Bet's Custom Music

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
LilyValley
Creature
Creature

Bet's Custom Music

Unread post by LilyValley »

Hey! I managed to put a little something together last night and I'm here to show you the results: I picked out some music for adventures and added it to the editor! Take a look here:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA5e51mCBLQ[/youtube]

It features a little bit of Pokémon music, among other things. If you want to hear a type of instrumental music, request it and then I'll search for a track! If you have a specific song in mind, you can ask about that.. but I'd appreciate if it didn't have vocals/lyrics and it would be free/safe to download. So I think I will release the mod when I have 10-15 tracks and update it from there.

(PS. I got my downloads working, initially I was using too much memory but lowering the settings worked fantastically!)

Be sure to see my Spore videos on YouTube! You can find me under BetLV.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Bet's Custom Music

Unread post by Shattered »

Just wondering how you even did that? is it possible to use Sporemaster to do that? or do I need to learn how to use Sporemodder?
Thanks for killing me
LilyValley
Creature
Creature

MelonLordToph wrote:Just wondering how you even did that? is it possible to use Sporemaster to do that? or do I need to learn how to use Sporemodder?
SporeModder has example projects which contains a readme and files for custom music. I think it's possible in SporeMaster, but I did it in Sporemodder just because it's easier on me. I had to consult a lot of guides, both for Spore and for others in the process.

Music files are in a special format but with a tool you can convert music (preferably mp3) through your command prompt to what's needed for the game.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

LilyValley wrote:
MelonLordToph wrote:Just wondering how you even did that? is it possible to use Sporemaster to do that? or do I need to learn how to use Sporemodder?
SporeModder has example projects which contains a readme and files for custom music. I think it's possible in SporeMaster, but I did it in Sporemodder just because it's easier on me. I had to consult a lot of guides, both for Spore and for others in the process.

Music files are in a special format but with a tool you can convert music (preferably mp3) through your command prompt to what's needed for the game.
Thanks very much for the advice. One more thing. What is this command that I use to convert mp3 files into spore music files? I know how to use the command prompt in Windows, but not very much.
Thanks for killing me
LilyValley
Creature
Creature

MelonLordToph wrote:
LilyValley wrote:

Thanks very much for the advice. One more thing. What is this command that I use to convert mp3 files into spore music files? I know how to use the command prompt in Windows, but not very much.
Well you need ealayer3 and I use version 6.3(which if I remember uses this method unlike other versions).. to do so (preferably) take your mp3 and put it where ealayer3.exe is (you need to extract it). Open command prompt and drag ealayer's exe into the window. Then you hit space and then type "-E" without quotes and another space. Get your mp3 and drag it to the prompt, then after that hit space once more.

Type -o and add a space before putting your mp3 into the window again.. but this time go to the end of your filename and replace mp3 with snr. It's time for the last few details, you need to hit space and then type --single-block just like that. After confirming with enter you should have your brand new snr file within the same place as the mp3 you put in with the contents of ealayer 3.
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

LilyValley wrote:
MelonLordToph wrote:
LilyValley wrote:

Well you need ealayer3 and I use version 6.3(which if I remember uses this method unlike other versions).. to do so (preferably) take your mp3 and put it where ealayer3.exe is (you need to extract it). Open command prompt and drag ealayer's exe into the window. Then you hit space and then type "-E" without quotes and another space. Get your mp3 and drag it to the prompt, then after that hit space once more.

Type -o and add a space before putting your mp3 into the window again.. but this time go to the end of your filename and replace mp3 with snr. It's time for the last few details, you need to hit space and then type --single-block just like that. After confirming with enter you should have your brand new snr file within the same place as the mp3 you put in with the contents of ealayer 3.
Is it possible to convert entire folders with this method?
Thanks for the really quick reply
Thanks for killing me
LilyValley
Creature
Creature

As far as I know, it's just one file at a time.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

It is. Just use the "*.mp3" as the source file's name.

