it's a high priority task or not.
Thanks! :>

Ohhhh...it's not exactly at the top of my list, but not at the bottom, either. Trouble is, we don't know a lot of the names.

If anyone here has played Darkspore and has sufficiently photographic memory to recall any of the names the Core Spore parts had in Darkspore, that would be extremely helpful.


you could just look though a lot of play throughs
:di:
Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3156
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #409 by rob55rod » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Flames Kid wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Kisutora wrote:
Yes indeed. What I probably meant was if it's a high priority task or not.
Thanks! :>

Ohhhh...it's not exactly at the top of my list, but not at the bottom, either. Trouble is, we don't know a lot of the names.
If anyone here has played Darkspore and has sufficiently photographic memory to recall any of the names the Core Spore parts had in Darkspore, that would be extremely helpful.

you could just look though a lot of play throughs

Image

Corporal

Corporal

Flames Kid
User avatar
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:52 pm
Location: Octurna
Gender: Male
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #410 by Flames Kid » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:37 pm

:lol: lol :lol:
:di:
Image

Private

Private

paranoid_modder
User avatar
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:49 pm
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #411 by paranoid_modder » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:12 pm

oh, i couldnt help but notice that the website for dark injection just listen an updated version of dark injection mod? im sorry if this is a stupid question but its the easiest for me to figure out, is the newest version the one that works on origin? my current version of dark injection is the public beta 2.0.6

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3156
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #412 by rob55rod » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:53 pm

paranoid_modder wrote:oh, i couldnt help but notice that the website for dark injection just listen an updated version of dark injection mod? im sorry if this is a stupid question but its the easiest for me to figure out, is the newest version the one that works on origin?

Yes, 2.1.6 works on updated Origin Spore.

paranoid_modder wrote:my current version of dark injection is the public beta 2.0.6

...you're behind, lol

Private

Private

paranoid_modder
User avatar
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:49 pm
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #413 by paranoid_modder » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:42 pm

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:oh, i couldnt help but notice that the website for dark injection just listen an updated version of dark injection mod? im sorry if this is a stupid question but its the easiest for me to figure out, is the newest version the one that works on origin?

Yes, 2.1.6 works on updated Origin Spore.

paranoid_modder wrote:my current version of dark injection is the public beta 2.0.6

...you're behind, lol


so sorry about that, i have been totally out of the loop :/ but im so happy to see that i can play spore online again! only problem would be my other old mods that wont work anymore... or at least some of them. i hope they will be updated soon.

i will download DI tomorrow, but id like to just say that youve done a great job! this is really amazing ;v;

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

brutaljeffrey
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:53 pm
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #414 by brutaljeffrey » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:57 pm

hello i just wanted to ask if creations from version 2.0.6 would work with the newest update to dark injection?
since updating i cannot edit most of my past creations

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3156
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #415 by rob55rod » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:37 pm

paranoid_modder wrote:so sorry about that, i have been totally out of the loop :/ but im so happy to see that i can play spore online again! only problem would be my other old mods that wont work anymore... or at least some of them. i hope they will be updated soon.

Most mods should be updated eventually, as time goes on.

paranoid_modder wrote:i will download DI tomorrow, but id like to just say that youve done a great job! this is really amazing ;v;

Thank :mrgreen:


brutaljeffrey wrote:hello i just wanted to ask if creations from version 2.0.6 would work with the newest update to dark injection?
since updating i cannot edit most of my past creations

That's...not normal. To the best of my awareness, no compatibility breaks have occurred between Public Betas 2.0.6 and 2.1.6 ._.

Private

Private

paranoid_modder
User avatar
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:49 pm
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #416 by paranoid_modder » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Most mods should be updated eventually, as time goes on.


the issue is when they are abandoned :/

EDIT: sorry i didnt want to touble post, but i now have spore and everything up and running on origin, with the installer set, most of my old dark injection creations are locked out, if not all of them. What do? i made sure that all other mods i have were installed, and all of them works, even those that gave me extra parts on both creature editor as well as adventure editor. however, all creatures and buildings and adventures have that little lock on it.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3156
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #417 by rob55rod » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:02 pm

paranoid_modder wrote:
Most mods should be updated eventually, as time goes on.


the issue is when they are abandoned :/

EDIT: sorry i didnt want to touble post, but i now have spore and everything up and running on origin, with the installer set, most of my old dark injection creations are locked out, if not all of them. What do? i made sure that all other mods i have were installed, and all of them works, even those that gave me extra parts on both creature editor as well as adventure editor. however, all creatures and buildings and adventures have that little lock on it.

1. Wait, all of your creations, or only the DI/modded ones?
2. Did you add the creations in before or after reinstalling DI and any other mods used?

Private

Private

paranoid_modder
User avatar
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:49 pm
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #418 by paranoid_modder » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:32 pm

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
Most mods should be updated eventually, as time goes on.


the issue is when they are abandoned :/

EDIT: sorry i didnt want to touble post, but i now have spore and everything up and running on origin, with the installer set, most of my old dark injection creations are locked out, if not all of them. What do? i made sure that all other mods i have were installed, and all of them works, even those that gave me extra parts on both creature editor as well as adventure editor. however, all creatures and buildings and adventures have that little lock on it.

1. Wait, all of your creations, or only the DI/modded ones?
2. Did you add the creations in before or after reinstalling DI and any other mods used?


1. ALL the creations which uses DI parts.
2. i added in all my creations before installing DI. in fact i adde ALL my mods AFTER installing core spore and GA

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3156
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #419 by rob55rod » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:43 pm

paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
the issue is when they are abandoned :/

EDIT: sorry i didnt want to touble post, but i now have spore and everything up and running on origin, with the installer set, most of my old dark injection creations are locked out, if not all of them. What do? i made sure that all other mods i have were installed, and all of them works, even those that gave me extra parts on both creature editor as well as adventure editor. however, all creatures and buildings and adventures have that little lock on it.

1. Wait, all of your creations, or only the DI/modded ones?
2. Did you add the creations in before or after reinstalling DI and any other mods used?


1. ALL the creations which uses DI parts.
2. i added in all my creations before installing DI. in fact i adde ALL my mods AFTER installing core spore and GA

1. Oh
2. Well there's your problem - Spore's great about detecting that it can't load creations, but it's terrible about noticing when something's been installed such that it now can. Never add modded creations before the prerequisite mods are in place.

Private

Private

paranoid_modder
User avatar
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:49 pm
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post #420 by paranoid_modder » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:45 pm

rob55rod wrote:
paranoid_modder wrote:
rob55rod wrote:1. Wait, all of your creations, or only the DI/modded ones?
2. Did you add the creations in before or after reinstalling DI and any other mods used?


1. ALL the creations which uses DI parts.
2. i added in all my creations before installing DI. in fact i adde ALL my mods AFTER installing core spore and GA

1. Oh
2. Well there's your problem - Spore's great about detecting that it can't load creations, but it's terrible about noticing when something's been installed such that it now can. Never add modded creations before the prerequisite mods are in place.


oh ok, so if i uninstall and reinstall spore, put in my mods, and THEN move over saves and creations, i should be fine?


Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests