[PRE-ALPHA RELEASE] Branching Evolution

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

[PRE-ALPHA RELEASE] Branching Evolution

Unread post by rob55rod »

ImageImage

Download Pre-Alpha

Note: Any plants made using this pre-alpha may or may not be compatible with the final release. Also, things can and probably will break, so don't come crying to me when something crashes.

To access the Flora Editors, you can either...
a) Go into the Adventure editor, go to Terraform mode, go to the Flora category, open the Sporepedia selector for your desired plant size, then click "Create your own"
or
b) Run the game with the following command line options:

Code: Select all

-state:floraeditorsmall
(Small Flora Editor)

-state:floraeditormedium
(Medium Flora Editor)

-state:floraeditorlarge
(Large Flora Editor)

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT]Branching Evolution, the most usable Flora Editor since E3 2006

Unread post by Davo »

technically, the most usable flora editor since my release... and i'd like to think i worked hard on getting the original flora editor to work, but ended as another project i ran out of time for.

I still thank the modders before us who figured out what they could to get us where we are today and thank you guys who pick up on the ideas seen then and progress them in the future.

you think noone is paying attention and then a following appears out of nowhere.
You guys rock.

The actual fruit works, the models never appeared in the editor right for me. Applying the 'fruit' model seemed to just enable the fruit=yes flag on the tree. It properly appeared on small trees when playing creature stage, but never tried tribal.

Hope that helps in some way.

PS, mediafire is bugging for me and i cant DL anything from that site.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT]Branching Evolution, the most usable Flora Editor since E3 2006

Davo wrote:technically, the most usable flora editor since my release... and i'd like to think i worked hard on getting the original flora editor to work, but ended as another project i ran out of time for.

I still thank the modders before us who figured out what they could to get us where we are today and thank you guys who pick up on the ideas seen then and progress them in the future.

you think noone is paying attention and then a following appears out of nowhere.
You guys rock.

The actual fruit works, the models never appeared in the editor right for me. Applying the 'fruit' model seemed to just enable the fruit=yes flag on the tree. It properly appeared on small trees when playing creature stage, but never tried tribal.

Hope that helps in some way.

PS, mediafire is bugging for me and i cant DL anything from that site.
The E3 2006 thing was partially about the skin quality and scaling crash, but mostly just a marketing thing. We all know you laid the foundation, as this started out as a tiny edit to your mod, and Branched out and Evolved (ba dum tsss) into the content shown above.

If the fruit ability works...then I absolutely HAVE to try and fix the Space Stage issue. Apparently that crashes because the plants generate at every coordinate on the planet that isn't water, creating a massive lagfoam around the entire planet that instantly crashes the game. That might be fixable. I'm definitely gonna try.

I suppose we should create some kind of tribute or something, to those who modded before us and documented all this crazy stuff and made the tools...Emd included xD

Also, as for your MediaFire issue...I'll upload those DI 9.r files as attachments when I get a chance, probably tomorrow. Does it affect images as well?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

images?

speaking of images, did you solve the flora.png issue when a tree is saved?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Davo wrote:images?

speaking of images, did you solve the flora.png issue when a tree is saved?
Eh...the black PNGs? That's the same problem as the black in paint mode bug, and both are mostly solved by switching to low graphics settings (the parts still get jammed into the root of the model *ba dum tsss*, but atleast you can see the paint and get a full-colour PNG that way).

Noonyhead44
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Noonyhead44 »

I bet your giant mod will be fantastic!

do you have a planned release date may I ask? It's okay if you don't.
A hashtag is actually called an octothorpe.

#Octothorpe! (sounds legit)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Noonyhead44 wrote:I bet your giant mod will be fantastic!

Spore Resurrection: Next Steps isn't technically mine, I'm just part of the :sr: team :7

Release date ...release date ...releasedate ...releasedatereleasedate ...releasedatereleasedatereleasedate ...nope, nothing on that as far as I'm aware xD

Noonyhead44
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Noonyhead44 »

rob55rod wrote:
Noonyhead44 wrote:I bet your giant mod will be fantastic!

Spore Resurrection: Next Steps isn't technically mine, I'm just part of the :sr: team :7

Release date ...release date ...releasedate ...releasedatereleasedate ...releasedatereleasedatereleasedate ...nope, nothing on that as far as I'm aware xD
that's fine, I might also want to re download Sporemaster too.
A hashtag is actually called an octothorpe.

#Octothorpe! (sounds legit)
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by florentinenoble »

do you happen to have any progress? or is this mod dead like the ux 2006 one?
[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

spikd_telecaster wrote:do you happen to have any progress? or is this mod dead like the ux 2006 one?
2006 UX is alone in its deadness. Branching Evolution is very much alive.

florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by florentinenoble »

ah, okay. just wanted to make sure. :3
[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Shattered »

I still can't wait for this to be released.. I love drawing plants as ideas for what I will make when SRNS is released fully.
Thanks for killing me
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Futuritis wrote:I still can't wait for this to be released.. I love drawing plants as ideas for what I will make when SRNS is released fully.
Who knows? The next SRNS release could be Branching Evolution. One never knows in advance :lol:

arlisbloxer05
Cell
Cell

Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT]Branching Evolution, the most usable Flora Editor since Davo's Flora Editor

Unread post by arlisbloxer05 »

I know im necro'ing this but i need to know, IS THIS STILL ALIVE?

Trust me, i've been hyped for this for a long time
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT]Branching Evolution, the most usable Flora Editor since Davo's Flora Editor

arlisbloxer05 wrote:I know im necro'ing this
Not an issue here, don't worry.
arlisbloxer05 wrote:IS THIS STILL ALIVE?
Yes, just...kinda silent, as I've been focusing mainly on DI 9.r for the moment. I'll get back to it somewhere along the line, though.

arlisbloxer05
Cell
Cell

Unread post by arlisbloxer05 »

Great to hear! Especially since the Spore Modding community is so silent...

Which BTW, is there a place on here where we can request things for DI 9.r? I'd love to suggest some color schemes for the armor plating like pale armor and what not.
windblade
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by windblade »

as long as one can actually USE the plants
ThatDaisy
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by ThatDaisy »

Is this available for download yet?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ThatDemonDavid wrote:Is this available for download yet?
No

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: [PRE-ALPHA RELEASE] Branching Evolution

Pre-alpha release now available. Please read the note below before installing it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”