These little command line tricks I keep picking up always seem to become useful for the most unexpected of things...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
LilyValley
Creature
Creature

Hey everyone! I have compiled 16 tracks for the first release of my music mod, grab a link a the bottom of this post! Features music from Pokemon Sun and Moon, PMD2 Remastered, some tracks by Electricmudkip (Emdasche) on YT, PMD remastered, PSMD, YT audio library and Soundcloud!

Another thing.. the file is already pretty big. Do I update it as a single package or add more installments for future tracks? Either way, this isn't the end of my project(s).

Link to the first release here! https://mega.nz/#!w3YBHBgb!wSo2Uk7_ic6l ... gs-EdnrfEQ
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

LilyValley wrote:Another thing.. the file is already pretty big. Do I update it as a single package or add more installments for future tracks? Either way, this isn't the end of my project(s).
I'd say update it as one package - it'll make Adventure authors' lives easier, since they won't have to deal with communicating which packages the user will need in order to play the adventure. (never underestimate the importance of idiot-proofing your mods :lol: )

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Ocyria
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Ocyria »

Add Smash Mouth- all-star tbhenito.
DaxMarko
Cell
Cell

Unread post by DaxMarko »

Can you do this to replace certain music in game, such as main menu, or editor music?
Limit
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

DaxMarko wrote:Can you do this to replace certain music in game, such as main menu, or editor music?
Kind of. Editor music can be changed, but there are issues, such as that it doesn't loop and doesn't obey the "Music volume" slider...

...neither of these would be a problem if the custom music was EAPd-based, but unless someone here knows Pure Data and hasn't told anyone, then we're stuck with SNR tracks :/

Tigerthjeu
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Tigerthjeu »

LilyValley wrote:Hey! I managed to put a little something together last night and I'm here to show you the results: I picked out some music for adventures and added it to the editor! Take a look here:

It features a little bit of Pokémon music, among other things. If you want to hear a type of instrumental music, request it and then I'll search for a track! If you have a specific song in mind, you can ask about that.. but I'd appreciate if it didn't have vocals/lyrics and it would be free/safe to download. So I think I will release the mod when I have 10-15 tracks and update it from there.

(PS. I got my downloads working, initially I was using too much memory but lowering the settings worked fantastically!)
Woo! I would like to see Kirby music. And The Elder Scrolls Online has an awesome soundtrack! :mrgreen:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
:mrgreen:
Tigerthjeu
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Tigerthjeu »

Tigerthjeu wrote:
LilyValley wrote:Hey! I managed to put a little something together last night and I'm here to show you the results: I picked out some music for adventures and added it to the editor! Take a look here:

Woo! I would like to see Kirby music. And The Elder Scrolls Online has an awesome soundtrack! :mrgreen:
Perhaps ESO is a little too much. Idk what Zenimax would think about it.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
:mrgreen:
Ench42
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Ench42 »

rob55rod wrote:It is. Just use the "*.mp3" as the source file's name.
Can I use this method in a .bat file?
PLANT
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by PLANT »

Question: I want to know how to loop those music.
TheUltraCube6723
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by TheUltraCube6723 »

How do you convert MP3 to .SNR files usable by Spore? Or make MP3 files usable by Spore in general? I really want to make a music mod
Just another fellow user.

It's possible to improve Spore's graphics using Reshade. I'm planning a V0.2 public release soon
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheUltraCube6723 wrote:How do you convert MP3 to .SNR files usable by Spore? Or make MP3 files usable by Spore in general? I really want to make a music mod
http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 108&t=6282

Olyenka
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Olyenka »

Do you think you can add the intrumental songs from Ginga Nagareboshi Gin soundtrack? I love GNG and I'd add the tracks myself, but I don't know how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsX9TgD ... 2qJfHUEAhD
"This thing took like an hour to make but it was so worth it." - me
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”