Himeric Engine [Partmod][BETA]

Talk about projects in development or experimental mods...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Himeric Engine [Partmod][ALPHA]

Unread post by rob55rod »

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Eyes can not be placed on your parts. Please fix that. It is easy to fix.
I and others do not have this problem.

Dark Injection eyes can not be placed on your parts. Do not use custom files in the creatureeditortemplates folder, unless you have to.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
bony78
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by bony78 »

Interesting part mod
Clicker95
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Clicker95 »

Himeric Engine Alpha 2 release!

[*] Painted parts!
[*] New rigblock-template for details;
[*] New mouth-template for details;
[*] New weapon-template for details;
[*] 2 new weapon-details.

Download: Himeric2_Alpha2.package [15.02.15]
(and download available in top-post)
rob55rod wrote: Dark Injection eyes can not be placed on your parts. Do not use custom files in the creatureeditortemplates folder, unless you have to.
I did not have bugs with Dark Injection eyes. But I hope that the new templates will fix it.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Dark Injection eyes can not be placed on your parts. Do not use custom files in the creatureeditortemplates folder, unless you have to.
I did not have bugs with Dark Injection eyes. But I hope that the new templates will fix it.
Yes, this update fixed it.

But where are the models for the new details?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Clicker95
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote:But where are the models for the new details?
New parts will be in the next update :)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:But where are the models for the new details?
New parts will be in the next update :)
Oh, okay :D

Clicker95
Creature
Creature

We detained update to release more details. Stay tuned to c:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Clicker95 wrote:We detained update to release more details. Stay tuned to c:
Yay :D

GIRGHGH
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by GIRGHGH »

What does 1024x1024 texture mean?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

GIRGHGH wrote:What does 1024x1024 texture mean?
It basically means REALLY, REALLY HD. Consider that Spore's native resolution is 128x128.

emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

rob55rod wrote:
GIRGHGH wrote:What does 1024x1024 texture mean?
It basically means REALLY, REALLY HD. Consider that Spore's native resolution is 128x128.
For part textures is 128x128, but creatures use 512x512 textures at High resolution.
If you can't play Spore at high, don't enable 1024x1024 textures.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

The 1024x creature textures only work in the editor for me, not in the Sporepedia, stages, or Adventures (but I think I know how to fix that).
Emd4600 [ASR] wrote:For part textures is 128x128, but creatures use 512x512 textures at High resolution.
If you can't play Spore at high, don't enable 1024x1024 textures.
I can play Spore at high graphics settings, but 1024x creature textures lag beyond playability for me while generating the creature texture, so that isn't a 100% guarantee.

Also, this mod's part textures are also 1024x resolution...somehow. *Head explodes into exactly 1,048,576 coloured squares*

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Ehehe...

I did a Darkspore...

...and by that, I mean "I have started to port this amazing mod to Darkspore. I have no idea why I am doing this."

Noonyhead44
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Noonyhead44 »

rob55rod wrote:Ehehe...

I did a Darkspore...

...and by that, I mean "I have started to port this amazing mod to Darkspore. I have no idea why I am doing this."

THAT. IS. AMAZING.
A hashtag is actually called an octothorpe.

#Octothorpe! (sounds legit)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Noonyhead44 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Ehehe...

I did a Darkspore...

THAT. IS. AMAZING.
WHY. THANK. YOU.

THE. AMAZING. PART. OF. IT. IS. NOT. EVEN. MY. WORK.

Clicker95
Creature
Creature

Sorry for the long absence on the site.
I was very heavily loaded affairs, will soon be mod updates.

P.S. Import parts into Darkspore looks very cool!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Clicker95 wrote:Sorry for the long absence on the site.
I was very heavily loaded affairs, will soon be mod updates.

P.S. Import parts into Darkspore looks very cool!
Yay, I am very excited about this update! This is a very well-made mod. What does the name "Himeric Engine" mean?

I will try your 1024x textures config edit on Darkspore soon, and I will also port more of the parts over. More screenshots soon! Hopefully I can find out how to add the animated textures from Darkspore's heroes onto the parts as well, though that is not likely to be easy.

Clicker95
Creature
Creature

rob55rod wrote: Yay, I am very excited about this update! This is a very well-made mod. What does the name "Himeric Engine" mean?

I will try your 1024x textures config edit on Darkspore soon, and I will also port more of the parts over. More screenshots soon! Hopefully I can find out how to add the animated textures from Darkspore's heroes onto the parts as well, though that is not likely to be easy.
Thank you, we monitor the quality of mod c:
I do not know, we tried to come up with a cool name с:
We were the "engine" for parts and "strange details", and has been called "Himeric Engine".
Good luck with porting!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Clicker95 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Yay, I am very excited about this update! This is a very well-made mod. What does the name "Himeric Engine" mean?

Thank you, we monitor the quality of mod c:
I do not know, we tried to come up with a cool name с:
We were the "engine" for parts and "strange details", and has been called "Himeric Engine".
Good luck with porting!
Yes, I do not even understand how you can achieve such quality when you have such "little time" for this mod xD

Do you see the new :bs: :bvf: :fs: mod smilies? I think it would be rather funny if you made one of them for Himeric Engine, and I suspect that Davo would be more than happy to add it to the list.

I am going to need all of the luck I can get. It seems that the glow textures are part of the new Darkspore models, and SporeMaster can not do that. However, if you would like to create alternate diffuse and tintMask textures, I can send you the scrolling textures, and we can re-create the effect using those textures, but without the animation.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

I have ported another part :mrgreen:

Also, the image shows the paint mode upgrade in the DarkSPORE Creature Editor mod!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “[WIP] Work In Progress”