Himeric Engine [Partmod][BETA]

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #21 by rob55rod » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:58 am

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Eyes can not be placed on your parts. Please fix that. It is easy to fix.


I and others do not have this problem.

Image

Dark Injection eyes can not be placed on your parts. Do not use custom files in the creatureeditortemplates folder, unless you have to.



Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Poster of the New User Apocalypse

bony78
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:17 am
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #22 by bony78 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:16 pm

Interesting part mod

Private

Private

Clicker95
User avatar
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #23 by Clicker95 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:12 am

Himeric Engine Alpha 2 release!

[*] Painted parts!
[*] New rigblock-template for details;
[*] New mouth-template for details;
[*] New weapon-template for details;
[*] 2 new weapon-details.

Download: Himeric2_Alpha2.package [15.02.15]
(and download available in top-post)
Image

rob55rod wrote:Dark Injection eyes can not be placed on your parts. Do not use custom files in the creatureeditortemplates folder, unless you have to.


I did not have bugs with Dark Injection eyes. But I hope that the new templates will fix it.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #24 by rob55rod » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:25 pm

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Dark Injection eyes can not be placed on your parts. Do not use custom files in the creatureeditortemplates folder, unless you have to.


I did not have bugs with Dark Injection eyes. But I hope that the new templates will fix it.

Yes, this update fixed it.

But where are the models for the new details?

Private

Private

Clicker95
User avatar
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #25 by Clicker95 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:22 am

rob55rod wrote:But where are the models for the new details?


New parts will be in the next update :)

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #26 by rob55rod » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:51 am

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:But where are the models for the new details?


New parts will be in the next update :)

Oh, okay :D

Private

Private

Clicker95
User avatar
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #27 by Clicker95 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:27 am

We detained update to release more details. Stay tuned to c:

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #28 by rob55rod » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:00 pm

Clicker95 wrote:We detained update to release more details. Stay tuned to c:

Yay :D

Staff Sergeant

Staff Sergeant

GIRGHGH
User avatar
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:28 pm
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #29 by GIRGHGH » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:05 pm

What does 1024x1024 texture mean?
Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #30 by rob55rod » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:01 pm

GIRGHGH wrote:What does 1024x1024 texture mean?

It basically means REALLY, REALLY HD. Consider that Spore's native resolution is 128x128.

Tech Support

Tech Support

Emd4600 [ASR]
User avatar
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 am
Location: Sporepedia2's City, Spain
Gender: Male
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #31 by Emd4600 [ASR] » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:50 am

rob55rod wrote:
GIRGHGH wrote:What does 1024x1024 texture mean?

It basically means REALLY, REALLY HD. Consider that Spore's native resolution is 128x128.


For part textures is 128x128, but creatures use 512x512 textures at High resolution.
If you can't play Spore at high, don't enable 1024x1024 textures.
Image
Image

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #32 by rob55rod » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:36 pm

The 1024x creature textures only work in the editor for me, not in the Sporepedia, stages, or Adventures (but I think I know how to fix that).

Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:For part textures is 128x128, but creatures use 512x512 textures at High resolution.
If you can't play Spore at high, don't enable 1024x1024 textures.

I can play Spore at high graphics settings, but 1024x creature textures lag beyond playability for me while generating the creature texture, so that isn't a 100% guarantee.

Also, this mod's part textures are also 1024x resolution...somehow. *Head explodes into exactly 1,048,576 coloured squares*

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #33 by rob55rod » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:14 am

Ehehe...

Image

I did a Darkspore...

...and by that, I mean "I have started to port this amazing mod to Darkspore. I have no idea why I am doing this."

First Class

First Class

Noonyhead44
User avatar
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:43 am
Gender: Female
Zodiac: Capricorn
Age: 19
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #34 by Noonyhead44 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:08 pm

rob55rod wrote:Ehehe...

Image

I did a Darkspore...

...and by that, I mean "I have started to port this amazing mod to Darkspore. I have no idea why I am doing this."





THAT. IS. AMAZING.
A hashtag is actually called an octothorpe.

#Octothorpe! (sounds legit)

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #35 by rob55rod » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Noonyhead44 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Ehehe...

Image

I did a Darkspore...

...and by that, I mean "I have started to port this amazing mod to Darkspore. I have no idea why I am doing this."





THAT. IS. AMAZING.

WHY. THANK. YOU.

THE. AMAZING. PART. OF. IT. IS. NOT. EVEN. MY. WORK.

Private

Private

Clicker95
User avatar
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #36 by Clicker95 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:00 pm

Sorry for the long absence on the site.
I was very heavily loaded affairs, will soon be mod updates.

P.S. Import parts into Darkspore looks very cool!

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #37 by rob55rod » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:24 pm

Clicker95 wrote:Sorry for the long absence on the site.
I was very heavily loaded affairs, will soon be mod updates.

P.S. Import parts into Darkspore looks very cool!

Yay, I am very excited about this update! This is a very well-made mod. What does the name "Himeric Engine" mean?

I will try your 1024x textures config edit on Darkspore soon, and I will also port more of the parts over. More screenshots soon! Hopefully I can find out how to add the animated textures from Darkspore's heroes onto the parts as well, though that is not likely to be easy.

Private

Private

Clicker95
User avatar
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:28 am
Gender: None specified
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #38 by Clicker95 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:34 pm

rob55rod wrote:Yay, I am very excited about this update! This is a very well-made mod. What does the name "Himeric Engine" mean?

I will try your 1024x textures config edit on Darkspore soon, and I will also port more of the parts over. More screenshots soon! Hopefully I can find out how to add the animated textures from Darkspore's heroes onto the parts as well, though that is not likely to be easy.


Thank you, we monitor the quality of mod c:
I do not know, we tried to come up with a cool name с:
We were the "engine" for parts and "strange details", and has been called "Himeric Engine".
Good luck with porting!

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #39 by rob55rod » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:48 pm

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Yay, I am very excited about this update! This is a very well-made mod. What does the name "Himeric Engine" mean?

I will try your 1024x textures config edit on Darkspore soon, and I will also port more of the parts over. More screenshots soon! Hopefully I can find out how to add the animated textures from Darkspore's heroes onto the parts as well, though that is not likely to be easy.


Thank you, we monitor the quality of mod c:
I do not know, we tried to come up with a cool name с:
We were the "engine" for parts and "strange details", and has been called "Himeric Engine".
Good luck with porting!

Yes, I do not even understand how you can achieve such quality when you have such "little time" for this mod xD

Do you see the new :bs: :bvf: :fs: mod smilies? I think it would be rather funny if you made one of them for Himeric Engine, and I suspect that Davo would be more than happy to add it to the list.

I am going to need all of the luck I can get. It seems that the glow textures are part of the new Darkspore models, and SporeMaster can not do that. However, if you would like to create alternate diffuse and tintMask textures, I can send you the scrolling textures, and we can re-create the effect using those textures, but without the animation.

Tech Support

Tech Support

rob55rod
User avatar
Posts: 3221
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Zelem's Nexus, rebuilding.
Gender: Male
Status: Offline

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post #40 by rob55rod » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:14 am

Image
I have ported another part :mrgreen:

Also, the image shows the paint mode upgrade in the DarkSPORE Creature Editor mod!!


Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest