Artillery Strike Weapon Request

chaptmc
Creature
Creature

Artillery Strike Weapon Request

Unread post by chaptmc »

I normally am not one to request much in terms of assistance of modding anymore, as I seen the trouble it caused when I did so on the Bethesda forums, however, this is one I am stumped with. I would like to create a weapon that shoots a projectile at an enemy, and wien it hits the enemy if outdoors that an Artillery Strike comes down (One Missle) and hits the enemy.

Everytime I try to create such a weapon, I shoot and it does nothing. I have used other people's mods as references, and looked up online tutorials which really don't help much. The most luck I had was a tutorial that made the artillery come down onto me everytime, and that is not what I want. So if anybody could provide a working tutorial or assist me in creating this, I would really appreciate the help.

-Chaptmc

Edit: In case anybody is confused in terms of what I mean, I want to make a weapon like the one in this video, but in my mod without having to fuse mods together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN_XcS7UGXA .

p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Artillery Strike Weapon Request

Unread post by p.d »

You could probably do this with a spit attack by using a creature animation like the remote control and having the nuclear explosion be the impact effect. I've been thinking about doing this myself, but I don't have the ID for the nuclear bomb effect.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

p.d this is for fallout. not spore.
chaptmc
Creature
Creature

Unread post by chaptmc »

Even if somebody were to create the weapon for me and not add it to the game anywhere as a .esp, that would be helpful. If anybody would like to do that, I wanted to use a laser pistol, with a non-hostile laser shot. I dunno creating one is so buggy on my PC that it doesn't want to work when I do it, so this might be the best method, if anybody is willing to help me. Don't worry, if I complete the mod, which I intend to, the person would recieve credit for the weapon.
chaptmc
Creature
Creature

Unread post by chaptmc »

p.d wrote:You could probably do this with a spit attack by using a creature animation like the remote control and having the nuclear explosion be the impact effect. I've been thinking about doing this myself, but I don't have the ID for the nuclear bomb effect.
I get what you're referring to. Using Centuar Spit as the Activator for say. This worked with using a Teddy Bear Activator from a tutorial. Sadly, the bear always aims for my character with the missle it shoots. I don't feel like playing the game in 'God Mode', no offense. I would like the activator to shoot the Artillery missle and have it hit what the targeting weapon hits with it's non-hostile projectile, kinda like in the youtube video I posted a link to.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i will playaround with your ideas chap
chaptmc
Creature
Creature

Unread post by chaptmc »

Davo wrote:i will playaround with your ideas chap
Thank you :) . I just hope it works for you, and that this isn't another instance of Vista idiocy, like what happened causing my GECK to bug out and not be able to add new sounds (Using FOEdit to bypass that).
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

and you dont have new vegas? seems like you want is scripted in there
chaptmc
Creature
Creature

Unread post by chaptmc »

I do have New Vegas for PC. I never broke the disc out yet. Since you're sharing that information with me, I'll download the GECK for it and look around.
chaptmc
Creature
Creature

Unread post by chaptmc »

I looked through the New Vegas scripting, and I couldn't find what I was looking for. What scripts are they exactly? I learned through searching, trial and error how to make indestructible weapons(Weapons that don't take damage) without a script or setting the health on the weapon rediculously high (Which with your permission Davo, I would like to create the thread for that in the modding area), but that wasn't what I was trying to do.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i want to say its with the old world blues expansion that was just released. if not, the boomers have an artillery gun that launches near anyone getting close. that is no expanions. you can do what you need to do my friend.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Modding”