Sporemod API for Mac

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
Recruit

Recruit

Kyumiterasu

Sporemod API for Mac

Unread postby Kyumiterasu » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:23 pm

Hello, everyone. This is my first post here, and I feel like this is important to share with you all.

For the past few days, rob55rod and I have been discussing the possibility of creating a .app version of Sporemod API. Currently, the program is only usable for Windows, as it is a .exe file. If you aren't familiar, MacOS can only run applications that are .app files, not .exe ones. It's kinda possible to make the API run through a program called Wine, but I cannot access any .sporemod files from it. It's really convoluted.

Rod and I did some research. It turns out that the Mac version of Spore is really just the Windows version running on a (approximately) 10-year-old version of Wine. It's really weird, so it'll be even more of a challenge to make an API that can run through that.

What I'm trying to convey here is that we're gonna need some technical help. I really want to get Dark Injections and other API mods onto my Macbook, and expand them to a greater amount of Spore users. If you have experience with MacOS, and would like to contribute, please reply. The more feedback, the better we can do to make a miracle happen.

Robpleasedon'tkillmeIjustwanttohelpIknowyouandthedevscandoitbecauseIdon'tknowhowtoprogram
Last edited by Kyumiterasu on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Recruit

Recruit

Kyumiterasu

Re: Sporemod API for Mac

Unread postby Kyumiterasu » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Looking back on this, I'm concerned if this should belong in WIP or Mod Ideas... well, we did do research, so I guess it planning counts as a WIP.

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

arthrfrts

Unread postby arthrfrts » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi! I want to help you with this. I'm trying to use SporeModderFX on macOS these days too.

Recruit

Recruit

Kyumiterasu

Unread postby Kyumiterasu » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:19 pm

arthrfrts wrote:Hi! I want to help you with this. I'm trying to use SporeModderFX on macOS these days too.

Great! Can you discuss more on Discord?

Staff Sergeant

Staff Sergeant

VanillaCold

Unread postby VanillaCold » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:07 am

arthrfrts wrote:I'm trying to use SporeModderFX on macOS these days too.

Sporemodder FX will work on Mac if you have Java installed.
Creator of Solar Spore, Adventure Water and Spaceplanes.

My main account broke a while ago, so I created this alt.

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”